• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron.X5

Aaron.X5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:26 AM

Ok so I'm in the market for a new gun and thinking about these two. Not really feeling used guns as I have had bad experiences with them. So since the etha is $350 right now is the etek 4 $150 better than the etha. Or should I grab the etha and use the difference for paint and field fees?

#2 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:54 AM

For my taste, I'd get the Etha and apply your savings towards other expenses.

If you lean towards an Etek for less composite, it would be $250 more then for the AM. The Etek is going to give you similar performance capabilities, albeit in a poppet platform compared to the unique Etha quasi-spool valve. The Etek will allow for more shots per air tank fill, if that is something that matters to you. Other reasons relate to aesthetics and how it feels in your hands when you shoot it--mostly personal preference. Both markers come with great packaging, spare parts, and PE's superior support.

#3 Aaron.X5

Aaron.X5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:19 AM

Thanks for the quick reply. That's kind of what I was thinking. My field offers unlimited air as do most and I don't shoot more than maybe a hopper plus a pod or two per two games. I have dry fired the etha at my local paintball shop haven't shot the etek 4 tho. I'm not looking for tournament play so I figured the etha was a good choice. Just see a lot of hate towards the etha

#4 Blowback

Blowback

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:13 AM

If you are not used to higher end guns the Etha will do fine and you wont be botherd by its shoot quality. Its a decent marker that just works. Try to borrow one or shoot one and see if you like it . If you do like it no need to look anywere else ... 

#5 Aaron.X5

Aaron.X5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:37 AM

Ill see if I can't find someone at my field with one. Ya I don't think the vibration will bother me I shoot clay on occasion. One thing I was kinda concerned about was the durability. I saw a youtube video of an abuse test but its youtube lol.

#6 Blowback

Blowback

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:54 AM

It should be durable most PE guns are . I dont know anyone who had serious issues with the Etha yet and if you had the Customer service is exellent. It does have a closed bolt system unlike the ETEK so its harder to get dirt into the gun as well...

#7 Aaron.X5

Aaron.X5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:26 AM

Good to know thanks for the help :)

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

The Drone DX excels over both these markers IMO and iz $430. You should check it out and at least consider it as an option. Either way I would suggest avoiding the Etha.

The Drone DX uses a bolt system very similar to that of the Geo series and shoots about as good as a Geo 3.

#9 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

I agree with playdoh, the drone dx is one of the best if not the best option in that price range, for me it beats the axe for ergos
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#10 Aaron.X5

Aaron.X5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

The drone is apealing. Ill check it out more when I get home. How is the durability on those I've never shot a one of their guns.

#11 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Ill see if I can't find someone at my field with one. Ya I don't think the vibration will bother me I shoot clay on occasion. One thing I was kinda concerned about was the durability. I saw a youtube video of an abuse test but its youtube lol.

If your going to be playing tournaments you'll probably be shooting paints like evil... Paints the Etha can't shoot. I have an Etha as a loaner/ backup. The shot quality will never be great but the vibration goes down when your actually shooting a paintball. The trigger is okay on the Etha. But the best thing you could do is buy a used axe or 2012 Proto rail. They both smoke the etek. I prefer the axe because it's almost as quiet and smooth when tuned right and the trigger is way better if that matters to you. The ironman rAceway that comes stock on it is okay but the axes is much better. I don't know about the drone however because I've never shot one

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

The drone is apealing. Ill check it out more when I get home. How is the durability on those I've never shot a one of their guns.

The bolt system on the Drone is actually much simpler with fewer orings than the Etha.

#13 Aaron.X5

Aaron.X5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Ill have to see if my local shop can get a drone in for me to check out. Tryin to buy my gear from them cant have them closing shop on me lol. As for the axe i held one at the store and i personalty didnt like how it felt in the hands it is smoother than the etha for sure.

#14 Key

Key

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Both are solid guns( etek a little more the than etha) but if you get more play time with the etha I would go for it because playing paintball is what this is all about.

Looking for a Good Field in the Albany Area?

Their Website: http://albanyscenarioclub.com

Their Facebook: https://www.facebook...anyScenarioClub

#15 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:37 PM

its as durable as any other marker. maintenance on the bolt system is simple as shit since its a dump valve marker. 

Lulzjustacat.png

#16 Aaron.X5

Aaron.X5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thanks for all the input everyone. It was a big help gunna try to shoot the drone soon and ill make my decision from there.

#17 Aaron.X5

Aaron.X5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:22 AM

Ok so I figured I'd just add on to this one instead of making a new thread. So I want to like the axe but it feels strange in my hands. I was wondering if anyone got it and it became comfortable after time? Just keep seeing a lot of ppl recommending the axe over most markers in this range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users