• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 drummie224

drummie224

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,451 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

When playing woodsball or in a scenario game setting, I'm curious about your choice of pants. Would you rather wear pants that are made for paintball but are say, black and red, and perhaps more visible, or would you rather wear a pair of pants with a camouflage pattern that aren't necessarily for paintball and thus have less padding or pockets or whatnot? Camouflage pants with the addition of knee pads might be the answer too, but I'm curious to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,778 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

I'd wear bright white pants in the woods if they wouldn't get horribly stained with mud. Paintball games move too quickly for camouflage to be effective, and people already know where you are, so trying to hide isn't all that effective. You should be playing balls to the wall and getting up in their face you're so close to them. Not trying to pussy foot around. The only time camouflage would be effective would be during big scenarios, where you can sit in one spot for an hour or more. But even then I'd still play in bright white paintball pants. You don't need to be wearing camouflage to blend in. I used to wear black and white PE gear, before my dryer ate it, since I accidentally put it on the heavy duty cycle instead of gentle. And I'd still be using them if I had them. People still had issues finding me.

I'd buy paintball specific pants because they're padded in the proper places and they have the panel on the back to help secure your pod pack.

#3 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

I wear regular hunting camo (realtree), and have actually had a player step on me when playing... So yeah, camo works if your field isn't a quasi speedball field, but actual woods...

I also wear a cup everytime I play as I am often VERY close to my opponents when the action starts... I wear knee pads, (two pairs, one pair of neoprene under my pants, and a second thick padded pair on top). And I wear high top boots to protect my ankles that are waterproof, so I can go through creeks without getting my feet wet. 

I love it when other players wear red. I can see them from much further away than if they are wearing camo. And white, snicker, that would really stand out in the woods. 

It is funny, but players who wear jeans stick out really bad in the woods too. Just think about it, who do you see first when playing... That is what others see too! One of the most obvious things is movement, but you can move easily and not be seen by keeping trees/bushes between you and your opponent, and wearing bright colors when sneaking tree to tree, WILL get you shot faster than wearing camo. 

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,296 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:23 AM

There are tons of camo pattern paintball pants. Honestly I'd use either as long as I had knee pads.

#5 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

I went the best of both worlds, got myself a lovely pair of 2013 BT ETACS pants. Built for paintball, with camo based off of the ATACS pattern the Army just adopted. Super comfy and suprisingly cheap for a new pair of pants. They have held up against any and everything I have thrown at them! 

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#6 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

When I play in the woods I generally wear Vietnam style tigerstripe. I just picked up the 2011 BT pro series (From the ans sale for dirt cheap) in terrapat and it really fits in the area I live in, plus its got some crotch protection so that's good. They are really comfy and I am really impressed with them.

Edited by bowmasta, 22 October 2013 - 12:20 PM.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#7 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,046 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

it depends on your playing style if cammo matters or not. if you play the sneaksy sneaksy, then it will be very important, if you dont, it wont be.

i wear black/olive paintball pants. they work all the time.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#8 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:36 PM

I wear the old '03 jt pants, mostly black and grey, and an old olive proto jersey.

Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#9 The-Sniper

The-Sniper

Ohio Woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 10:25 PM

Camouflage most definitely does not make you invisible, but to say it is ineffective or unimportant is equally incorrect. As TK mentioned, ideally you should be moving up and being active in paintball no matter what setting you are in because that is how you have the most fun :) Still, wearing white, or another bright color can be detrimental to you, even if it may not seem it. Lets say someone has an angle at you and glances in your direction. If you are wearing white, or another bright color, it WILL draw there attention more than if it were darker or a camouflage printed material. Today we were all playing in sweat pants and t-shirts/hoodies which were dark in color but nothing fancy. 

Remember, stealth is not what you wear, it is how you move and how you use your cover. You can move up on someone without them having a clue it happened while wearing a flamingo suit if you know what you are doing.

QUOTE (U83R 1337 @ Jun 18 2009, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats IF you can get past the borders, and once you do I'll send the polar bears and beavers to attack you.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users