154 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Now I'm going to say this right off the bat, I don't think DMs are horrible guns. I just hate what they've been saying about the DM14. On ANSGear's ad it says DM14-Completetly Redesigned- I call bullshit. All they did was mill an air passage through the gun, mill off some excess metal, and move the LPR. That is certainly not redesigned. In the description the of the marker they put lots of enphasis on its decrease in length.... By less than half an inch! That's not that far, if I was blindfolded and held 2 markers, one being half an inch longer than the other, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. Now I know people are going to argue that now it has the Hyper4 and tool less grips, but I don't really care about that as it's doesn't affect performance. If Dye made this macro less AND have an OLED then I would be in favor of this gun. But seriously, I can get the same performance out of a DM12 or maybe even a DM9 for less than half the price of this. The End
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

25077870.jpg

#3 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

If you're gonna criticize, do it constructively
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Hyper 4 means nothing. It just means they took a Hyper 3 and stuck it in a different housing.

But what really bugs me is how Dye has to try and come up with fancy names and graphics for "features" on all their guns. Like the gasthru frame, it has its own little logo that goes on all the posters like it's some unique thing that only Dye has. They even have a special logo for the fact that they have a quick release bolt. Like, thanks Dye, I'm so glad you're here to show us all these really cool features that need their own bullet points and logos in the presentation.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Fine.

It is a paintball marker and because you live in a capitalistic country you DON'T have to buy the item. Sure you can moan, bitch, and complain all you want but if you do not want to buy said item then you do not have to. If you are going to criticize do it constructively AND send it to the right people so you don't have to make a rant on a forum where it will never reach the eyes of the manufacturer or the designer. 

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 06:50 PM

Can't hear you guys over Bob Long doing the same thing since 2009.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Now I'm going to say this right off the bat, I don't think DMs are horrible guns. I just hate what they've been saying about the DM14. On ANSGear's ad it says DM14-Completetly Redesigned- I call bullshit. All they did was mill an air passage through the gun, mill off some excess metal, and move the LPR. That is certainly not redesigned. In the description the of the marker they put lots of enphasis on its decrease in length.... By less than half an inch! That's not that far, if I was blindfolded and held 2 markers, one being half an inch longer than the other, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the two. Now I know people are going to argue that now it has the Hyper4 and tool less grips, but I don't really care about that as it's doesn't affect performance. If Dye made this macro less AND have an OLED then I would be in favor of this gun. But seriously, I can get the same performance out of a DM12 or maybe even a DM9 for less than half the price of this. The End

You contradicted yourself. You said you don't care about changes if it doesnt affect performance. An oled does not affect performance in any way. 

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Hyper 4 means nothing. It just means they took a Hyper 3 and stuck it in a different housing.

But what really bugs me is how Dye has to try and come up with fancy names and graphics for "features" on all their guns. Like the gasthru frame, it has its own little logo that goes on all the posters like it's some unique thing that only Dye has. They even have a special logo for the fact that they have a quick release bolt. Like, thanks Dye, I'm so glad you're here to show us all these really cool features that need their own bullet points and logos in the presentation.

They even do this for their masks and soft goods and it is incredibly irritating. Good marketing though...

#9 PacosTacos88

PacosTacos88

hetero-flexible

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Honestly, what are you going to improve on the drivetrain?  It's amazing.  If you want less o-rings and better efficiency, buy an NT.  If you never want to break paint, buy a DM.

9571786023_b75503e9e4.jpg

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

Honestly, what are you going to improve on the drivetrain? 

A little more forward bias than it already has an an Eigenring stock.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 17 October 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Allegedly the 14 does have better efficiency (~10 pods) so that would certainly be an improvement there. Assuming the shot quality hasn't been changed for the worse of course.

#12 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Except all the other DMs can already get 10 pods.

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Except all the other DMs can already get 10 pods.

With the aforementioned Eigenring. In my experience stock DMs get ~8 pods from a 68.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 17 October 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#14 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

10 pods

10 pods

Both stock.

#15 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

2475793.jpg

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

10 pods

10 pods

Both stock.

Color me impressed.

FYI all of Chris Nodding's new efficiency tests are from a Ninja 77 I believe as thats what he uses. His latest Geo 3 efficiency test was with a 77 for sure.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 17 October 2013 - 09:29 PM.

#17 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Hurr durr, by shorter they didn't mean length, they meant height. And if you've ever held a DM, you know that they are rather tall.

Bad rant is bad.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#18 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:05 PM

10 pods

10 pods

Both stock.

Color me impressed.

FYI all of Chris Nodding's new efficiency tests are from a Ninja 77 I believe as thats what he uses. His latest Geo 3 efficiency test was with a 77 for sure.

So, given the starting 4100psi on the 77, that works out to about 9.7 pods on a full 68/45

#19 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:13 PM

i love how they gave that VCR a new look and called it blu-ray. Makes the DM12 which is absolutley fine much much cheaper.. To the point the 2013 PMR retail will cost more than a LNIB DM12.

Also i call bull shit on a stock dm14 getting 10+ pods.

#20 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

You contradicted yourself. You said you don't care about changes if it doesnt affect performance. An oled does not affect performance in any way.
True, but I still think if I'm paying 1500 for a goddamn paintball gun all luxuries should be included. Certain luxuries are not needed and should not be marketed as new features though.

#21 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:36 AM

I agree that Dye isn't lighting the world on fire with their pace of innovation. But in the context of what usually passes for a new DM, the DM14 is revolutionary. I'm surprised that they did both the macroless design and the toolless bolt in the same year. There have been quite a few model years where we didn't get anything more than cosmetics. (I suspect there was a meeting at some point where they considered putting an OLED board in the DM14 as well, and some mucky-muck shut it down, just so they'd have *something* new to announce in future models.)

#22 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

True, but I still think if I'm paying 1500 for a goddamn paintball gun all luxuries should be included. Certain luxuries are not needed and should not be marketed as new features though.

The LUXE doesn't have an OLED, why not rant about that? It's quite obvious that you have a blind hatred for Dye. LEDs are fine, quit your complaining.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#23 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

10 pods

10 pods

Both stock.

Color me impressed.

So, given the starting 4100psi on the 77, that works out to about 9.7 pods on a full 68/45
How often do people get full 4500psi cold fills though? Personally around here 4000 or 4100 is pretty much the max we get but I can imagine that's different everywhere.

#24 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

The LUXE doesn't have an OLED, why not rant about that? It's quite obvious that you have a blind hatred for Dye. LEDs are fine, quit your complaining.

The Luxe provides audio feedback, which is on the same level as a screen. You don't have to memorize light colors or patterns any more with a Luxe than you do with a gun that has an OLED/LCD. In fact, the Luxe is even a bit more versatile than an OLED, because you can download different language packs if you're not a native English speaker.

TL;DR: Luxe board ≠ LED board

Also, it is abundantly clear that you are a DM fanboy, why are you even bothering with this thread?

How often do people get full 4500psi cold fills though? Personally around here 4000 or 4100 is pretty much the max we get but I can imagine that's different everywhere.

So just because you don't see 4500 fills the results are invalid? The "standard" efficiency tests that have evolved in the industry are a full fill on a 68/45. That's usually where the numbers come from, so people can extrapolate what they would get based on their available tanks and fill. The fact that you only get 4000 fills is irrelevant to the outcome of the test.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 18 October 2013 - 11:47 AM.

#25 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:49 AM

The Luxe provides audio feedback, which is on the same level as a screen. You don't have to memorize light colors or patterns any more with a Luxe than you do with a gun that has an OLED/LCD. In fact, the Luxe is even a bit more versatile than an OLED, because you can download different language packs if you're not a native English speaker.

The only thing you have to memorize with the dye board is what color means what. It is rather simple, and if you can't remember, carry your manual with you.

Blue = ROF

Yellow = Firing mode

Green = Trigger sensitivity

Red = Dwell

The luxe provides audio, but I find it extremely annoying. I'd much rather have LEDs or an OLED than the talking board. OLEDs are cool, but it is not a huge upgrade. If you absolutely have to have an OLED, buy one from Virtue. I still think LEDs are fine.

#26 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

And now you're just making excuses.

#27 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,919 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Just because your definition of redesigned is different than their definition doesn't mean you need to complain. And OLED boards aren't necessary. How many times do you need to change settings when you're in the middle of the field and don't have access to your manual? I bet that answer is never. And if you're not on the field then you should have access to your manual, which means you can change your settings then. But realistically, how often do you change your settings? Back when I had my G3 I opened up the grips just once to change settings, and that was to set it on semi. After that I never changed settings ever again.

OLEDs just aren't worth the money.

#28 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Also, it is abundantly clear that you are a DM fanboy, why are you even bothering with this thread?

So just because you don't see 4500 fills the results are invalid? The "standard" efficiency tests that have evolved in the industry are a full fill on a 68/45. That's usually where the numbers come from, so people can extrapolate what they would get based on their available tanks and fill. The fact that you only get 4000 fills is irrelevant to the outcome of the test.
Irrelevant to what test? I said in my experience DMs get ~8 pods without an Eigenring or tophat mod.

I also highly doubt the people that have been able to test and comment on the DM14 so far have been refilling their tanks repeatedly to get a full 4500 cold fill.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 October 2013 - 12:24 PM.

#29 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:06 PM

Not really a DM fanboy, I just happen to like my DM. I will admit any day of the week that they aren't the best spoolies, but they are great markers.

And now you're just making excuses.

Okay.

Just because your definition of redesigned is different than their definition doesn't mean you need to complain. And OLED boards aren't necessary. How many times do you need to change settings when you're in the middle of the field and don't have access to your manual? I bet that answer is never. And if you're not on the field then you should have access to your manual, which means you can change your settings then. But realistically, how often do you change your settings? Back when I had my G3 I opened up the grips just once to change settings, and that was to set it on semi. After that I never changed settings ever again.

OLEDs just aren't worth the money.

I like this guy.

#30 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

I have yet to hear one good argument for a $1000+ marker not having an OLED or LCD board. "You don't need it," or "They can break," ARE excuses plain and simple.

#31 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Fedl free to come back with another comment because you always have to get the last word and pick apart the semantics of others' comments when they provide their input and experience on a subject though.

Personal attacks, gotta love it. Especially since my entire set of responses to you has been to provide data to correct an erroneous assumption (that 10 pods would be an improvement).

Here is the original quote that sparked my response:

Allegedly the 14 does have better efficiency (~10 pods) so that would certainly be an improvement there.

My reply was to show that the DM engine is already capable of getting 10 pods on the typical efficiency test. That doesn't mean you're wrong, or that every DM will get 10 pods, only that it is physically possible for the previous DMs to get 10 pods. You then corrected me on the parameters of the test which I incorrectly assumed to be on a 68/45, so I corrected the data for a "standard" efficiency test.

Your next quote is pretty much irrelevant to the results of the test:

It doesn't matter if you get 4500psi fills, or only 1000psi fills, previous DMs are going to be capable of getting ~10 pods on a 68/45 full fill. I have only been talking about the physical possibilities for the older DMs this entire time, and you just ended up trying to discredit the results of a test because you can't get ideal situations at your field.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 18 October 2013 - 12:13 PM.

#32 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

I have yet to hear one good argument for a $1000+ marker not having an OLED or LCD board. "You don't need it," or "They can break," ARE excuses plain and simple.

I haven't heard one good argument as to why any marker absolutely has to have an OLED board, and what job it does so phenomenally better that an LED Board can't possibly do the same job just as easily. Why? Because people who keep demanding OLED boards are too dang lazy to look at their manual and learn how to count a flashing light? That's not a reason, that's an excuse.

#33 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

No, it's not an excuse, it's a consumer demand. When you have to defend an inferior interface by telling people to suck it up and not be "lazy," that is just straight up making excuses.

#34 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

I haven't heard one good argument as to why any marker absolutely has to have an OLED board, and what job it does so phenomenally better that an LED Board can't possibly do the same job just as easily. Why? Because people who keep demanding OLED boards are too dang lazy to look at their manual and learn how to count a flashing light? That's not a reason, that's an excuse.
Because they're spending a lot of money perhaps? I don't think the people wanting an OLED are lazy but for the price I can understand their desire for it.

Andrew, I think I did take misconstrue your posts earlier. I haven't had any caffeine today so I apologize for my "pissyness". :( Thank you for the response and not responding as I did.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 18 October 2013 - 12:23 PM.

#35 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

Because they're spending a lot of money perhaps? I don't think the people wanting an OLED are lazy but for the price I can understand their desire for it.

OLED boards aren't super cheap though, and I'd rather an LED board with more money going into making the marker better, rather than an OLED board and less money going into making the marker better.

#36 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,113 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

Do you really think that not having an OLED is keeping the price of the DM14 "down?" OLEDs are cheap enough that if Dye wanted to incorporate them into the DM, they could have easily done so without adding any cost to the gun, especially since they already jacked up the price just because they made a PM8 macroless.

#37 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,919 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:40 PM

Do you really think that not having an OLED is keeping the price of the DM14 "down?" OLEDs are cheap enough that if Dye wanted to incorporate them into the DM, they could have easily done so without adding any cost to the gun, especially since they already jacked up the price just because they made a PM8 macroless.

Do I think it keeps the price of the marker down? No, I don't. But you don't just have to think of the cost of the board itself, you also have to think about either designing the grips or the frame to incorporate the screen, you have to find a source for the screens, you have to figure out how to redesign the board to incorporate the screen wherever you decide to place it. You have to find someone to program the new board. You have to figure out what settings people will want to change and what limits to place so that people don't break the gun when they mess with the settings. You have to test everything out, a lot, to make sure it will work perfectly out of the box. Because we all know people piss and moan like no other if they have to do something to a marker out of the box. All of that costs money, and a lot of it. People's time isn't cheap, and it's not just as simple as saying "Okay, we'll put this board here and it will work perfectly every time and it won't cause any issues, and it will never break, and it will always work."

It's not that simple. There is a lot more work that goes into it that people just take for granted and pretend it can happen instantly. And with all that work involved there is also a cost. Yes boards themselves might be cheap once you get everything else done. But getting everything else done takes time and money, and apparently Dye has decided they'd rather spend that time and money on other things that are more important.

Edited by TK-421, 18 October 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#38 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:55 PM

Since Dye talks about the "10 years of evolution" in their marketing and Virtue already has a way of fitting an OLED in the grips I would imagine they shouldn't have any logistical or design issues.

#39 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

I do not hate Dye at all, I like lots of their gear, I just think their marketing and pricing is way off.

#40 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

You're right..

Luxe Board < LED Board

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#41 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:52 PM

You're right..

Luxe Board < LED Board
The Luxe has a multi LED display though...?

#42 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 05:52 AM

Lets get a breakdown here;

• Tool-less bolt assembly
    • Bob, MacDev, Regency, Luxe, Machine, all have had these for a fucking while.
  • Macroless
    • I'm not going to go down the list here, late as FUCK to this party and all I can say is it's about damn time.
  • Eye-Pipe
    • Just stupid, this is simply a way for Dye to keep money coming. If they really wanted to revolutionise eyes, they would have made the pipes out of a lasting material instaed of cheap-ass plastic.
  • One barrel back?
    • So you are going to charge people ~$1600 and you can't even give them a few other sized barrel backs, this is just, wow.
  • No OLED
    • Yup, I brought it up and here's why. At $1600 a pop, I'd like something other than blinky lights, seriously. Blue = ROF, Yellow = Firing mode, Green = Trigger sensitivity, Red = Dwell... That's all I get? Are you fucking kidding me? How about debounce adjustment, finetuning the dwells to 0.1 increments, how about a practice mode. Maybe I get a little bolt stick, I'd like to adjust my FSDO so I can bump up the FPS a smidge on that first shot. How about bolt return and ball drop delays? Maybe I play multiple leagues and formats and would like to save my settings on the board so I can quickly change to a program where I can get the maximum efficiency and play on semi for woodsball of a scenario. While another setting would be for consistency when I play snake and have it set for PSP-3. All of this may seem trivial but when forking out $1600, I'd like to think I'd get a little more adjusta-fuckin-bility.

This is cold hard truth, you clowns will be paying $1600 for a redisigned Proto Matrix Luxe, one that has inferior electronics, less equipment, and a far less capable platform than markers provided by other companies at $300-$400 less.

You can try to justify the price to me, others in here and yourself... Just know that you are simply buying this marker because of those three little letters being on the marker, "D-Y-E."

AND with that being said, I am not a DYE hater by any stretch of the imagination. I love their soft goods, I have the C11s, I had the C7s and C8s before that. I also used their gloves for a while and rocked the i3Pros for quite some time. I've also used their Rotor for 3 years now and it is still going strong. I simply have a problem with their markers, always behind the curve and overpriced yet people flock to them for reasoning I have yet to understand.

Edited by AoSpades, 19 October 2013 - 06:09 AM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#43 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

A lot of foul language in there....sir calm down

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#44 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

If all you got out of my post was foul language then clearly you aren't getting the point, or ignoring it all together.

#45 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

spades hit it right on the head.

Its why dye can't hold value. Brand x marker from 2-3 years ago has the same features as a dm14. I mean if you really want to pull teeth a axe pro is still ahead of dye and they run for 1/2 the price retail.. Or you can grab a PDD with a boss bolt and that gun nearly in every way but 1 beats the dm14 and that one being the dm14 looks amazing.. But does that extra 550 justify for extra milling? Hell no

#46 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

spades hit it right on the head.

Its why dye can't hold value. Brand x marker from 2-3 years ago has the same features as a dm14. I mean if you really want to pull teeth a axe pro is still ahead of dye and they run for 1/2 the price retail.. Or you can grab a PDD with a boss bolt and that gun nearly in every way but 1 beats the dm14 and that one being the dm14 looks amazing.. But does that extra 550 justify for extra milling? Hell no

Yeah but it has that super slim frame with super comfy grips that are tool-less so its totally worth the price tag mang.

Edited by AoSpades, 19 October 2013 - 09:13 AM.

#47 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

haha. The only part that to trully matters that needs to be tool less is the bolt removal/internals everything else is not dire to rip out right away.

But if dye put in 3 barrel backs and chargee 1200-1300 then i could see strong potential.

#48 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

haha. The only part that to trully matters that needs to be tool less is the bolt removal/internals everything else is not dire to rip out right away.

But if dye put in 3 barrel backs and chargee 1200-1300 then i could see strong potential.

Not to mention at least having a battery pack that's rechargeable...

It's funny how people think we are bitching over nothing when in reality $1600 can get you a decent car for Christ's sake.

#49 Praetorian

Praetorian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

1600 can also buy you a semester at a community college.. I come from the medical field and getting something as small as a medical coding license(1 year certificate) you can make easy coin... Weekends off making 2000 a month and it takes little effort.

#50 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,838 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Y'all are bitching about nothing, and the $1600 price-point is the reason why said bitching is pointless.

$1600 is an insane amount to spend on a paintball gun for the very reasons listed before me (price of a car / college semester). So any amount of bitching about this gun is indeed pointless as it shouldn't be even considered in the first place unless you shit gold and piss diamonds.

/end "I'm cheap as fuck" rant

Edited by Antonious, 19 October 2013 - 12:00 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users