• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Brevinn_11

Brevinn_11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Starting to get into paintballing and i was looking for a cheap gun. Ive been doing my research and so far the Kaos has been the best...thoughts?

#2 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

It's a great marker. There are going to be a lot of posts about used electronic guns, but those will still cost more than a new Kaos. I currently own a Kaos, and I'm loving every minute of it :). Incredibly easy to maintain, looks good, shot consistency is a tad iffy (but it doesn't fluctuate terribly), and if you get a fast hopper, you can actually walk the trigger!
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#3 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:51 PM

Do you have your own quality thermal mask?  Tank? Hopper? Please watch this video if you are not SURE where to begin.

That being said, the Kaos isn't that bad for the price. I have played a few games with one (and I am a long-time Spyder owner) and found it to be decent. Keep in mind that I still do not consider it worth buying at $90 or so if you want to end up with an electronic gun down the road anyways. Get the right low-end electronic first in that case.

Please follow up in this thread with what you have and or any other questions on how to proceed.

#4 Brevinn_11

Brevinn_11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

I've got a Proto primo hopper and i do have a quality mask but i don't have a tank...should i get a Co2 tank or pressurized air??

#5 Simiballer

Simiballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

For a mech, CO2 will be okay, but not very many fields still do CO2, I think. Every field I have been to has ONLY air compressors. Also, air tanks are lighter and will not wreck the interiors of any guns you want to upgrade to.

#6 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

If I were looking around the $100 price point, I'd want to try a Gog Enmey in addition to the Kaos.

#7 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Get air! Preferably, a carbon fiber bottle 68/4500 from the start. You will not regret it.

A better hopper would also be advisable, but you got the good non-motorized one.

Edited by Sydarm, 16 October 2013 - 11:04 PM.

#8 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

Ignore simiballer, get high pressure air from the start because when you upgrade to a gun that needs hpa then you don't scrabble to find one and are left with a useless metal cylinder
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#9 Simiballer

Simiballer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Also, air tanks are lighter and will not wreck the interiors of any guns you want to upgrade to.

SplatSplat, I made the same argument you did! I was merely saying that CO2 would work from a mechanical standpoint, but air would be best, especially if he upgrades, which is what you wrote minus the CO2 part :P

#10 Brevinn_11

Brevinn_11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

My problem is that i dont know if the paintball course in my town refills HPA.

#11 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:01 PM

call them then

#12 Brevinn_11

Brevinn_11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

Just went on there website and they do so il probably get a HPA tank.

#13 Brigo11

Brigo11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

First off, if I were you, I would get a new loader which can feed faster. A Proto Primo hopper won't feed as fast as something that is electronic, and therefore you will chop paint if you shoot faster than maybe 5-8 balls a second (if I'm not mistaken). You should get something like a Halo Too just so that in the future, you can upgrade to a better gun without having to get a new loader.

I personally have a GOG Enmey and I think it's absoulutely amazing (for a mech gun that is). I have an Azodin Blitz EVO also, and I'm not so happy with it. I've had some quality issues with the item. I got it brand new, and there were issues with the board and regulator. My friend has an Azodin Kaos, and he says it's alright for the price. The Enmey is a really smooth gun for the price, and I love it! It's great for rec days when you don't really need an electronic gun. So in conclusion, I recommend the GOG Enmey, it's a great marker for what you pay!

Now about the tank, I would say to just get an HPA tank. If you ever upgrade to another mid-high end gun, odds are, you'll need an HPA tank. Just save up the money and save yourself some of it later on. That's what I did getting into paintball. I invested some extra cash and got an HPA tank and a GOG Enmey which is something I will never regret. Only thing I did wrong was get a gravity fed hopper. If I ever shot too fast, I would chop paint. It's definetely something you don't want.

I hope this helped you, good luck on choosing your marker!

Sounds like he is in Canadoo, the land of maple syrup and the majestic moose...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users