12 replies to this topic

#1 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:28 AM

I mean, come on. In 2010 I bought a used PM8 in perfect condition for $270. Nowadays they still go for $275-$300! DM9s go for about that amount now! (SEE?[and this one even has the new Dye UL Airport]). That's ridiculous! I really, really want a PM8 again, but since the price hasn't dropped in 3 years, I can't afford one. Yes, the PM8 is an amazing marker, but a good deal of that amazingness was a result of the low price! Now it's as expensive than the Dye model that's a year newer! PM8s are worth more than DM8s and that's just weird (true, I do think the PM8 is better than the DM8, but I'm blown away that the used market carries that out).

Ugh, I'll never find a good condition dust black PM8 at a price I can afford, and that sucks!

GIEB ME PM8 FUR SUPAH CHAEP!

Posted Image

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,916 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:59 AM

Start searching your couch for loose change. :P The used market is only as much as people are willing to pay, and it looks like people have been willing to pay the same price for 3+ years.

#3 SnapShooter4

SnapShooter4

Not actually that good at snapshooting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:47 AM

Yeah I bought my pm8 locally for $220 and I'm not regretting it at all. Black Mambaaaaaaaaa(her name) is super smooth. gl on your search my good sir.

Edited by SnapShooter4, 05 November 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#4 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Imo the best marker dye ever made.

I've been trying to score a used pm8 aswell, I've seen a few as low as $200 though, but if you come around a LNIB one it will cost you $300+ easy. 

They're worth every cent. I really miss Kobe, my laker scheme pm8 lol

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#5 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

I mean, come on. In 2010 I bought a used PM8 in perfect condition for $270. Nowadays they still go for $275-$300! DM9s go for about that amount now! (SEE?[and this one even has the new Dye UL Airport]). That's ridiculous! I really, really want a PM8 again, but since the price hasn't dropped in 3 years, I can't afford one. Yes, the PM8 is an amazing marker, but a good deal of that amazingness was a result of the low price! Now it's as expensive than the Dye model that's a year newer! PM8s are worth more than DM8s and that's just weird (true, I do think the PM8 is better than the DM8, but I'm blown away that the used market carries that out).

Ugh, I'll never find a good condition dust black PM8 at a price I can afford, and that sucks!

GIEB ME PM8 FUR SUPAH CHAEP!

thats because the PM8 is a DM9 in a PM body essentially. its not going to drop until the prices of the DM9 drop.

Lulzjustacat.png

#6 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:59 PM

IMO.  The pm8 is smaller and more ergo than anything else DYE has made. Today's DMs don't tuck in as tight.  It was a one year production. Maybe that's why the value is still high.

#7 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Well holy shit was today either a great day or a day that will live in infamy. Either I just got scammed (in which case I should be able to get my money back because I don't send as a gift like an idiot), or I just scored a decent condition dust black PM8 with all original parts and manual for $225, fees included. Hopefully it works out.

Posted Image

#8 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,681 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:58 PM

I saw that one too. Good deal, plus you have nothing to lose if you used paypal correctly  :tup:

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#9 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

Prices in paintball are so dumb. They were once going for $225-50 all day, now their price is back up again. Its almost as dumb as the prices on luxe 1.0s

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#10 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,858 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:18 AM

No difference than cockers.  They went down to $80 and now back to $125-150.

#11 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:38 AM

Prices in paintball are so dumb. They were once going for $225-50 all day, now their price is back up again. Its almost as dumb as the prices on luxe 1.0s

Given that the OP just found the gun he was looking for at the price he was looking for, less than a day after he initially complained that he couldn't, I'm not sure we have compelling evidence that used PM8s are generally over-priced.

#12 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,924 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

To be fair, I have been looking for a week; I snapped up the deal within a day of it being posted, and many people probably wouldn't want to have dealt with him as he had zero feedback. I do think PM8s are unreasonably highly priced.

Posted Image

#13 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,916 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:28 PM

Unfortunately you're one of the few. Because they wouldn't be priced that high if they didn't sell at that price. Just means you'll have to look harder if you want to find another one at the price you like. Maybe you could even flip the one you just got for a profit, if you're willing to wait and find the right buyer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: PM8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users