15 replies to this topic

#1 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

I am in need of a speedball gun for some heavy modifying and body kit work. Normally I would just use a tippmann A5 or a BT-4, but the project I'm doing needs the gun to have a vertical feed neck and the neck has to be as far back on the gun as possible, so speedball fits the bill. It will basically look like a woodsball gun when I'm done with it. 

Cheap as possible please, like under 200, but it needs to be as reliable or almost as reliable as a tippmann. I also don't need any fancy things like built in E-Grips or cool looking shells. If the body could be as mod-friendly as possible that would be great, something that is just a big unibody or has a lot of integral components stuffed in the grip isn't going to be easy to modify.

Cheers :)

P.S. First post :D

Edited by Scum, 14 October 2013 - 08:39 PM.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Try looking at Ions. Tons of body kits already available. You should be able to find one that fits your tastes.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Classic Automag are pretty simple to play with.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,107 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

"Speedball gun"... "no built in e-grips". Unless you choose the eNMEy thats going to be a difficult proposition.

#5 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:38 PM

I was thinking about the ion, but since they aren't in production anymore parts will be increasingly hard to get. Also, the body is going to be entirely homemade (probably carved from walnut wood and covered in fiberglass).

I'll definitely check out the automag, thanks.

And I was thinking about the eNMEy, but I wasn't going to invest till I had seen some other options.

Thank you for your submissions :)

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:55 PM

Ion parts are not that hard to come by, especially with Smart Parts being reopened as GoG. All of the current GoG markers use the same bolt engine as the Ion.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

Ion parts will not run out for quite some time. And Ions are great for custom projects. If you want something with similar internals, you can also take a look at the eNVy, Vibe, SP1, G1, eNMEy, Ion, and eXTCy as they all use similar bolt engines. Again, between all of these guns, I can almost guarantee parts will not be running out anytime soon, and ion parts are cheap.

#8 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:56 PM

I stand corrected :D

EDIT: One more criteria I need, how easy will the ASA be to remove? For this mod I will need to take it and place it on a totally different area of the gun, so a flexible hose will be required.

DOUBLE EDIT: This isn't actually a requirement, but how air efficient are the smart parts markers? Specifically the eNMEy. I will be using HPA, though, so co2 efficiency doesn't matter.

Cheers :)

Edited by Scum, 14 October 2013 - 10:15 PM.

#9 jcmurdoch

jcmurdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:11 AM

When Hustle Paintball did a review on the eNMEy they got around 1040 shots off a 68/4500. Hope that helps. Mike got around 8 pods from the GoG eXTCy as well. Hope that helps/

#10 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

GOG Enmey is your best option.  Its within your budget and has all the criteria you are looking for. It is by far the most easily modifiable gun out there for spool valve markers and on top of that it is more reliable than any tippmann (lifetime warantee is on the enmey for a reason). 

#11 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 06:12 PM

Yep, an Enmey is great. I got mine 2 weeks ago and just by disassembling it I can tell it will be pretty easy, the only slightly difficult thing will be mounting the remote regulator.

#12 drummie224

drummie224

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

Yup, Ion or some of those gog markers are going to be your best bet. People have done a ton of different mods with ion bodies, you see a lot of bulpup style guns made with ion parts. 

http://www.pbnation....d.php?t=3156963

http://www.pbnation....0&highlight=p90

http://www.pbnation....5&highlight=p90

Those are some examples

#13 i-707

i-707

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 03:32 PM

this is a little out of your price range but the planet eclipse etha it is about 300

#14 SuperG91

SuperG91

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 22 January 2014 - 05:22 AM

SP1's and GoG 1's

They are simply the most modifiable paintball gun ive ever come across. 

Me and my buddy made a gauntlet out of a Ion first, then re-made it with a Sp1 and the Sp1 was so much better. 

This was Version 1

gun1.jpg

This is Version 2

gun3.jpg

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#15 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:13 PM

SP1's and GoG 1's

Me and my buddy made a gauntlet out of a Ion first, then re-made it with a Sp1 and the Sp1 was so much better.

Holy crap. That is easily the most original paintball mod I've seen.

What makes the sp-1 so much better than the ion? I just thought it was an ion in a milsim body.

#16 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 12:58 PM

The SP1 board and solenoid can be seperated easier than Ions can making it easier to relocate the board.You just need to unsolder the noid from the board then you can  resolder extended wire leads to put the board anywhere

SP1's and GoG 1's

Holy crap. That is easily the most original paintball mod I've seen.

What makes the sp-1 so much better than the ion? I just thought it was an ion in a milsim body.

While the firing can on SP1s and Ion XEs are almost identical the board and noid is different.

The SP1 board and solenoid can be seperated easier than Ions can making it easier to relocate the board.You just need to unsolder the noid from the board then you can  resolder extended wire leads to put the board anywhere

I did this on my magfed bullpup but used a 2011 PMR noid as the rear airline isn't solid like the SP1 noid

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: speedball, modify, mod, gun, body kit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users