• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Great news. Getting my first gun. A 98 custom. I plan on making it the most retarded mil sim marker ever just for shits and gigs. But one problem it fires about 5 times and then I have to recock it? What's the deal?

#2 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:51 PM

Edit. I'm a sponsored player lol this makes me sound like a newb. I'm only getting this to dress as a first timer and re live the glory days.

#3 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,855 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Your sponsored but dont know how to fix a blowback? 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#4 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

To be honest Ive never had to fix one.... my Axe never breaks lol

#5 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

wat

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,338 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:23 PM

Put a few drops of marker oil on the hammer, rear bolt, charging handle, whatever you want to call it.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

...Getting ...A 98 custom... But one problem it fires about 5 times and then I have to recock it? What's the deal?

Edit. I'm a sponsored player lol this makes me sound like a newb.

yes

Your sponsored but dont know how to fix a blowback? 

my thoughts exactly

To be honest Ive never had to fix one.... my Axe never breaks lol

kiddingme.jpg

First off, the Axe is NOT a blowback.  Now, as to the Tippmann question, take the clamshell apart. Now wipe clean and then oil the internals. It will now run for a long time again without needing any care.

#8 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

Okay I'll try that I was sure it would be an easy fix.

#9 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

I didn't say the Axe was a blowback? I was just saying I dont really service low end markers. I have a trilogy pump and an Axe. Both I have never had to service other then basic maintenance. I play for a sponsored scenario team in ocala Florida. Called unwanted. Our home field is Wayne's world. To those of you who are feeling skeptical. Thanks for taking all the fun out of this post. I didn't mean to offend you by not being able to work on a 98 custom.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

It's all good. I have been here for 2 years and I don't know shit about fixing a 98. All I would do is find the nearest pond or mud puddle and let it soak for a few days.

#11 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

Thank you! Lol not everyone's a pro! Ahaha its just a bs project.

#12 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:38 AM

OP This is common if the casing screws are loose.   Make sure they're snug.

#13 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Where are the casing screws?

#14 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Couple other things to check.

Is it a used older gun? If so it is possible that the sear could be worn and is not catching the hammer reliably anymore.

Also on the Right side (or passenger side if you will) of the older models were two screws about mid body. They held the valve in place. If those screws came loose it could cause many issues from velocity issues to un-cocking issues.

Short of that pay attention to your orings (particularly your Hammer Oring, the one on big metal piece were cocking handle is located) and make sure the power tube/valve housing is not cracked (were the hammer goes in and strikes the valve).

And lastly and probly simplest. Be sure your using a high output HPA tank or Co2. As blowback Tippmanns require 800+psi to reliably shoot without the low preasure kits.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Been many years since I had a 98c. And there are slight differences between the 98s and my Carbine.

Edited by TinyBear, 22 October 2013 - 09:02 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#15 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

Well its a brand new 98 practically. But I'm still. going to do everything you guys suggested. Its the new style with the rails. I've got to get it up and running well. I really want a gun to play woods ball against the renters with.

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Well its a brand new 98 practically. But I'm still. going to do everything you guys suggested. Its the new style with the rails. I've got to get it up and running well. I really want a gun to play woods ball against the renters with.

Well you should have gotten an enmey then...
Return that and get an enmey. Or better get a phantom.

I would have said get a cocker, but since you can't even get a 98 running that would be ill advised

Edited by get.lit.up!, 23 October 2013 - 08:43 PM.

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#17 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

I got a 98 since it was my first gun and I only went playing with it a few times. And I've owned several autocockers. Electros and pumps. I never had a problem working on those. This will be the last question I ever ask on techpb. I will only be on the bst from now on. Thank youbfolks who actually answered my question.

#18 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:58 PM

It's the internet. Opinions everywhere.

#19 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Remember guys, anyone that has a deal with the local field tends to tell everyone how sponsored they are.

Second, pop it(the 98) open, wipe it, and oil it. if that doesnt work do a spring swap.

Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#20 Lebby

Lebby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

TBH a lot of sponsered players don't fix their guns they just play with them and give them to the techs or company when they malfunction 

#21 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

First of all, anyone can get a sponsorship, it isn't difficult. 99.9% of the time all you have to do is contact a company, answer a few questions and BOOM you get a TERRIBLE sponsorship package. Lol. Also, while in Bitburg during European Masters Houston Heat was teching their own markers inbetween matches. Pro players know their markers, trust me. To the OP, split the clam shell, take it apart and re-oil. Make sure everything is put back correctly and make sure when you put the clam shell back together all screws are tight (dont overly tighten tho'). Good luck with your 98C adventure. BTW, if you posted the sponsorship thing on PBN you would have recieved an even more unwelcoming response. Just sayin'

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users