Photo

What be would be concerded a reasnoable time for shipping after payment is comfirmed?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Gavinabe

Gavinabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Hope sombody can shed light on the following, After paying a seller for goods and requesting the seller of goods that he has received confirmnation of payment. The seller comfirmed s that payment has been received and will inform the buyer when he has shipped. So after 2 requests for shipping details  after 6days, There has been no reply to the requests or shipping information.  What would be a reasonable time to for the seller to reply with the information requested and cancelling the PayPal transation. There had been a stiputation to the deal, that the goods should be shipped ASAP to a address in Reno CA, as the goods need to be at this address to be consolidated with other goods for shipping a week later to outside the USA .

Thanking for your time

Gavin

Edited by Gavinabe, 31 October 2013 - 01:03 PM.

#2 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Generally a post saying payment has been received and that shipping will be taken care of ASAP is acceptable right after a deal has been reached.  Granted there are times where someone has something come up or the buyer and seller have an agreement to ship after x date to accommodate a vacaction currently being handled or something like that.

Typically a seller cannot cancel a PayPal payment.  This is left to the buyer when something goes awry and PayPal has to be involved on a reneged deal/scam.

#3 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,541 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:57 PM

If the seller doesn't provide shipping details within 2 days after payment is put through (unless reasonable reason is given) red flags should be triggered. If you have waited 6days and seller has not replied to you send a paypal claim ASAP.
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#4 Gavinabe

Gavinabe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:38 AM

thanks for the reply, I filed for a dispute  with PayPal  and then you go into a resolve section and money is put on hold till a resolusion is reach with in 21 days. It seems this is the best way to get the seller to move or get your money back. After posting the dispute the seller replied to me in the next day, it is resloved and I have the goods in hand.

My advice any any body ,like is said over over , do not gift via PayPal, if you gift you have no recourse to get the problem sort out or get your money back, 2nd tip do a bit of a background check on the, seller see how active the seller is on the forum you are able to gadge the seller and what type of person he is , I did not follow the second tip :( a lesson I have leanered. 

#5 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

IMO ASAP shipping is 3 days to get it out.  Some people need to get boxes and packing stuff.  A normal is 7 to 10 days.  That gives them the weekend to get it out.  Some can't get to a post office during the weekdays.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users