• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

I went and got my tank filled today (HPA) and I made the mistake of going to the range that is infamous for not knowing the difference between a HPA and CO2 tank. So obviously the gut behind the counter attempts to fill my tank with CO2 and I therefore corrected him and got my HPA fill. But this time he actually made it to the point of filling it before I could correct him (and I have complained to the range manager) so he still tried to fill the tank with CO2 now i'm not sure to what extend he went to but I do know that he opened the 1 way valve and let the CO2 run through. So now my question is, considering that he first tried to fill it up with CO2 but then after correctly filled it with HPA to 3000psi, is it safe it screw this thing into my gun? And also, are there any extreme consequences to attempting a CO2 fill on a HPA tank?

#2 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:26 AM

If he tried to fill the co2 through the output piece, co2 shouldn't have got into your tank. It should be safe, however, you might want to consider draining the tank first, just to be safe.
I am a raccoon.

#3 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:30 AM

I would push down the pin and I would also remove the eh if possible. I would do this to make sure that there is no co2 in the tank. I you're really precautionary, maybe even rebuild the reg. I wouldn't sweat it too much
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

Don't push down the pin unless you like frostbite.

#5 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yeah you could use a remote line if you have one and just spray all the air out 

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Or an ASA with the macroline removed

#7 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Drain it and then never go there again.

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

#8 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:11 PM

Oh my bad I forgot about the little fact that co2 is freezing, yeah it would be in your best internet to get an asa detached from a marker and drain it that way or use a remote line
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#9 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 09:41 PM

Drain it and then never go there again.

Agree, unless they fire that dude and subsequently kiss your ass.

I'd drain it. If you have a modern reg, you should be able to pop off the bonnet and quickly inspect the piston seal. Not necessary probably, but if you are draining it anyways, then you may as well spend another 2-3 minutes doing so.

Edited by Sydarm, 03 November 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#10 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

Just an update, my tank has now struck a definite leak. I can both hear it and observed a drop in PSI. Fantastic.

#11 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:26 AM

Just an update, my tank has now struck a definite leak. I can both hear it and observed a drop in PSI. Fantastic.

you know what you should do? go back to the field find the idiot who did it and drag him to the owner or supervisor and tell explain what the idiot did

Lulzjustacat.png

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 12:38 PM

you know what you should do? go back to the field find the idiot who did it and drag him to the owner or supervisor and tell explain what the idiot did
This. Amd then DEMAND they fix it.

#13 v1042vPaintballPlayer

v1042vPaintballPlayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:01 PM

I just can't understand how someone like that get's a job at a field. Fucking unacceptable in all honesty.

Edited by v1042vPaintballPlayer, 04 November 2013 - 01:01 PM.

#14 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:42 PM

I just can't understand how someone like that get's a job at a field. Fucking unacceptable in all honesty.
If they can't fix it, make them buy you a new freaking tank. This is completely unacceptable and if they knew the guy was an idiot but they hired him for cheap labor, they should at least keep him away from the things that could seriously hurt people god forbid

#15 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:47 PM

you know whats even better? get some people or even if its just yourself and write a formal complaint about it especially because its a potential safety issue. explain what you've seen and then tell them in the letter that they will have one less customer because you do not want to play at a field that has such a low standard for safety for its patrons and employees by letting people who do not understand the difference between co2 and high compressed air fill tanks. then if they don't want to train employees better or find competent people then write another letter explaining how you will contact the city that they issued them the permit, etc; and explain to the city the dangers of what is happening at the field. Because honestly no one should be playing at  a field like that. I dont even care that its only 1 station full of idiot employees it's unacceptable and dangerous/cause for concern. 

Lulzjustacat.png

#16 OBF

OBF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

Agreed with Kezia. A well thought out letter/complain would be much more beneficial than just running in and accusing them of things. Most likely what'll happen is they'll deny everything, at which point it'll be your word alone versus the word of an actual shop. 

My feedback: http://www.techpb.co...331&hl=feedback

10/0/0

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users