• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 T_D

T_D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

Hello, havent played paintball since i was 12. I am now 23 (if that matters) and would like to start playing some recreational woodsball. I was given an A-5 with a response trigger for my birthday, so I need to buy a mask, tank, and some sort of coil. Im a big guy so tank weight isnt as much of a concern as it might be for some. If anyone could suggest a tank brand (ninja?) along with any other specifics I would appreciate the help. As for the mask, I remember when I was younger the fogging being brutal and forcing me to remove it to unfog it; therefore a non-fogging mask would be a necessity to me. I will shy away from giving concrete price limits as im the type of guy who would pay that extra little bit if I felt the quality would be worth it. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

-Tyler

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

For the mask check out the Vforce Grill and Profiler, JT Proflex, Empire E-Flex and E-Vents. The Dye i4 is a great mask too but may be too small for you.

Also I would strongly recommend skipping a remote line/coil, tanks work great as a shoulder support and the line makes it hard to swotch hands and the lack of a tank on the back throws most markers off balance.

#3 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:16 PM

For the mask check out the Vforce Grill and Profiler, JT Proflex, Empire E-Flex and E-Vents. The Dye i4 is a great mask too but may be too small for you.
Also I would strongly recommend skipping a remote line/coil, tanks work great as a shoulder support and the line makes it hard to swotch hands and the lack of a tank on the back throws most markers off balance.

^
Plus ninja are arguably the best tanks out there.
P.s welcome to techpb
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#4 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Pretty much everybody will recommend that you go into your nearest proshop to try masks on. thats the best way to find out what fits you the best, what gives you the most protection, what is most comfy, what breathes the best, etc...
as for tank, 68 or 77 cubic inch 4500 psi tanks will work the best especially since you're bigger guy
again if you can go into the store you'll be able to see the different lengths and see what will work the best for you

#5 T_D

T_D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Thank you sir for your response and input. I will go with a tank on the gun initially and see how it goes. I have a pretty big head as well, 7 5/8 fitted so that is also an excellent point. I will check for the ones you named; I just know that the anti-fogging is extremely important and dont want to end up with a p.o.s mask

#6 T_D

T_D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Sorry for the double post, just realized the multiquote function

^
P.s welcome to techpb

Alright, Ninja it is. And thanks.

Pretty much everybody will recommend that you go into your nearest proshop to try masks on. thats the best way to find out what fits you the best, what gives you the most protection, what is most comfy, what breathes the best, etc...
as for tank, 68 or 77 cubic inch 4500 psi tanks will work the best especially since you're bigger guy
again if you can go into the store you'll be able to see the different lengths and see what will work the best for you

Sounds like trying the masks on makes the most sense.

As for the tank, it doesnt matter at all between 68 or 77? I realize they stand for cubic inch, so is that the size of the tank? and the 4500 psi is the pressure, affecting velocity?

Also if I may, what about the regulator? I googled the tank and found 3-4 on amazon that appear to be nearly identical but range in price from 150-185.

Is that what im going to end up paying?

Thanks in advance

#7 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

Remote lines are good if you use a stock. Having a stock as well as a tank underneath is annoying.

Also, antifog spray works very well. Even when using a cheap rental mask the spray worked perfectly. In fact, I wasn't even using antifog spray, I was using Bath and Body Works gentle foaming hand soap. All you need to do is bring a bottle of that and a roll of toilet paper or tissues, then press the handle of the soap dispenser into the wad of tissues or toilet paper and dispense the soap, make sure that only the material is soaked in the soap, and that there is no extra soap foam on top. If you do it this way it shouldn't make any smear lines and your mask will be fog free. 

Note: This may not work for you, always try this out before you bring it to the field to avoid disappointment. You may also need to reapply it after matches.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#8 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

^
P.s welcome to techpb

As for the tank, it doesnt matter at all between 68 or 77? I realize they stand for cubic inch, so is that the size of the tank? and the 4500 psi is the pressure, affecting velocity?

Also if I may, what about the regulator? I googled the tank and found 3-4 on amazon that appear to be nearly identical but range in price from 150-185.

Thanks in advance

The pressure in the tank does not affect velocity, velocity is determined by a velocity adjuster knob on the marker. The extra pressure will just give you extra bang for your buck. I believe that it is estimated that you should get about 10 shots per cubic inch on 3000 PSI tanks, and 15 shots per cubic inch on 4500 PSI tanks, different markers are more or less air efficient, so those numbers are all just estimates.

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#9 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

^
P.s welcome to techpb

Thanks in advance

The pressure in the tank does not affect velocity, velocity is determined by a velocity adjuster knob on the marker. The extra pressure will just give you extra bang for your buck. I believe that it is estimated that you should get about 10 shots per cubic inch on 3000 PSI tanks, and 15 shots per cubic inch on 4500 PSI tanks, different markers are more or less air efficient, so those numbers are all just estimates.

you're definitely gonna want the 4500psi tank because tippmanns aren't the most efficient markers, especially with the response trigger and cyclone feed eating away at your air
ninja tanks are going to be the best and i would highly suggest a tank with an SHP (super high pressure) reg for optimum performance.
expect to be paying between $160 and $190 for a tank new, or you can look used as well

#10 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:50 AM

^
P.s welcome to techpb

Thanks in advance

you're definitely gonna want the 4500psi tank because tippmanns aren't the most efficient markers, especially with the response trigger and cyclone feed eating away at your air
ninja tanks are going to be the best and i would highly suggest a tank with an SHP (super high pressure) reg for optimum performance.
expect to be paying between $160 and $190 for a tank new, or you can look used as well

oh god no. seriously dont listen to this guy about the super high pressure reg. you hardly ever need SHP and if OP gets a new marker, guess what! he wont be able to use his tank because the reg's pressure will shit on his marker and blow 0-rings and other shit. never seen an incident where a marker needs SHP although i know a very select few marker need/pref SHP out there.

Lulzjustacat.png

#11 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

^
P.s welcome to techpb

Thanks in advance

oh god no. seriously dont listen to this guy about the super high pressure reg. you hardly ever need SHP and if OP gets a new marker, guess what! he wont be able to use his tank because the reg's pressure will shit on his marker and blow 0-rings and other shit. never seen an incident where a marker needs SHP although i know a very select few marker need/pref SHP out there.

it is a tippmann a5 with a response trigger and cyclone feed though. tippmanns like high output tanks and i highly doubt you would blow orings, especially with a tippmann

#12 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

I wear a size 7 7/8 in hats, so I feel your pain OP. I recommend checking out: EFlexes, Sly Profits, Proflexes, and Grillz for masks.

As for a tank, go with a Ninja with a normal reg, don't sweat getting an SHPbor SLP reg..

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

^
P.s welcome to techpb

Thanks in advance

it is a tippmann a5 with a response trigger and cyclone feed though. tippmanns like high output tanks and i highly doubt you would blow orings, especially with a tippmann

Or you could just leave the shims in an adjustable reg and have a reg that will work flawless for any marker...

#14 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

Holy quote of a quote of a quote of a.....l2post

SHP is really for automags. A standard 850psi or so output pressure is what you want for an A-5. The Ninja reg comes stock at high pressure. Do not remove any shims for use with an A-5 or other high pressure blowback...and for that matter, there are very few cases where you even should bother to remove any shims.

I run 4/4 of my regulated low pressure guns with high pressure ninja regs.

#15 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

The Empire Events are a very good mask and for the HPA tank, I have a crossfire 68/45 tank and is very light weight.  If you are playing woodsball I would get a bigger tank.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#16 AJpaintball4life

AJpaintball4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:50 PM

Welcome to the Forum Tyler, I'd say get the ninja tank and as for the Mask my favorites are HK army or Dye invision

Lowest price Paintball equipments

http://paintballgunsforsalenow.com

Over 2000 fans on Facebook:
https://www.facebook...sforsalenowpage

#17 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Welcome to the Forum Tyler, I'd say get the ninja tank and as for the Mask my favorites are HK army or Dye invision

The HK mask hasn't even been released yet...

#18 AJpaintball4life

AJpaintball4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Oops sorry I meant US army Goggles, I was thinking HK cause I was just checking out some of their inventory earlier lol..The US army ranger performance goggles are a good affordable choice and they fit really well based on my experience

#19 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:27 PM

Oops sorry I meant US army Goggles, I was thinking HK cause I was just checking out some of their inventory earlier lol..The US army ranger performance goggles are a good affordable choice and they fit really well based on my experience

theres better goggles for the price than tippmanns US army goggles
the Vforce pro vantage, proto switch goggles, even the valken mi-7

#20 AJpaintball4life

AJpaintball4life

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:07 PM

theres better goggles for the price than tippmanns US army goggles
the Vforce pro vantage, proto switch goggles, even the valken mi-7

Then I suggest you buy those!

#21 pbplayer567

pbplayer567

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=0kSQXW7Hc3I

Its Mike talking about the what size tank you should use and why

Edited by pbplayer567, 28 October 2013 - 03:34 PM.

If your under 18 and pay for your own gear put this in your sig

#22 Pyeuwnie

Pyeuwnie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

A 48/3000 ninja tank wouldnt be a bad choice. And its quite cheaper than 4500s but that all depends on what u think is best for u. I have one and it does the job perfectly for me. Just gotta fill it up more often and a little bit more weight to it since its aluminum.

#23 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

A 48/3000 ninja tank wouldnt be a bad choice. And its quite cheaper than 4500s but that all depends on what u think is best for u. I have one and it does the job perfectly for me. Just gotta fill it up more often and a little bit more weight to it since its aluminum.

you wont get many shots from that with an a5

#24 Lebby

Lebby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:20 PM

Trust me you want to invest in a good mask I would suggest VForce Grillz you can pick some up for like 80 bucks and its a mask that the pros use and for a tank get a ninja 4500 psi size according to how you play but 68/4500 is preferable for most people.

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

Trust me you want to invest in a good mask I would suggest VForce Grillz you can pick some up for like 80 bucks and its a mask that the pros use and for a tank get a ninja 4500 psi size according to how you play but 68/4500 is preferable for most people.

It doesn't matter "what the pros use".

#26 T_D

T_D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hello everyone, thanks for the responses. I've been sidetracked searching for jobs and paying to get my car fixed so this topic has taken a back-burner.

http://www.amazon.co...s=ninja 68 4500

Ninja 68/4500 carbon fiber w/ regulator

this seems to be the consensus from posters. Would the link above be appropriate? Black is $160.

#27 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:59 AM

Hello everyone, thanks for the responses. I've been sidetracked searching for jobs and paying to get my car fixed so this topic has taken a back-burner.

this seems to be the consensus from posters. Would the link above be appropriate? Black is $160.

grey ghost will be the cheapest ninja /4500 tank however if you want black then get black. I also suggest you buy from an actual paintball website or physical paintball store instead of amazon, only to support a store/website that depends on the relatively small (in comparison to other hobbies or industries) paintball community to stay in business. However if you don't feel like paying the tax on your tank then by all means pick amazon.

Edited by III Kezia III, 21 November 2013 - 01:00 AM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#28 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 03:07 AM

^
P.s welcome to techpb

Thanks in advance

you are thinking short term though. like i said before in my other post. " if OP gets a new marker, guess what! he wont be able to use his tank because the reg's pressure will shit on his marker and blow 0-rings and other shit". when i mean new marker im talking about an upgrade not just another blow back 

Lulzjustacat.png

#29 T_D

T_D

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 04:20 PM

grey ghost will be the cheapest ninja /4500 tank however if you want black then get black. I also suggest you buy from an actual paintball website or physical paintball store instead of amazon, only to support a store/website that depends on the relatively small (in comparison to other hobbies or industries) paintball community to stay in business. However if you don't feel like paying the tax on your tank then by all means pick amazon.

By grey ghost do you just mean the grey tank? And im not opposed to that, do you have any websites you'd suggest that would have good prices but also support the cause?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users