4 replies to this topic

#1 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I play and enjoy paintball and by that I mean I all paintball. So over my many years in this sport (15 or so) I have owned many many guns. But now I THINK I have perfected my little collection. I have a gun or two that rly covers every aspect of this sport now. So figured I'd toss up some pics of my humble collection (that I still own) in order I purchased. All these were purchased new as I a bit fanatical about maintence being a mechanic and all.

Brass Eagle Saber. The biggest pile of poo ever. I bought couple of these in late 98 for my brothers birth day. We shot these things for a few months before upgrading to blowback semis. In packing for my upcoming move. I found mine and amazingly it aired up some how despite the 15 year old broken paint, rusted springs worn out plastic bits and all round crappy quality.
IMG_0910_zps0269c8ab.jpg

Tippmann Pro/Carbine. My first true Quality paintball marker I purchased early 99. And one I truly enjoy playing with to this day . I maintain that Tippmanns carbine series guns were some of there finest and the best mech blowbacks made. This is a gun that's seen hell and more paint than I can number. Yet it still shoots great and in all these years has needed nothing but the air line and a Oring replaced when I replaced said airline.
IMG_0904_zpscf5f055c.jpg

AGD 68 Automag. This I picked up in mid to late 99 as my way of getting myself into a "Highend" setup. This gun too has been close to me for a very long time and has seen ALOT of use and abuse. yet the gun has needed NOTHING but detents and a foamie. I have upgraded it and changed it around more times than I can count. Soo much so it has spawened a few other mags. But as others come and go this one keeps getting reborn and reassembled. Today I run it with a 10" stainless ANS barrel, original classic Powerfeed body and rail, a composite single trigger frame, DP RAPSII ASA. I also cut up and made a mount to install a spare A5 fore grip I had laying around. This things great fun to shoot as it balances out well and truly has a unique feel to it. Great old school shooter for rec play.
IMG_0925_zpsd010129b.jpg

Sheridan PGP2. I picked this up in 06 or 07 I think when I found it at a local pro shop new in box collecting dust. I wanted another stock class gun after selling my last phantom years ago and always wanted some brass. It's seen quite a bit of use but like with my past phantom. I was never the greatest stock class player and found I preferred my open class setups.
IMG_0905_zps99a7b422.jpg

Empire Trracer. Picked this up in 2010 I beleive as my first marker purchase since the PGP. I decided to really start playing more again and had sold off my last open class pump. So this was cheap looked fun and for a while I loved it. Sadly after the first bolt wore out I decided it was not my cup of tea as far as open class goes so I replaced it with a different pump and converted this to stock class (allowing the PGP to become a prestine wall hanger).
IMG_0906_zps11bed823.jpg

DP E1. Also in 2010 I decided I wanted a bit of an updated speedball setup having long since sold off my last tuned x-Valved mag. So I picked up this thing as I liked its simplicity and being as I never was a fan of ramping it seemed perfect for me. And in many ways it is. I think its a great shooting solid gun. After two years the fittings did start to leak and I did replace those but otherwise it's been a great shooter. I just find I prefer mechs and pumps so it does not see as much use as others.
IMG_0903_zps3cb0c215.jpg

Tippmann A5. Purchased in 2011 as a replacement woodsball beater for my aging beloved carbine (gun I didn't mind loaning or tossing in the dirt to complete objectives etc.). But I just could never get it to feel right and found for that purpose I still preferred my pumps anyways. So I decided it be a great idea to Tacamo convert it to give mag fed a try. Sadly I got badly injured befor getting it out on a feild but have had to make a few modifications so far just testing it in the backyard to get it to shoot right reliably. Looking forward to trying it soon.
IMG_0907_zpsc66d0edd.jpg

Tiberius T8.1. Bought this prior to converting the A5 as my first try at mag fed. Loved shooting the gun but had not found a comfortable means to carry enuff paint for seriouse on feild play prior to getting hurt. Now I'm sorted and plan to use this as my mag fed CQB setup as the A5 is on the long side.
IMG_0909_zps13548ab0.jpg

Tippmann SL-68II. Got this cause I have always thought they looked kewl. And since I was untrusting of the reliability of my Trracer figured this would work as my open class pump. Run this with a Proto primo and a ninja 35/3000 with a reg extender. Balances PERFECT feels great and with the custom ordered brass 12" palmers barrel it's a very consistent efficient Tiny shooter. Before getting injured this thing seen a TON of paint in one season.
IMG_0908_zpse17f00e2.jpg

And lastly my AGD RT/ULE custom I put togeather with all the upgrades to that first mag. It's by far the best looking marker I own and functions even better than it looks. I decided having owned a couple walkable ULT mags in the past to go RT route on this one. I run this with a 12" DW Null barrel, PE pops ASA, ninja dura 77 with pro SHP reg, and a prophecy Z2 with 240shell and exalt speed feed. I consider this my primary semi gun now and have intentions to lower my SHP regs out put to 950 as I find the RT effect a bit excessive for actual play and want to really just slow this back down, closer to my classic mag. I love the feel of this gun and use it more than anything else in game. I run this as my primary semi shooter only ever pulling out the DP E1 now for the VERY VERY rare times I want a freakishly high ROF.
IMG_0928_zps1dcfb09e.jpg
http://s496.photobuc...635e4.jpg.html]IMG_0924_zps378635e4.jpg

Edited by TinyBear, 24 February 2014 - 04:02 PM.

AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#2 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

needs more autococker. 

DLX Luxe, 2k5 ccm'd superstock1 of 100 XSV axe pro. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#3 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

nice writeup tiny

needs more autococker. 

Who needs auto cocker when you have automag ? I almost feel sorry for you. :P  Ok Now Lets see how much people hate me after this.

#4 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:43 PM

needs more autococker.

Lol. Cockers were always those guns I enjoyed shooting but never ones I wanted to own. Mags seemed like just so much simpler a design and purpose built to be semis from the get go rather than a automatically pumped pump gun.

Cockers are pure cool and are fascinating beasts to shoot but when I bought my first mag from a pure MECH performance standpoint the Mag was simply in my eyes far superior (smaller, less kick, better consistency/regulator, easier maintenance and again to me more appealing simplistic lines and better balance/ergo's).

That being said I wouldn't mind now owning a sniper of some sort but I can't justify yet another marker these days.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#5 Key

Key

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:02 PM

The field owner let me play with his mag and it shoots extremely well. I forget what it was but I'm thinking about picking one up. There just so fun to shoot.

Looking for a Good Field in the Albany Area?

Their Website: http://albanyscenarioclub.com

Their Facebook: https://www.facebook...anyScenarioClub

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users