10 replies to this topic

#1 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

So I just have to ask, my friend is buying a phenom when he already has a G5. He is telling me that the phenom destroys the SP1 because of the fact that it can still shoot without a battery and will be smoother shooting and more efficient than my SP1. What does the TechPB community think of this?

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

GXG 4+5 Pod Pack-Camo                                         4+5 orGxG  4+1 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

The SP1 will be smoother, but the Phenom should be a bit more efficient. I like what Tippmann has with the mech/electro capability on the fly, but it is not important, nor have I ever been in a situation where I've needed it in my 15 years of paintball.

Plus, I always prefer to use an actual loader of my own choosing, than be forced to use a Cyclone. Not that there's anything wrong with a Cyclone per se, as I have one on my A5, but overall a loader of your own choosing is better in the long run.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 16 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

The SP1 will be smoother, but the Phenom should be a bit more efficient. I like what Tippmann has with the mech/electro capability on the fly, but it is not important, nor have I ever been in a situation where I've needed it in my 15 years of paintball.

Plus, I always prefer to use an actual loader of my own choosing, than be forced to use a Cyclone. Not that there's anything wrong with a Cyclone per se, as I have one on my A5, but overall a loader of your own choosing is better in the long run.

We only get fills to 3k so I don't know how many shots he'll get off of that. I usually get my hopper and 2 pods

Primary-SP1 Blackheart with RAPS II asa                Back Up/Loaner-Tippmann Alpha Black

ANS 68/4500                                                              Guerrilla Air 48/3000 

FASTA 18v LED-Smoke                                             JT Shake 'n Bake

Proto Switch FS-Camo                                               Switch FS or Tippmann Mask                                      

#4 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

The SP-1 might be slightly less efficient, but I can guarantee it will be much smoother, and allows you to use your own loader. 

In my mind?

SP-1 blows the Phenom out of the water. 

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I'd go SP1, especially with the Phenom being pricier. Smoother, centre feed, silent (unlike the Phenom which is cannon loud), impossible to break paint. Weight on the Phenom is good for its size though, especially considering its metal, unlike the SP1.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:48 PM

He's determined on the phenom, the guy is selling it for $350. It's the UMP version 

#7 CPS

CPS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

He will either love it or realize he over paid for it the minute he uses it. 

#8 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

sp-1 ftw tippmanns are rocks...

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#9 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

sp-1 ftw tippmanns are rocks...

That's both good and bad in my opinion. I keep a tippmann as a loaner because you can't break one (for the most part)

#10 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

I'd go with the Phenom, SP1 is awesome but the Phenom is an excellent gun in it's own right.

109.gif

#11 klown

klown

Gamer and Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Thing is he uses an aluminum tank and wants to use the stock on the phenom and has no way to run a remote

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users