Photo

Willing to bring back elitedealseeker.com?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:36 AM

So about oh i dont know maybe half a year ago or so? not entirely sure the exact date it went down but i know it wasnt too long ago that Elitedealseeker.com shutdown. It was a sad day for anyone who looked looking for markers off BST. Basically for anyone who doesn't/didn't know about Elitedealseeker.com what it was, was a site that would allow a user to search for a paintball item and the site would search through all the Techpb, PbN, and MCB BST pages and compile a list of links with any items that shows up in the users search. Then the user could simply click on a link and be taken to the page that has the item they are looking for. I was thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to pick up elitedealseeker as either a stand alone site or some how fit it on TechPB. It would give the root admins another place to put ads for either the ads you currently have or another place to put an ad for markerbids or maybe even put a banner that says "Hosted by TechPB" or something along the lines to get more people to vist both the forums and markerbids more. Also Elitedealseeker.com did open source their coding for the entire site right here http://www.elitedeal....com/eds.tar.gz

Lulzjustacat.png

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:40 AM

If only you were in the players club ;)

Edited by andrewthewookie, 01 November 2013 - 02:41 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#3 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

People have to realize that their code is quite a few years old in the internet world.  A lot has changed and a whole new program would have to be written to be applicable for the next for years.  You just don't make a new release in 2013 on a 2007 platform. Open sourcing it is like taking it to the curb thinking a picker will come by.

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:34 PM

People have to realize that their code is quite a few years old in the internet world.  A lot has changed and a whole new program would have to be written to be applicable for the next for years.  You just don't make a new release in 2013 on a 2007 platform. Open sourcing it is like taking it to the curb thinking a picker will come by.

well i mean its just a thought but of course if the marginal benefit doesn't outweigh the marginal cost then I see why root admins wouldn't want it. I'm not demanding it by any means, it was just the google search of paintball items, I'm assuming we already have something similar in the players club as wooby is trying to hint at me.

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:58 PM

Just letting you know why nobody has grabbed their code. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users