• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 C.Klapper

C.Klapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I was looking online for some paint (the nearest pro shop is an hour away) and there were so many to choose from that I really had no idea what to do. I shoot a 2011 proto pmr with an invert halo too, I mostly play speed ball but I sometimes mix it up with woods ball. I think the highest I can go on paint is 45. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Just start trying out a bunch of different paints that your proshop stocks, if you want to get there. Chances are they'll stock something decent as paint tends to vary from place to place.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 Lebby

Lebby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

Its hard to say you can get the same paint from two different sites or even the same site days apart and they can shoot completely different.

#4 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:40 PM

For 45 just spend the fifty and get formula 13 or graffiti

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Wait and your field is not FPO?
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#6 C.Klapper

C.Klapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

Wait and your field is not FPO?

nope

#7 C.Klapper

C.Klapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:02 PM

how are these? diablo heat, GI sports 1 star, JT inertia

#8 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:12 AM

how are these? diablo heat, GI sports 1 star, JT inertia

Heat can be pretty good at best depending on the case you get. Inertia is garbage and I have no expierience with 1 star

#9 SnapShooter4

SnapShooter4

Not actually that good at snapshooting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

We are starting to use 1 star as my field paint. Its okay, but don't expect great things from it. They fly straight enough. I haven't had any dimples with it yet. It just bounces more than I think it should. Then again I have only used 1 case of it. I normally play with Allstar

#10 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

From my experience, GI 1 star is pretty terrible. If it is really fresh it can fly well enough, but it dimples in no time at all, and is a harder shell with a lot of bounces.

Heat is also a pretty basic paintball. It will work, but you're not going to love it. If you use it as your main paint so you can play more days then that is fine, but I really suggest treating yourself to some higher quality paint now and then, and you will learn to appreciate the difference.

I don't know JT Inertia.

Graffiti and Evil are my 2 favourites, with Graffiti being a little firmer shell which works nicely if your gun is a little harder on paint.

#11 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

Stay away from 1 star its horrible.

Avoid Inertia like its the plague. That stuff is disgusting. Every other ball is an oval and they have a thick coating of oil on them. Its horrid.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#12 SnapShooter4

SnapShooter4

Not actually that good at snapshooting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:37 PM

After  some more experience with 1 star, I'd say only go with it if you are cheap,I spend the extra $10-$20 for Allstar. They are consistent and break enough for me. If I'm short on cash, then 1 star will do just fine I guess  :P

#13 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

It's hard to recommend paint if we don't know what they are sold for out in your neck of the woods.

Evil is $50 a case but I always talk them down to $45. Same price for RPS premium. Both fantastic paint. Excellent breaks and bright thick fill. Damn near seamless. Ball on ball accuracy.

Valken crusade is $40 out here. Good paint, nice seams. Fill could be brighter and doesn't handle heat well.

Evil is worth the extra money in my opinion- that is if you can get the price down. I can hit people and get breaks across the field even with lobbed shots. I want my paint to break and I want to see it break. It is very consistent even with change in weather. When everyone else is getting bounces mine are breaking. It's worth the extra $5-10.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#14 C.Klapper

C.Klapper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:06 PM

It's hard to recommend paint if we don't know what they are sold for out in your neck of the woods.

Evil is $50 a case but I always talk them down to $45. Same price for RPS premium. Both fantastic paint. Excellent breaks and bright thick fill. Damn near seamless. Ball on ball accuracy.

ya evil is 70 "in my neck of the woods"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users