• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Irish777

Irish777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

I was thinking of getting one for my first magfed marker and was wondering the pros and cons of it.

#2 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

Pros:
Mag Fed can be a lot of fun
MK3 is one of the easier ways to get into jt without dealing with terrible RAP4 stuff
They feel solidly made

CONS:
Magfed has an expensive start up cost, especially with MILSIG mags and buying a kit.
You really need to baby your MK3 a lot and take the time to learn how to lube it and clean it.
MILSIG mags have a tendency to have issues.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#3 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

Pros:
MK3 is one of the easier ways to get into jt without dealing with terrible RAP4 stuff
They feel solidly made

CONS:
Magfed has an expensive start up cost, especially with MILSIG mags and buying a kit.
You really need to baby your MK3 a lot and take the time to learn how to lube it and clean it.

Another con (personally for me) I hate the ping sound. It is the spring I just hate it. You will know what I mean if you see the hustle paintball review for it.

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Pros:
They feel solidly made

CONS:

cannot shoot first strike rounds!

add one in, the one in red. if a milsim marker cant shoot first strike rounds then its useless. A big part at least i feel, is being able to shoot first strike rounds or else you are paying good money for a blow back marker essentially that takes mags instead of having a hopper. which means you basically only pay for the handicap of mags. 

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

well the thing is for the price point do you really expect it to shoot first strike. But good point.

Edited by ThePBnewbie, 22 November 2013 - 01:14 AM.

#6 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,637 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:06 AM

Well the hammer 7 shoots first strikes and comes in at under $150. Even the MR5 is under $200...Your argument is invalid
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#7 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 02:05 AM

Well the hammer 7 shoots first strikes and comes in at under $150. Even the MR5 is under $200...Your argument is invalid

but you don't get milsig build quality and customer service
or ease of maintenance and customizability 

#8 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 03:09 AM

but you don't get milsig build quality and customer service
or ease of maintenance and customizability 

fsr is for milsim and woodsball so why wouldn't you want a milsim marker that shoots fsr.

Lulzjustacat.png

#9 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 06:09 AM

Pros:
They feel solidly made

CONS:
cannot shoot first strike rounds!

add one in, the one in red. if a milsim marker cant shoot first strike rounds then its useless. A big part at least i feel, is being able to shoot first strike rounds or else you are paying good money for a blow back marker essentially that takes mags instead of having a hopper. which means you basically only pay for the handicap of mags. 

One problem with this view point, MK3's are blow forward, not blow back. The Old milsigs were BB, not this one.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#10 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:11 PM

You aren't really paying for the handicap of a mag, you're paying for the fun of playing magfed and the feeling you get when you eliminate someone who is using a full hopper. You're also paying for the loss of a hopper, which will look better, clear your field of view, and make you a smaller target.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users