• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Beamers

Beamers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

So im stumped on whats going on with one of my ions.

if the gun doesn't fire for about a minute, the first shot is really low pressure, like barely makes it out of the barrel. After that first shot, the pressure seems to come back and it shoots fine.

Ive changed every oring in the gun (even the banjo/ solenoid tubes, and new orings for the banjos. Also cleaned/lubed the reg, but the problem still persists.

Ive been through a couple batteries so its not that either

really at a loss as to what could be causing the issue. I dont think its my dwell, but could that even cause a 1 shot problem?

Any help would be appreciated.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,836 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:32 PM

That's called first shot drop off, and it happens mostly with spools like the Ion. It's completely normal, especially if the board doesn't have an anti-FSDO setting. Basically, even though a part might look polished, it's really really "rough" on a microscopic level, and the o-ring sort of conforms to this rough surface, increasing the force of static friction. The longer it sits, the more it does this, which is why it only does this when the gun sits for a minute. This is also why most gun boards now feature a specific anti-FSDO setting that adds dwell time to the first shot dwell if it's been sitting for a set amount of time. If there's no setting for that on the board you have in the Ion, then really all you can do is shoot it right before you're about to start the game to clear it out and have the important shots at full velocity.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 02 November 2013 - 07:36 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 Beamers

Beamers

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:58 PM

Oh wow, didnt know that was a common thing.

I have 2 ions, my stock ion shoots fine without any issues(virtue board I think), but my 2nd ion with an APE board has the first shot problem.

Ill see if I can research the ape settings to see if it has any fixes for the drop off

thanks!

Edited by Beamers, 02 November 2013 - 07:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users