5 replies to this topic

#1 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Just finished playing this game, and I have to say, it was an amazing movie. The emotions and the nature of the characters were displayed through the talent of real actors, and the character driven plot had me hungry to watch more. Ellen Page is freaking amazing in this game. The story wasn't in chronological order, but the order of the story made sense regardless, because it captured so many elements of Ellen Page's character, and defined what made her her throughout the game. Any other thoughts on this amazing game?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

It's fun to watch, and has an ok story, but I wouldn't call it a game. More like a series of QTEs and dialog choosing events.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

Well it was more of an interactive movie more than anything. The biggest thing to me is the character driven plot

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,000 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:03 PM

http://www.escapistm...eyond-Two-Souls

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

I do not believe anyone could actually like this, David Cage is the worst writer of all time and to say any game he was involved in had a character driven plot is near insulting. If you haven't, play Indigo Prophecy/Farhenheit. It's a good game idea utterly ruined by the shittiest writing you'll ever see, quite how this lunatic was given the opportunity to write two more games after that I have no idea. It's the same as heavy rain, none of your choices even matter in the slightest and the characters are not even close to emotive, they are character driven games with loaves of bread for characters, instead of it being an interesting story its just one drawn out QTE. Haven't gone through Beyond Two Souls, but from the gameplay sequences and having seen plot spoilers I have to say its certainly up to David Cage standards. If you want a game with a good story the Walking Dead shits on anything Quantic Dream will ever make.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:34 PM

I really can't understand why narrative "games" with little to no gameplay are held in high regard. Most of these games are just boring point and click's but every wannabe game reviewer says " It's about the story ". Often, the games don't even have stories that are actually good.  Old point and click narrative games were good because they had puzzles and a story lines that kept you interested. All narrative games now simply take you down a corridor. It's actually really stupid that people circle-jerk over these "games"  which basically hold your hand through the parts which are meant to be hard and ask you to click 1 button to change the outcome of the story. Basically , as a game in terms of story and gameplay , new "good" narrative games are basically boring COD. As movies in terms of story and quality , they are equal to M. Night Shyamalan's movies after Signs.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users