• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TeAreOhWhy

TeAreOhWhy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:27 PM

Is this a good marker? I've heard awful things about smart parts but this marker doesn't look so bad.

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:40 PM

Shockers are very nice markers. Fortunately, there are still some companies (Lurker) making some VERY good upgrades and parts for these guns. They shoot very smoothly and quietly, and now they can be very efficient with some different parts. Parts can be had all over some of the BST's, and these guns can be built from scratch to your liking, or you can buy a whole gun and go from there.

If I were you I would check out the Shocker Subsection on the PBN forum, and ZDSPB.com. That site is known as the shocker bible, and it has just about all the info you'll ever need.

#3 TeAreOhWhy

TeAreOhWhy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:57 PM

Shockers are very nice markers. Fortunately, there are still some companies (Lurker) making some VERY good upgrades and parts for these guns. They shoot very smoothly and quietly, and now they can be very efficient with some different parts. Parts can be had all over some of the BST's, and these guns can be built from scratch to your liking, or you can buy a whole gun and go from there.

If I were you I would check out the Shocker Subsection on the PBN forum, and ZDSPB.com. That site is known as the shocker bible, and it has just about all the info you'll ever need.

Thanks for that answer! I'm not necessarily going to be buying one, but I have been seeing them up for sale a lot lately and was wondering if it was a quality gun

#4 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:57 PM

I mainly shoot shockers. They are the titts. That is all. 

Really customizable smooth quiet and a lot of fun to tinker with.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#5 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:12 PM

NXT Shockers can be great, provided they have a few upgrades. The internals themselves are just fine, but there's a few things about the Shocker that bugged me:

Feedneck: You've got to have a clamping feedneck. NXT Shockers didn't come with one until their very last year.

Board: For a tournament marker, it should have tournament modes. Even the SP Blackheart boards included in 09 are sub-par as adjusting them is a pain in the ass.

ASA: The stock ASA, while good ergonomically (centerline macro which is nice), has no vent. It's on or off, but when off it will not vent air. You've got to turn it off then shoot to degass the marker before removing the tank, unless you want to unscrew while under pressure, in which case why even have an on/off ASA?

Regulator: I hate the fact that you need a shitty wrench to adjust it. Other than that, it's fine.

Trigger: it just doesn't feel nice to me.

Provided you change that, it's a great marker. Even better when you put a lurker bolt in there. Except for the Luxe's softtouch manifold, the Shocker is the same design on the inside as the Luxe 1.0-1.5, and you can even find spring mods to make them identical in operation to the Luxe 2.0. Mechanically they're sound; they just have a few quirks that really get to me.

Posted Image

#6 Danny D

Danny D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 04:48 PM

NXT shockers are awesome.  Wont ever give mine up.  They are smooth, and sexy in the hands.  I cant believe the price they are going for now!  Its a steal and a half.

I bought a ND NXT shocker for $200 with all the upgrades (cp reg, virtue, etc.)!!! Felt like I was ripping the guy off bigtime, but thats what he wanted for it.  So underappreciated. For the price alone, get one as a backup.  Heck after all, same stuff inside as a luxe.  

#7 TeAreOhWhy

TeAreOhWhy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

NXT Shockers can be great, provided they have a few upgrades. The internals themselves are just fine, but there's a few things about the Shocker that bugged me:

Feedneck: You've got to have a clamping feedneck. NXT Shockers didn't come with one until their very last year.

Board: For a tournament marker, it should have tournament modes. Even the SP Blackheart boards included in 09 are sub-par as adjusting them is a pain in the ass.

ASA: The stock ASA, while good ergonomically (centerline macro which is nice), has no vent. It's on or off, but when off it will not vent air. You've got to turn it off then shoot to degass the marker before removing the tank, unless you want to unscrew while under pressure, in which case why even have an on/off ASA?

Regulator: I hate the fact that you need a shitty wrench to adjust it. Other than that, it's fine.

Trigger: it just doesn't feel nice to me.

Provided you change that, it's a great marker. Even better when you put a lurker bolt in there. Except for the Luxe's softtouch manifold, the Shocker is the same design on the inside as the Luxe 1.0-1.5, and you can even find spring mods to make them identical in operation to the Luxe 2.0. Mechanically they're sound; they just have a few quirks that really get to me.

Wow, I was not expecting that! I'm definitely going to have to pick one up. Say I wanted to upgrade it to Luxe level performance, how much cash am I looking at?

#8 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

Zero. It's stock performance is already basically Luxe level. By the way, I do think Luxe's are overrated (after all, they're just fancy talking Shockers, lol).

Internals are fine. It's the ergonomics and random bits like the ASA and board that are pieces of shit. I guarantee you, as an owner of many fantastic markers (and some not so fantastic markers), having a marker that is headache free is the single most important part. Stock NXT Shockers are not headache free.

Edited by Lotus, 03 November 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users