• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LaxBro22

LaxBro22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

What open class pump should i get for cheap? Im looking for something that shoots smooth and i dont have to mess with too much. Any ideas?

#2 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:49 PM

Do you have any preferences? 

Cheap generally doesn't mean good. Buy something used.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#3 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

Trilogies or maybe a side feed. They usually go for around $80-$100.

Edit: talking about autocockers

Edited by bassfisher, 04 November 2013 - 07:31 PM.

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#4 EgoPossum

EgoPossum

Playin' pump & Hurtin' Feelings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Are you looking for an inexpensive open class pump or a cheap open class pump?  (there is a difference)

NIB you can find Empire Trracers and Kingmann Hammer7 for under $200 and ANS Chaos pumps for $230-$280

If you are really frugal and hunt around the forums you might be able to build a cocker pump/sniper for $300 with some amazing parts on the inside.  I prefer to build my pumps up from the ground so that I know every part in them.

"I shoot pump because it hurts more feelings." -- ryantuomi (heard at Living Legends 2)
"Pumping is about as much a disadvantage for me as shifting is for a Nascar driver" - good buddy of mine said this when we were talking about going against the local tourney team
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball

#5 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

My first pump was an Azodin Kaos Pump. I have no complaints about it. You can find them used fairly easily for ~$100.00. Get a gen 2 with a reg. They are simple in design and maintenance. Parts are easy to come by and if the 'farting' bothers you it's an easy fix, although it dosen't effect performance either way.

That being said, I am looking forward to doing a autococker pump build eventually.

#6 FrankW

FrankW

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I would vote for a used cocker pump. It would help if you threw out a number.

#7 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

Something like a side feed, trilly or kp will run about 100 or less. If you want something a little nicer that you can upgrade a vert feed cocker will be around 100-150 for a basic one.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#8 Darrow

Darrow

SC4LYFE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:41 AM

Imo, go for a used autococker.  I owned an AKP and i found it lacked the personality and smoothness of a custom built pump.

A decent autococker pump will run from 100 to 150 dollars for a decent setup, butnothing fancy.  However, this opens an endless realm of possibilities and upgrades.  At the same time, if treated properly, your autococker will not lose any value and you will be able to sell it for as much as you paid originally.

PM me if you have any questions.

You missed me at a rate of 22 balls per second and you're going to try and tell me your gun has eyes??

#9 LaxBro22

LaxBro22

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:36 PM

Im looking to spend 100-150. I dont want to inves a whole lot of money in a pump because i still play airball as well as woodsball/rec ball. 

#10 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

A trilogy pump should do nicely in that price range. Get a shake and shoot hopper, and a tight bore barrel and have fun.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#11 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,055 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:57 AM

I would personally buy a trilogy pump if you can find one.

If you can't find one in your area and aren't comfortable buying online then I would suggest that you just buy the kaos pump.

#12 chadude100

chadude100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

my first pump was a trilly and i loved it dearly. I would recommend staying with a cocker pump because other pumps just don't compare in performance and customization.

#13 Cpt.Accountancy

Cpt.Accountancy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 01:48 AM

I am a fan of cocker pumps. I have a 99 side feed cocker pump that i built. currently in several pieces. It just needs the trigger frame attached and the ASA attached. Contact me for more info and pics if your interested in it. I am not looking for very much price wise.

#14 xmck117xx

xmck117xx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 07:22 PM

or u can try a phantom

usually u can find them on ebay for around that price range(srry if i am breaking any rules by mentioning ebay)

or u can try here in the bst 

very easy to maintain easy to change from stock class to open class 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users