Photo

M1 Garand or K98?

You choose.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: M1 Garand or K98? (8 member(s) have cast votes)

Which should I make from the middle stock below

1. M1 Garand (3 votes [37.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.50%

2. K98 (4 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

3. Other (1 votes [12.50%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.50%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Hi there,

I have a stock below I want to convert into a paintball marker.  I want to poll what I should do given the materials I have to work with.  I want something that will eventually sell, so popular opinion is what will win the decision. 

I have a semi auto mech vibe (enmey) that I am inserting into the center stock below (VZ 24 used in ww2 by germans, stock was shot by enemy and then was decommissioned for drill purposes)

2013-10-18003654.jpg

Option 1: Cut off bayonet lug, turn it into a garand inspired build:

5488d1380204492-m1-garand-rifle-m1rifle.

Option 2: 

Although its an incorrect action (semi instead of bolt) turn it into a K98 for looks alone. I will most likely replace the handguard with a k98 ish one and keep the mauser sight shown. 

PS. The top stock I will be converting to a K98 pb marker as per my other bolt action sniper build (see sig).  The bottom will be used to restore a real firearm. The top and middle stocks being drill purpose makes them unable to be safely used for putting on firearms (due to damage/tolerances etc), so it is ethical to use these for pb purposes. 

Edited by Danny D, 18 October 2013 - 06:53 PM.

#2 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

As much as I would hate to see a 98 all frankensteined into a paintball marker, I've had the thought of putting an eNMEy into a K98 myself. Go for it.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#3 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

As much as I would hate to see a 98 all frankensteined into a paintball marker, I've had the thought of putting an eNMEy into a K98 myself. Go for it.

No k98 parts here.  Too expensive to use for a PB marker.  They run $300 here in Canada. This stock is a VZ24.  The K98's older brother.  And this one WAS used in the war, then decommissioned to drill training use since it was shot in the stock. (considered unsafe to fire with a compromised stock)

Thanks for the vote!

Edited by Danny D, 18 October 2013 - 07:08 PM.

#4 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

I say M1 since I think they look better, plus it'll be semi auto so if you're going for realistic it will be. Bonus positive, it will be easier to sell because COD kiddies.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users