• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leroyjenkems

leroyjenkems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:29 AM

I got my marker new about 3 weekends ago since then I have brought it out 2 times and each time it breaks paint just about every game.  When I brought it home after the first day there was a broken o ring so I replaced it figuring that was the problem but even after I fixed that it still breaks paint any suggestions?

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:38 AM

is there an lpr on there, check your detents in the eye pipe and see if you have the eyes on.

#3 leroyjenkems

leroyjenkems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

The eyes have always been on.  What is an lpr sorry if that is a noob question I just honestly don't know. Also the detents have been nice and clean  

#4 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:34 PM

Rails, including Reflex Rails, don't have LPRs, aka low pressure regulators. Where is the paint breaking? in the breech or in the barrel?

Edited by Old Dude PB, 05 November 2013 - 03:36 PM.

#5 leroyjenkems

leroyjenkems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:13 AM

I am pretty sure both I have found paint in the eye pipe and I have seen paintballs break just as they come out of the barrel

#6 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:14 AM

Paint breaks for a variety of reasons. Here's a list to run through:

1. How's the paint? Old/swollen/misshapen paint can break in any marker.
  2. How's the weather? Paint gets brittle when it's cold.
  3. Is your marker in good condition? A cracked eye pipe, a missing or damaged detent, a scratched barrel...anything that obstructs or alters the path of a paintball will contribute to breaks.
  4. Is your marker clean? Old paint, dirt, or dried lube in the works can contribute to breaking paint. If your eyes are blocked or partially blocked, that can be an issue. Break down the gun and clean it thoroughly.
  5. Is your marker assembled correctly? Is your loader assembled correctly?
  6. Settings. Set everything on your marker to the default value.
  7. Are you shooting hot? If you're trying to shoot 330, you'll break paint more than you would at 290.
  8. Loader settings: if your loader has force settings, turn it down. Loaders can push hard enough against the ball stack to break brittle paint.
  9. Barrel bore. If you're trying to underbore, maybe you're overdoing it. (Probably not an issue with a stock barrel, but I've had situations where I started the day with a healthy underbore, and as the temperature and humidity rose, I started getting breaks.)
  10. "Spin" barrels. An Apex (for example) and brittle tourney-grade paint sometimes won't play well together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users