• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 TyzzzzZZZZZ

TyzzzzZZZZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:41 PM

Hey everyone, I picked up a BFG Inspire off of a guy on kijiji, He seemed like a really nice guy and trust worthy, I was not able to fire the gun when i bought it as of where we had to meet. He assured me the gun was fine aside from the ever common BFG air leak. When i finally got it home to fire it it chopped pretty much every ball i put through it. It probably chopped 50 out of 60 balls, nothing I tried seemed to make a difference :(.  The gun has Tippmann ball detents put into it with a small modification, but they seem to be working as they should be, If any one has any suggestion please let me know! Thankyou.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:47 PM

Have you tried shooting one ball at a time without a loader on the gun and hand feeding them in? Also, was it a legit chop that got the breech dirty, or were they breaks further down in the barrel leaving the breech clean?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 21 October 2013 - 09:47 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 TyzzzzZZZZZ

TyzzzzZZZZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

I did try hand feeding and they still chopped regardless, and it's a legit chop, balls seems to explode almost on contact with the bolt.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Hmm... how's the bolt face look? Anything seem out of the ordinary? Also, what paint were you trying it with?

#5 TyzzzzZZZZZ

TyzzzzZZZZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

The paint we were using was Inka Bio-Ball. It was from a local paintball field. No one else had any problem with it and my Spyder Hammer 7 also shot it just fine. It was just the BFG that was chopping. As for the bolt, it seems to be fine, I can't really see anything out of the ordinary with it. I know, nothing i'm saying is helping identify a problem for you, sorry lol

#6 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:49 PM

Are the modded Tippmann detents on the sides of the breech like normal detents? Also, when you shoot, does the bolt seem like it's cycling really really fast for a paintball gun, or does it seem to cycle with a "normal" speed?

#7 TyzzzzZZZZZ

TyzzzzZZZZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

The Tippmann detents are pretty much identical to the BFG ones BUT I just noticed something, it appears that one of the detents is missing. There is supposed to be one sticking out on either side of the breech and there appears to be only one, maybe its causing the ball to not sit correctly? and as for the bolt cycle, it seemed to be the speed I would expect it too be but in the morning I will test fire it and re confirm that.

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Paintball guns start doing weird things when parts are missing, lol. It could be that only having one detent on the side is causing the paintball to not sit fully in the breech, and it's clipping the top of the breech wall as it is pushed forward, I dunno.

#9 TyzzzzZZZZZ

TyzzzzZZZZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

Update***

So today I had a friend strip the gun down and we looked for anything that might be off, and we noticed that tip of the detent was kinda of torn off, we assumed from wear. We decided to replace the detent anyways, we put a brand new fresh one in and reassembled it and went up for a test fire, first ball fired ok and the other chopped, we couldnt test anymore due to a blow out of the ASA o-ring. I looked into the breech and the new detent was now missing the tip just like the other. So the hammer must be sheering off the top of it. any ideas why?

Please note that as I said before, it has been modified to take a Tippmann detent, but was at one time firing fine with it.

Edited by TyzzzzZZZZZ, 22 October 2013 - 07:38 PM.

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,066 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

Are you able to test it with both sides holding a detent?

#11 TyzzzzZZZZZ

TyzzzzZZZZZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

I seem to have a new problem now. You know the initial blast of air when you hook the tank up? well like 3-4 seconds after it fires you hear that whoosh of air again but you cannot fire again until that noise happens, or the balls just roll out of the barrel. This gun is becoming a real hassle, i may have got used gun duped.

Any ideas on that problem?

#12 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

when you stripped the gun down did you do a full bolt and regulator overhaul? 

#13 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

Issue #1:

It's an inspire

The BFG is honestly one of the most finicky guns I've ever dealt with in my life.

They leak, chop, break down, shoot hot, shoot cold, blow seals and get messed up with out any notice.

I don't think you got "used gun duped", they are all like that (that I have seen).

#14 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

Issue #1:

It's an inspire

The BFG is honestly one of the most finicky guns I've ever dealt with in my life.

They leak, chop, break down, shoot hot, shoot cold, blow seals and get messed up with out any notice.

I don't think you got "used gun duped", they are all like that (that I have seen).

they're fine as long as you take care of them
i.e. full tear down and rebuild often, heavy lube, and fixing the eyes as most seem to faulty
ive never had mine shoot hot or low, or blow seals

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BFG, inspire, chopping, break, electric, tippmann, spyder, help, air leak, barrel

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users