5 replies to this topic

#1 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Alright so I'm in a predicament currently. My mask is beat to shit and my gun is leaking horribly. I have enough money to fix one of these problems.

My Vic has been leaking since I got it. But it has been a very minuscule leak, to the point where it still runs fine during games. But since my last game it had begun to leak horribly. And I need spare parts for it to work again.

My mask is the Proflex. The foam is beat to all hell, the lens are not safe anymore, and it doesn't fit me correctly. My only option is to buy another mask.

So which problem should I fix first? My gun or my mask?

Edited by SynystrAssassin, 25 October 2013 - 02:42 PM.

#2 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

Well You cant play without a mask. I would say mask because A perfect victory while you are blind or using a rental mask ( disgusting) is worse than For example Dye I4's ( my personal favorite mask) With a leaking marker or using a rental marker if it comes to it. 

#3 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Without a doubt, the mask. You only get one pair of eyes and could probably get some cheap used parts for the Vice a bit down the road.

#4 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

O-rings for your victory are cheap as hell...and even with that being the case...fix your mask situation first.

#5 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

It's not just replacing an oring. It's "The old owner doesn't know how to take care of shit and sends me only a bottle of triflow" type of thing, so I need to completely take apart my gun, replace any sketchy oring, buy some expensive ass dow55, and buy a pressure tester to prevent over pressurizing my LPR.

#6 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

Read your manual and screw the LPR adjustment all the way in or out (whichever lowers the pressure to 0 or thereabouts) and adjust by slowly increasing it. Of course, Bob Longs are tuned most perfectly with a tester. Many people get by fine without one though.

"and buy a pressure tester to prevent over pressurizing my LPR." The tester is to make your gun run at the optimal pressures. The concern about high pressure is not in damaging your LPR/HPR regulators, but your solenoid.

O-rings are cheap. Don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise. Mcmaster.com you can order them for like $2 per 100. Your manual does list all o-ring sizes.

As for dow55, you can also use dow33 or one of various other paintball equivalents. I wouldn't call this expensive, as you need lube for each and every kind of gun's regulator and more in many circumstances.

Even if you got something other than this Victory, you would still have needed a few extra o-rings and lube.

I think this is your manual:

http://manuals.boblo...Manual v2.0.pdf

Edited by Sydarm, 25 October 2013 - 08:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users