63 replies to this topic

#51 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:16 AM

So not one single Vapor has ever worked? Wow, and to think people bought them knowing that...

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#52 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,853 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:37 AM

So not one single Vapor has ever worked? Wow, and to think people bought them knowing that...

They would not have the reputation they do if they were reliable solid performing guns. There is a reason they have the reputation they do. You dont see, Bob or Eclipse offering to buy back failed products. Yes the end means is to sell guns which they obviously did but no other company has ever had to do a buyback program like this. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#53 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,970 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:26 AM

So you're basing your assumptions off a "reputation" from the internet? I've seen great rep guns be absolutely terrible, and bad rep guns be workhorses that have great quality. When you can post the actual numbers of issues vs the number of guns sold, then you'd have anything worth arguing over. But if you're just gonna keep using internet reputation and assumptions, there's no point in continuing.

And you know what's funny? If they never offered any sort of trade in in the first place there wouldn't even be this sort of response. But that's what you get for being nice I guess.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 05 December 2013 - 03:20 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#54 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:26 AM

They would not have the reputation they do if they were reliable solid performing guns. There is a reason they have the reputation they do. You dont see, Bob or Eclipse offering to buy back failed products. Yes the end means is to sell guns which they obviously did but no other company has ever had to do a buyback program like this. 

you're acting like machine is profiting off their trade in program hardcore. only the vapors in perfect working order will be given the 400 dollar credit. as for resale? more than likely they arent going to mark up any v3 vapor past 400 unless it has some custom/rare anno however even then i dont see the price jumping up more that 20 dollar or so. As for all the vapors that arent in perfect condition well guess what! they're going to get a lower trade in value and machine will have to repair them and tune them for resale. which again the resale is probably going to be 400 dollars as everyone is selling their vapor for that price or around there. machine isnt stupid enough to mark a used marker past what people can get off someone else. they aren't making bank off this trade in, they are simply taking all vapors that are traded in, if they work, they'll just tune them and make sure they have spare parts etc, repackage them and sell them used. If they dont work then they'll fix it before resale. they're breaking even and at most some very very slight profit and at the same time making sure all the old markers are at least in working order.

they are making v3s a more appealing option with the trade in and resale program. now instead of buying a vapor and being worried about it being broken or mistreated, etc etc. You can now buy a vapor that was teched and made sure that everything is alright and or any damaged part that would stop the marker from working is taken care of and replaced.

Edited by III Kezia III, 05 December 2013 - 06:30 AM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#55 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:42 AM

they also increased max trade value from $300 to $750, after complaints from customers, pretty solid if you ask me.

109.gif

#56 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

$400 is the max as far as I'm aware. Which would make the cost of the brand new Vapor $750, if you were to trade yours in for the new one. 

As far as vapors go. I loved mine, it's a shame that the v1's and v2's gave them such a horrible rep... aside them being a Spurlock company.

The V3 parts in mine seemed to be pretty flawless, I never had a single issue in the 4 months I used it. Played 3 tourneys with it and practiced every weekend. It Was a solid shooter. Just cleaned and re-lubed it before every day of play and it returned the favor. 

I think the trade in program is great, at least they're trying to get around the bad rep... which is unusual for Spurlock company lol.

.They shouldn't have rushed the production of the first vapor. If they sold them from the start with v3 internals and had good settings pre-installed the Vapor would have been great out of the box. I had to play around with the settings in mine for awhile, but afterwards it was golden. 

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#57 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,115 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:41 AM

580840_10201060100529916_66013936_n_zpsb

1466129_10201060100849924_803116825_n_zp

1479037_10201060100689920_994041856_n_zp

ITS QUIET AS CAN BE!!!

*pics thanks to Brian Frances

nice anno match  .... not

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#58 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:46 AM

Vanguard has a trade in program for the Creed. Does this mean that Creeds do not work? No. ALso, DLX had a trade in program that gave you 500 dollars off of a Luxe when you sent in your 09 Impulse. Does that mean that the Impulse didn't work? No.

In addition, neither of those two companies never went on to refurbish and resell those markers, at least Vanguard hasn't yet, their trade in program is relatively new. They could just be gathering parts to continue to service the older markers, and pushing the sales of their newer model. There is nothing wrong with doing either of those things. And if they can refurbish them and make them work, and sell them to make even more profit, why the fuck not? 

And I personally blame a good amount of their bad reputation on Spurlock, because I have no personal experience with a Vapor to comment otherwise.

#59 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:58 PM

$400 is the max as far as I'm aware. Which would make the cost of the brand new Vapor $750, if you were to trade yours in for the new one. 

As far as vapors go. I loved mine, it's a shame that the v1's and v2's gave them such a horrible rep... aside them being a Spurlock company.

The V3 parts in mine seemed to be pretty flawless, I never had a single issue in the 4 months I used it. Played 3 tourneys with it and practiced every weekend. It Was a solid shooter. Just cleaned and re-lubed it before every day of play and it returned the favor. 

I think the trade in program is great, at least they're trying to get around the bad rep... which is unusual for Spurlock company lol.

.They shouldn't have rushed the production of the first vapor. If they sold them from the start with v3 internals and had good settings pre-installed the Vapor would have been great out of the box. I had to play around with the settings in mine for awhile, but afterwards it was golden. 

my mistake, I read it differently, "$400 max trade value giving you the price of $750 for the new 2014 vapor"

109.gif

#60 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 02:03 AM

Not digging the trigger or the grip frame. I want to shoot one without buying one, might be kind of hard to find someone willing to cough up 1150 for it.

#61 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:43 AM

Am I the only one who is thinking "Holy Crap! A new marker company made it to their second release of their marker! That's incredible!"?

I mean, Zodiac released their Renegade, then dropped off the face of the earth (kinda)

No one new has really come along and released more than one marker and had staying power, yet Machine managed to make it to a second release. That alone is pretty fantastic.

Am I a fan of the marker? No. So what? Doesn't mean others don't like it.

Posted Image

#62 Smoothieblit

Smoothieblit

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 01:07 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=gr65jih9E7o

e bay Feedback here
Currently at 187 feedback on eBay, all are positive!

#63 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:30 AM

Couple notes I wanna make about this video...

- The trigger geometry looks very poor, id much rather have it more on plane

- LED with chirp so no more OLED ... damn

- Lube should last 20 cases? How the hell did they go from lubing every 1,000 shots to every 40,000?

- On a positive note, I do like the ergonomics (at a first glance) and the anno looks decent

I would like to know who buys one on the forums, maybe show us some playing videos with it!

#64 1MPUR1TY

1MPUR1TY

GUN TECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:12 AM

I hate thread necro, but I thought at least one person out there might want to see the innards; 

There are also a couple of shooting videos out there that I can repost if you guys want.

As for vapors in general, I've yet to find one that wasn't damaged due to user error (like pinched eye wires, over pressurization, wrong oring sizes, etc.) so I find all marker-bashing to be senseless, mostly baseless rumors that happened to "a friend of a friend..." 
I'm one of those people who doesn't really care who made a marker platform, or who said what about it. If any marker performs, it receives my praise. If it fails, it receives my wrath. 

**edit**

As for the lube, it's rumored to be some sort of a silicone base, and it contains teflon. No idea on long-term usage, but it doesn't feel as slick as monkey-poo or gunsav. Think old-dye-hairgel-lube for consistency.

The other thing I've heard is that the first batch of 2014s was made with two different types of aluminum, hence why the anno seems off. I've been told 2nd batch onwards are all made using the same aluminium so it should be a non-issue in the future.

Trigger geometry is reminiscent of the shocker SFT. I personally like the flat trigger design of the 2012 more for semi-auto play, but that's just me. 

Frame has the same ego9/10 mount points so you can swap out for an OLED board at your leisure; the back panel should come off and you can put the old 2012 panel back in to see the OLED screen. 

Edited by 1MPUR1TY, 16 February 2014 - 02:21 AM.

RIT Tigers #14

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users