#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

i would recommend a Ninja or Guerrilla air tank over these for a few reasons
quality: ninja and Guerrilla air make the highest quality tanks and regs hands down
both these tanks will also hold value a lot better 

#3 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

i would recommend a Ninja or Guerrilla air tank over these for a few reasons
quality: ninja and Guerrilla air make the highest quality tanks and regs hands down
both these tanks will also hold value a lot better 

Yep But In the End I Would suggest just always going Ninja if you can. You just cant beat ninja for tanks. 

#4 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Ninja all the way, if you are going to buy new then do it right at the get go.

#5 Aclonix

Aclonix

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Ninja it is, thanks guys.

#6 ForcePlate

ForcePlate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

I would get the ANSgear tanks http://www.ansgear.c...anks_s/3614.htm

They're pretty good tanks and just a couple dollars more also you have a choice between regulators when you buy one.

I personally own one and it very good tank  

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

also you have a choice between regulators when you buy one.

Remember you pay for customer service and you only have the option to upgrade to a crossfire reg.

#8 Atrain771

Atrain771

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

If you get one I highly recommend getting a different regulator on it, my friend had bought one and after about 2 months the regulator blew out on him

#9 fishballer06

fishballer06

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:28 AM

You can't beat Ninja tanks. Quality, performance, customer service. They just cannot be beaten. If you're going to spend the money on a new tank, get yourself something of quality, that will last you a long time, and is made in America. 

Markham Genesis - CXBL Elite 2014

ShockerRepair.com 
ProjectPb.com 
Dimension Paintball LLC

#10 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:37 AM

I have to echo everyone else. Ninja is the only way to go. Even if you just buy a Ninja reg. Their customer service is the best in the business and 100% Made in America near Chicago, IL.

#11 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:47 PM

What about the hk tanks? they are on sale and i have enough for them

#12 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:16 PM

What about the hk tanks? they are on sale and i have enough for them

Ninja.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#13 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

I am going to buck the trend here.

Everyone is saying "ninja" "ninja" "ninja" when nine times out of ten it makes zero difference. So long as the regulator does not break on you, and tank regulators hardly EVER go down, you're fine. Even an inconsistent tank regulator (which is extremely rare these days) is not a problem since practically every marker you buy has its own regulator.

The big secret here is that most people who post on this forums that play a lot are sponsored. I used to be sponsored by Ninja too. They definitely make the best product, but you'll never know it. I've owned several different tanks and not a one has gone down on me. My Draxxus tank is still fine. Really, an 68/4500 HPA tank with a 5 year hydro is a 68/4500 HPA tank with a 5 year hydro. The rest is not worth a 50% cost increase to get a ninja.

Bottomline: as long as it's not a piece of shit (and I can't think of a piece of shit tank that's available nowadays), the extra money spent will not yield you any gain. I would go for the cheapest 68/4500 you can find. Don't forget to factor in born dates (when the tank was made which determines when it will need to be re-tested for certification).

I would go for the HK brand tank on sale. 40% savings is 40% savings.

Posted Image

#14 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Everyone is saying "ninja" "ninja" "ninja" when nine times out of ten it makes zero difference. So long as the regulator does not break on you, and tank regulators hardly EVER go down, you're fine. Even an inconsistent tank regulator (which is extremely rare these days) is not a problem since practically every marker you buy has its own regulator.

The big secret here is that most people who post on this forums that play a lot are sponsored. I used to be sponsored by Ninja too. They definitely make the best product, but you'll never know it. I've owned several different tanks and not a one has gone down on me. My Draxxus tank is still fine. Really, an 68/4500 HPA tank with a 5 year hydro is a 68/4500 HPA tank with a 5 year hydro. The rest is not worth a 50% cost increase to get a ninja.

Bottomline: as long as it's not a piece of shit (and I can't think of a piece of shit tank that's available nowadays), the extra money spent will not yield you any gain. I would go for the cheapest 68/4500 you can find. Don't forget to factor in born dates (when the tank was made which determines when it will need to be re-tested for certification).

But, Ninja is all black... and it has the added bonus of their CS, and is user serviceable/adjustable.

#15 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:11 AM

Umm their almost all user serviceable? Who cares about color when chances are your going to put some kind of tank cover on it anyway? Besides the bottles are all made by the same 3 or 4 companies anyway, and have to meet the exact same federal criteria. The only difference truly is the reg, and for 95% of players the GAS tanks are perfect for what they need, and IMO ninja's aren't worth the extra money, just a bunch of hype.

#16 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

lol thats not why we recommend ninja. we do it because as you said it yourself. "they make the best product". durr, thats why we suggest it not to mention CS is unreal with them. 

Lulzjustacat.png

#17 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:07 PM

A birdy told me those HK tanks are due to be deemed unsafe next year in October. 

#18 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

A birdy told me those HK tanks are due to be deemed unsafe next year in October. 

So their hydro will go out? Otherwise I can think of no reason for them to be deemed unsafe then, but not now.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#19 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:30 AM

not sure why they would wait to declare a tank unsafe... but alrighty

#20 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:47 AM

because it is unsafe? derp i mean i can think of some reasons. one being a recall on a bad run, or that their regs have some sort of issue, or that the wall thickness or some other sort of safety requirement is not fully met or hardly met yet for safety reasons will deem the tanks unsafe.

Lulzjustacat.png

#21 fatalreaction

fatalreaction

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:09 AM

DERP? Pretty sure I said i'm not sure why they would wait, as in if the tanks are unsafe wouldn't you want to declare that IMMEDIATELY and not wait a year?

#22 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:58 AM

because it is unsafe? derp i mean i can think of some reasons. one being a recall on a bad run, or that their regs have some sort of issue, or that the wall thickness or some other sort of safety requirement is not fully met or hardly met yet for safety reasons will deem the tanks unsafe.

Because they aren't made by Ninja.

#23 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

DERP? Pretty sure I said i'm not sure why they would wait, as in if the tanks are unsafe wouldn't you want to declare that IMMEDIATELY and not wait a year?

Because they aren't made by Ninja.

actually i found out the real reason. their permits to make tanks expires in oct 2014. they just have to renew the permit thats it. 

Lulzjustacat.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users