• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Gil70

Gil70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:38 PM

Okay guys so I have been playing paintball for the past 8 years now, and I have used the same Tippmann 98 Custom. I have done understandably a lot of maintenance on it over the years and buying a lot of new parts from time to time. So just a few months ago I broke down and bought a new paintball gun. I got a Tippmann X7 Phenom. My question what barrel should I get. I really want a nice barrel for my gun. I know Tippmann has the infamous flatline and straight line barrels, but are there better ones out there for Tippmann guns. I have heard that a rifled barrel in the paintball scene is actually just an advertising hoax and doesn't truly help in anyway too for the past few years. Is all this true and any suggestions as to what I should get?

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,337 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

What are you looking to gain from a new barrel?

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 Gil70

Gil70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:45 PM

More accuracy really. My stock barrel came a little defaulted. When you inside/down the barrel itself its not as smooth, there's even a scratch in it, and a bit rougher than what you see in other barrels

#4 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 540 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Cp one piece .685 good construction and great hone on the inside. Plus it's cheap.

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

More accuracy really. My stock barrel came a little defaulted. When you inside/down the barrel itself its not as smooth, there's even a scratch in it, and a bit rougher than what you see in other barrels

This is probably the ONLY situatuon where buying a new barrel will actually improve accuracy. I highly recommend a J&J ceramic barrel. Theyre very well proted and therefore extremely quiet - cheap too.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 31 October 2013 - 08:24 PM.

#6 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

ANS has some sales left over for from world cup, where you can get a Stiffi for $50.  CP is always a great value, and you can get it in lower bores if you're after an underbore.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users