Photo

My friend thinks i am stupid because I like the xvd and i think it is amazing for its price range.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

I liked the 2 piece barrel and the way it works the modes but my friend says tippmann would probably do bad since its a scenario markers company. I said it has x7 internals but how do i prove to him that it is amazing for its price range.

sorry about tittle xvr

Edited by ThePBnewbie, 01 November 2013 - 09:09 PM.

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 09:04 PM

It isn't "amazing" for the price. Its operates very similar to the old automags. Don't get me wrong its a nice marker though.

Also the two-piece barrel is probably its least important new feature.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 02 November 2013 - 03:13 AM.

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:41 AM

Buy all of the comparable markers in the price range and have him test each and every one, and let him decide which one he thinks is best.

#4 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,609 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:55 AM

But have you actually shot the xvr for a decent amount of time?
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#5 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

How long has your friend being playing paintball? How many different markers has he shot, torn down, teched, shot, torn down, reteched and shot again to make his assumptions?

#6 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

My friend really want a speedball marker and he is almost dead set on the OG crossover. What shall I do to protect him from that?

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#7 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:04 PM

My friend really want a speedball marker and he is almost dead set on the OG crossover. What shall I do to protect him from that?

If he wants it, let him get it. There's no need for you to step in and try and tell him what he should or should not do, if he's set on something and isn't asking for your advice. Don't butt in where it's not wanted. If he asks for your advice, then give him advice, but also point him to TechPB and tell him he's allowed to ask as many questions as he wants, no matter how dumb or stupid he thinks they may sound, to help give him more than just one opinion.

But if he has his heart set on a marker, and he isn't asking your advice, then don't give him advice and let him buy what he wants. If he finds out later that he doesn't like it, then he'll be able to learn why he doesn't like it, and will go looking for more information to figure out what he does like. He'll learn a lot better doing things that way than having you tell him what to do. And who knows, maybe he'll really like the Crossover. And if he likes it, then he should be allowed to use it without ridicule.

#8 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:19 PM

He asked for my advice and I recommended the XVR as the most expensive option he could afford. I also recommended a PMR. He decided that he liked the XVR but he thinks that the OG crossover is a better value. He is like 100% reliant on my advice.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#9 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,917 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Point him our way, show him the BST, and explain to him that he doesn't have to buy new, he can also buy used. And as long as he buys from someone with lots of feedback then his chances of getting a lemon are extremely low.

#10 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Pro tip be me and not give a damn what people buy! Tell him what you like why you like it then let them make your own decisions. You can lead a horse to water but not make him drink.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:21 AM

I've shot the original Crossover, and also the Axe, the Rail, the Reflex Rail, the Mini, the Etek, the Etha, and the Drone.  The Crossover is an elite choice out of that group.  I would consistently pick it over everything else except maybe a tossup with the Axe and the Drone.

It's fairly efficient, more efficient than an Axe.

It's fairly smooth, smoother than an Axe.

It's very easy to maintain and disassemble.  Definitely easier than everything above save the Etek.

Its current competitive price is over $100 cheaper than the Axe, $80 cheaper than the Drone.

This isn't about mech play, but it's mechanical feature is superb.  I see the primary function of the mechanical feature being that it makes the trigger more rewarding, it assists with conserving paint, and it doesn't require batteries.  I can almost hit the same bps in mech as electro with the Crossover trigger and trigger spring removed. As an electro, it can easily do PSP mode and the available programs give you tons of options.  To be fair, what are the drawbacks?

It's made by Tippmann, and players can't get past that.  It's surprising how many people have told me that the Axe performs better, when this is objectively false.

It comes in Henry Ford colors - black. The XVR opens that up a bit.

The grips are "meh."  Doesn't bother me but surely isn't great grips.

It doesn't have an on/off ASA.  The XVR fixes this, but honestly I've been surprised to find it's very easy to add or remove my Ninja bottle without concern of tearing things up.

And the big issue is the trigger.  The Axe trigger is just so much better.  I tend to play in mech mode because I like the feel of that trigger more and it's all I need for rec ball play, but the Axe trigger is more responsive and comfortable.  The newer, replacement Crossover trigger is not worse than the Dye or PE products in my mind, though.  Better than the Mini for sure.

It's A5 threaded, and lots of current market underbore barrels and adapters don't work.  The XVR fixes this, too.

The XVR gives you a cosmetic and comfort upgrade to the Crossover for the same price as a Drone DX.  I don't know that you need any of those, though getting an on/off ASA, toolless grip access, and toolless bolt removal are all nice features.  At the $350 price point for the original Crossover, I would run not walk to get that before anything else under $400.  Go put it on PSP ramping and embarass a whole bunch of speedball players that think the marker can't keep up with their Axes.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#12 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:23 AM

I've shot the original Crossover, and also the Axe, the Rail, the Reflex Rail, the Mini, the Etek, the Etha, and the Drone.  The Crossover is an elite choice out of that group.  I would consistently pick it over everything else except maybe a tossup with the Axe and the Drone.

It's fairly efficient, more efficient than an Axe.

It's fairly smooth, smoother than an Axe.

It's very easy to maintain and disassemble.  Definitely easier than everything above save the Etek.

Its current competitive price is over $100 cheaper than the Axe, $80 cheaper than the Drone.

This isn't about mech play, but it's mechanical feature is superb.  I see the primary function of the mechanical feature being that it makes the trigger more rewarding, it assists with conserving paint, and it doesn't require batteries.  I can almost hit the same bps in mech as electro with the Crossover trigger and trigger spring removed. As an electro, it can easily do PSP mode and the available programs give you tons of options.  To be fair, what are the drawbacks?

It's made by Tippmann, and players can't get past that.  It's surprising how many people have told me that the Axe performs better, when this is objectively false.

It comes in Henry Ford colors - black. The XVR opens that up a bit.

The grips are "meh."  Doesn't bother me but surely isn't great grips.

It doesn't have an on/off ASA.  The XVR fixes this, but honestly I've been surprised to find it's very easy to add or remove my Ninja bottle without concern of tearing things up.

And the big issue is the trigger.  The Axe trigger is just so much better.  I tend to play in mech mode because I like the feel of that trigger more and it's all I need for rec ball play, but the Axe trigger is more responsive and comfortable.  The newer, replacement Crossover trigger is not worse than the Dye or PE products in my mind, though.  Better than the Mini for sure.

It's A5 threaded, and lots of current market underbore barrels and adapters don't work.  The XVR fixes this, too.

The XVR gives you a cosmetic and comfort upgrade to the Crossover for the same price as a Drone DX.  I don't know that you need any of those, though getting an on/off ASA, toolless grip access, and toolless bolt removal are all nice features.  At the $350 price point for the original Crossover, I would run not walk to get that before anything else under $400.  Go put it on PSP ramping and embarass a whole bunch of speedball players that think the marker can't keep up with their Axes.

dont really see how if it shoots 12.5 how it cant keep up with an axe. 

Lulzjustacat.png

#13 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:53 AM

I totally forgot about the Drone! I shall tell him about it.

#14 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

The Drone DX is great.  It does have a terrible trigger - seems even worse than the Crossover.  Also has macroline instead of internal gas feed, but some people prefer that.  At it's current price of $430, someone wouldn't go wrong with a Drone.  I still like the Crossover better and for the better price, but the differences between the two are just down to small preferences.  I'd imagine the XVR and Drone is even smaller differences.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users