• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Ok.  So I am currently upgrading from a gog extcy, I have had way to many problems with that gun and I just want to be done with it.  I have found some options, a lot off of people on craigslist (yes I know, sketchy).  

These are all in good working condition.  Here they Are:

-Used Etek 3: $250 --- Comes with original stock items

(Never Held)

-Used Etha: $250 --- Comes with original stock items

(Never Held)

-Used Axe: $260  --- This one the guy said that he sanded it down so that someone might want to re color it.  It also has an upgraded lurker bolt.

(Borrowed from a friend to hold and test fire)

- NEW Valken Proton: $280-90 --- Another one of the perks of it being new, I can get free lifetime maintenance by buying it from my local shop.

(Held at the shop)

I have read MANY conflicting reviews about all of these markers.  If anyone would like to give me their input, that would be much appreciated.  Thanks

Edited by Efry34, 05 November 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#2 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:43 PM

If you buy from craigslist, a good rule of thumb is that if they wont let you air it up and make sure everything works, don't even bother going to check it out.  The best of course is to put a pod through it, but that's not always an option if you are picking it up from someones house.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

#3 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:19 AM

If you buy from craigslist, a good rule of thumb is that if they wont let you air it up and make sure everything works, don't even bother going to check it out.  The best of course is to put a pod through it, but that's not always an option if you are picking it up from someones house.

This is very true.  I made sure that either I could test it out, or that they send me a shooting video of it.

#4 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,664 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:26 PM

Cross the Etha off your list, it will be very similar to your eXTCy, with a few differences here and there. Don't go with the Proton, the board is horrible, it isn't an upgrade.

What's going to be an "upgrade" with the Etek and Axe? The triggers will feel slightly better, they will feel slightly sturdier overall, you get an on/off ASA, and you get a little bit more efficiency. Both will shoot and feel considerably different than your eXTCy. Something to consider with the Axe, is if it has been sanded, this will absolutely kill the resale to other potential buyers in the future, so if you buy it and decide you don't like it or you want something else down the line, good luck selling it. If the Axe is what you're going for, try to bring his price down more.

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#5 Efry34

Efry34

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:04 PM

Cross the Etha off your list, it will be very similar to your eXTCy, with a few differences here and there. Don't go with the Proton, the board is horrible, it isn't an upgrade.

What's going to be an "upgrade" with the Etek and Axe? The triggers will feel slightly better, they will feel slightly sturdier overall, you get an on/off ASA, and you get a little bit more efficiency. Both will shoot and feel considerably different than your eXTCy. Something to consider with the Axe, is if it has been sanded, this will absolutely kill the resale to other potential buyers in the future, so if you buy it and decide you don't like it or you want something else down the line, good luck selling it. If the Axe is what you're going for, try to bring his price down more.

Ya that's a good point.  Reanodizing a gun is pretty expensive as well.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: etek, etek 3, etha, axe, proton, empire, planet eclipse, valken proton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users