• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 warnerbros

warnerbros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:41 AM

I own both of these and I personally feel that the v-max is a better hopper. I like its slimmer profile and the fact that it uses c batteries instead of AA's. Also the halo too will sometimes not spin every time I shoot when I put it on my mini which obviously causes problems when gunfighting.

Because of this i'm confused why on ansgear the halo too is $10 more than the v-max. Is there a reason that the halo too is supposed to be better and i'm just missing it?

#2 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

The V-max (1) was reduced in price as the Vmax 2 came out.

#3 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

The V-Max uses 9v batteries - two of them to be exact.  Some people like 9v better and some people like AA or AAA better.  The V-Max price dropped before the V-Max2 came out, but in general it's true that they were trying to get rid of inventory before their new loader hit the market.

Honestly, at the current prices I don't know of anything the Halo Too does that can be considered better than the V-Max.  That's assuming you're not trying to win any speed competitions, but both will hit PSP ramping rates just fine.  On the flipside, the ease of disassembly and cleaning on the V-Max is huge, plus just a little bit of extra capacity at around 200-220 balls.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#4 warnerbros

warnerbros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

I just got my v-max last week, along with my tippman crossover!,  so I've only used it once and havnt taken it apart to clean it. So did you say it was easy or hard to take apart?  

And I didn't actually know there was a v-max 2 so that makes sense now

#5 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 02:10 PM

I just got my v-max last week, along with my tippman crossover!,  so I've only used it once and havnt taken it apart to clean it. So did you say it was easy or hard to take apart?  

And I didn't actually know there was a v-max 2 so that makes sense now

Great combination - I'm a fan of it.  The V-Max is stupidly easy to open and clean.  Pop the lid, push the tab to separate the body, and go to town.

#6 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

I feel like my vmax doesn't shoot at the rates I expected it to. And I don't shoot fast to begin with. But I accident forgot to flip my 9v's and it ate both the batteries...(bummer).

On the flip side besides the weight my halo is a trooper always has a ball ready to go. Never blends. And is just a+ reliable.

#7 conorq12

conorq12

Are those my balls on your face?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

The paddles in then max are cheap and are similar to a pinokio. Halos are much better

lg_ICU%20Paintball%20logo.jpg
ICU Paintball
Des Moines, Iowa
DSM Detox

ICU Rattlesnake

#8 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

The paddles in then max are cheap and are similar to a pinokio. Halos are much better

thats because to vmax is essentially a fucked up nokio because valken cant copy something simple properly

Lulzjustacat.png

#9 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'm not sure what category halo would be better than the vmax in.  Perhaps battery life?  Remind me not to play on fields with kids that want a feedrate faster than 15 bps.

#10 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:35 AM

Its not that I want to shoot at excessive rates. But its nice not to be maxing the loaders potential out in order to shoot at the acceptable bps.

Kind of like trying to take a 50cc mopen on the highway. Sure it can be done but at what risks. (Burning out the motor prematurely on the vmax)
The vmax has its ups and downs. And i don't think I'm alone here but rate of feeding shouldn't have been a con

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:45 AM

That's what I'm saying - it's not a con.  The feed rate is fast enough for rec ball or psp play - easily faster than 12.5 bps.  The only place this is a problem is for people that want to shoot faster in semi.

#12 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I haven't checked the bps over a chrono. I still feel like mine shoots slower than 12.5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users