• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Shonz-On

Shonz-On

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

I heard years back, that field filled air had a smell. Does most fill stations now have cleaners equipped or does it literally pump air?

If it doesn't, wouldn't that cause grim build up on internals? Would that also mean humidity and dust to collect into the HPA tank?

If it doesn't, wouldn't air fills from "scuba" be best since it is filtered to a micron?

I searched google but only found junk on Co2 being dirty, which I hope the stuff in my kegerator is not..

Edited by Shonz-On, 24 October 2013 - 07:59 PM.

#2 TippmannPlayer97

TippmannPlayer97

R.I.P Mitch Lucker 10, 20, 1984 11, 1, 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

It does, over time, cause grime to build up. However, you are supposed to maintain regulators to keep the grime from messing with your marker. It isnt something to really worry about.

I like loud, kicky poppets. I am the last of my people.

#3 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

I searched google but only found junk on Co2 being dirty, which I hope the stuff in my kegerator is not..

Your kegger should be fine, but keggers do use co2 :-)

A smell in the air is not going to make your tank or gun regulator malfunction. I do not and have not ever set up a 3k/4.5k system, but they do have some filters and any properly set up system will remove the excess humidity from the compressed air.

Dust usually gets into your tank via your fill nipple being uncovered during play and subsequently filling and putting it into your bottle.

If you have any issue, simply disassemble and clean/lube your regulator(s). This is something that you should do periodically anyways (wait until 10 cases minimum, although you can wait much longer than this unless there is an issue).

Edited by Sydarm, 24 October 2013 - 08:54 PM.

#4 Shonz-On

Shonz-On

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:11 PM

Even though it's not a good idea to do so, I decided to start investing into paintball equipment even though I still yet to own a marker since 2009.. Found my old pod pouch, pods, and mask, although old, and dusty.. and disintergrating.. tossed them. But it brought memories and I need a hobby since I am single again. Paintball.. Yeah I'll do that again! Just need to find some other "loners" since not a thing field or shop wise in the county.. anymore :(

I work as a diver, a "Barnacle Scrubber", if you wish. We fill our own air tanks with an ol' Mako, from the 60's era. It's well maintained, fills to 3.5k psi.

I ended up ordering a scuba fill station from ebay, for about 20$. 20$ and free air for life. Doesn't sound to bad. Trying to find an old school Y valve to mount on a tank. Compressor>Tank(Bank)>HPA.

Just wondering though, I remember hearing about dirty air years ago..

..rant, lol

#5 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

Just maintain your regulator and youll be golden. The only thing ive seen an issue with is wet fills right after the first compresser run of the day, usually its fine but i have witnessed guns fill up with water twice in about 14 years. If your super worried add a filter to your setup or use a reg with a filter.
Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

#6 Shonz-On

Shonz-On

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

Thanks for the input guys. So regular maintainence is key, as it should be. And maybe if doing field fills, don't try to be first in line kinda deal if the air supplier (pump) is sketchy. I think I'll deal with free scuba air @ 3000 psi till I hit fields where I can get 4.5k fills.

I'm still unnerved about the co2.. I use the bar line cleaner pack as recommended, but I realised I do not have an inline co2 filter.. eww

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dirty, Air, HPA, Micron

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users