19 replies to this topic

#1 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Freshman year, tore acl in right knee playing high school soccer. Two weeks ago, tore my acl in left leg playing rec soccer. Fuck. Me.
And I just bought an Axe for $300 in early August and haven't been able to use it yet, used my Overload knee pads once and now need to sell them cause I can't wear them with donjoy knee braces.
I'm probably going to stuck with my bum leg until mid November, and then rehab for six months. So basically, I'm going to get bent over in school for a month cause I'm in hard classes, and I'm going to be out of paintball until summer. I'm not risking anymore injuries so I'm done with sports, not paintball though.
SO FRUSTERATING.
On the good side, we bought an amazing excercise bike and an ice machine, so life should be a little easier. And there really won't be any surprises this time around, but nevertheless, this sucks so much. Plus, college apps and scholarship essays are due soon. Definetly not how I wanted senior year to go.

#2 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Every time I step on the pitch, I get scared of getting hurt. (ACL mostly)

Thanks for reassuring the possibility of that happening to me...

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#3 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

I still can't believe it happened either. I also bumped up my surgery date to late October just so I can get this shit over with

#4 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

I was a three sport athlete in high school and played a lot of xball. I was never hurt.... Not once. 

Build a better body bro! 

I dont see how people are always hurt and breaking down

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#5 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

I was a three sport athlete in high school and played a lot of xball. I was never hurt.... Not once. 

Build a better body bro! 

I was just about to say the same thing. I am a three sport athlete right now and a sophomore and have never once gotten hurt.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#6 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

I play soccer, I'll likely play lacrosse, and I play speedball and I've never been hurt. But I feel like I'm due for an injury.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#7 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

Build a better body bro! 

I was just about to say the same thing. I am a three sport athlete right now and a sophomore and have never once gotten hurt.

It depends on what sports you are involved in. More contact sports means better chance of injury.

Also, sometimes your body just gives out. I was active duty Marines for 5 years, and was always working out and PTing. Now I have disability compensation for the rest of my life for a blown out knee and a fucked up elbow. If you stress yourself too hard for too long, your body breaks.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#8 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Both acl tears came from hard hits. Basically the other player's knee hit the outside of my knee while I was more stationary, going up for a header and passing, not much I can do to stop that. Knee injuries to me are just random bad luck events.

And paintball isn't a contact sport, much less risk of hurting yourself.

#9 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

I played both sides offensive and defensive line for my football team, spent the entire winter throwing shot and "conditioning" for winter track, as well as lifting for football, then went into baseball.

I never broke down.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

I played both sides offensive and defensive line for my football team, spent the entire winter throwing shot and "conditioning" for winter track, as well as lifting for football, then went into baseball.

I never broke down.

That's you, but everyone is different. 

#11 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

I never broke down.

Rule 1 Brotein! "Protein" 

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

I never broke down.

Rule 1 Brotein! "Protein" 

Good point. As we speak, I'm on my way to my local brocery, to get some brotein.

#13 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

I never broke down.

You do realize that not everyone is built the same way genetically right? We aren't just carbon copies of the same person with different colored hair and eyes and skin..

If your body is going to break, it's going to break, one way or another. It might not fail catastrophically, but I can guarantee you, every day you live, your body is weakening and dying off slowly. Sooner or later, shits going to start failing on you. If you put it through rigorous stress (read: carrying heavy equipment all day, every day and walking for miles), eventually your joints are going to start wearing down faster, much like the parts on a car. It's just the way we are built. 

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#14 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

I never broke down.

You do realize that not everyone is built the same way genetically right? We aren't just carbon copies of the same person with different colored hair and eyes and skin..

If your body is going to break, it's going to break, one way or another. It might not fail catastrophically, but I can guarantee you, every day you live, your body is weakening and dying off slowly. Sooner or later, shits going to start failing on you. If you put it through rigorous stress (read: carrying heavy equipment all day, every day and walking for miles), eventually your joints are going to start wearing down faster, much like the parts on a car. It's just the way we are built. 

Im well aware of that but its astounding to me how people are always having these major injuries. 

So young but unable to keep healthy or take the necessary precautions to try and prevent them and protect yourself. 

#15 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

Necessary precautions? Do you understand how random ACL/knee injuries are? Sam Bradford tore his yesterday landing on his knees and sliding, Brian Cushing tore his by getting hit from the outside. I tore both of mine by hits to the outside. It's hard to argue that Sam Bradford and Brian Cushing didn't take precautions and aren't healthy.

I think you're thinking of injuries like muscle cramps, sprains, pulls, and easily preventable injuries.

#16 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:01 AM

Necessary precautions? Do you understand how random ACL/knee injuries are? Sam Bradford tore his yesterday landing on his knees and sliding, Brian Cushing tore his by getting hit from the outside. I tore both of mine by hits to the outside. It's hard to argue that Sam Bradford and Brian Cushing didn't take precautions and aren't healthy.

I think you're thinking of injuries like muscle cramps, sprains, pulls, and easily preventable injuries.

I am not specifically referring to your injury. However there are a lot of instances where people I know hurt themselves by using poor form in the gym, or even by simply doing something stupid in a practice, your acl tare is simply bad luck. Hope it heals up quickly. 

#17 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Then yes, then I completely agree. Thanks man

#18 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

That might be a good thing for the team. He sucks.

#19 Rhino1909

Rhino1909

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 07:51 PM

I can't tell if he isn't good or if the entire team blows. Clemens certainly isn't any better haha

#20 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

I want Marc Bulger back! But get a decent O-line first.

The Rams O-line has been garbage for far too long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users