20 replies to this topic

#1 conorq12

conorq12

Are those my balls on your face?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:29 PM

Is the sly profit goggle system any good. They look pretty badass and I like the colored. Do they fog up at all? Are they comfortable.
lg_ICU%20Paintball%20logo.jpg
ICU Paintball
DMPP
Des Moines, Iowa
DSM Detox

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

They have nice foam but IMO aren't that great because they dont breathe well at all and therefore do fog occasionally.

#3 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

The only thing I like about them is the double strap.

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

wanna get suffocated to death by a pillow? get SLY profits then. also to add onto this is that my friend got profits and i went with the grill since i was on a cheaper budget at the time and eflexes weren't out at the time and now every time we go he always says man i regret this mask, its comfy but it hardly vents.

Edited by III Kezia III, 06 November 2013 - 06:28 PM.

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 hyoung41

hyoung41

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

I do agree that they don't breath well. that being said, I think they're the only mask that has a gradient tinted lens (which I really like). they are extremely comfortable and haven't ever really fogged up for me. if you do get them, I would suggest cutting holes in the foam next to your eyes so the breath better. Profits are my favorite mask and the double strap is just perfect. I say u should get them

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:34 PM

I do agree that they don't breath well. that being said, I think they're the only mask that has a gradient tinted lens (which I really like). they are extremely comfortable and haven't ever really fogged up for me. if you do get them, I would suggest cutting holes in the foam next to your eyes so the breath better. Profits are my favorite mask and the double strap is just perfect. I say u should get them

Flexes have gradient lenses and just for reference just about any mask can be double strapped.

#7 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:00 PM

Profits are no bueno if you live in any semi-humid areas. Its gonna fog like a bitch

#8 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:14 PM

I find Grillz are the best mix of everything. Breath ability halfway decent lense comfort and protection. And their price point isn't bad at all. May want to look into them.

#9 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:53 AM

E-Flex if you have a big head.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#10 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:37 AM

Yes, they do fog up occaisionaly, especially in humid weather and during longer games. After using them for quite a while i don't know if i would recommend them. 

o8qo.jpg

#11 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:45 AM

seriously please dont get them. they will be a bad investment and you'll want to destroy them with c4

Lulzjustacat.png

#12 SnapShooter4

SnapShooter4

Not actually that good at snapshooting

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Tips for fogging! My friend did this to his i4's because it fogged on him, and it also was hard for him to breathe. He took a hole punch and punched some holes on the front-side-ish area. They breathe fine now and no longer fog. I'm getting profits soon, I've tried them on ran with them and they didn't fog on me, then again I live in AZ. Keep in mind I also wear glasses. I have no problem with them from what I did to test them. If I end up do having problems, then I'll be grabbing a hole punch  :P

#13 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,597 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:42 PM

Tips for fogging! My friend did this to his i4's because it fogged on him, and it also was hard for him to breathe. He took a hole punch and punched some holes on the front-side-ish area. They breathe fine now and no longer fog. I'm getting profits soon, I've tried them on ran with them and they didn't fog on me, then again I live in AZ. Keep in mind I also wear glasses. I have no problem with them from what I did to test them. If I end up do having problems, then I'll be grabbing a hole punch  :P

3 problems...

1) If you get hit in that hole punched spot, you WILL be full of paint

2) It is very possible to structurally damage the mask providing a less rigid and less protective shell

3) How the fuck will a hole puncher punch a hole in a hard shell of a paintball mask?
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#14 SnapShooter4

SnapShooter4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

3 problems...

2) It is very possible to structurally damage the mask providing a less rigid and less protective shell

3) How the fuck will a hole puncher punch a hole in a hard shell of a paintball mask?

1) The holes are no bigger than that of the eflex.

2) The mask was perfectly normal in forms of protection durability ect..

3) Hard shell? The lower sides of the i4 and profits are a strong rubber... idk the exact name.

#15 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

3 problems...

3) Hard shell? The lower sides of the i4 and profits are a strong rubber... idk the exact name.

you do realize profits have a hard bottom right? if you hole punch it you're going to has a bad time.

Lulzjustacat.png

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

3 problems...

you do realize profits have a hard bottom right? if you hole punch it you're going to has a bad time.

What Profits have you been wearing? Their bottoms are almost as soft as the Grill bottoms.

#17 SnapShooter4

SnapShooter4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:07 AM

3 problems...

What Profits have you been wearing? Their bottoms are almost as soft as the Grill bottoms.

I know right? The multiple profits at my local shop are all soft bottoms. I currently own Grillz and from what I can tell its the exact same material...

#18 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 02:54 AM

sorry i havent held profits in my hand for awhile but regardless if you have to punch holes in the mask after you buy it...i mean come on, that shouldn't be something you'd have to do to a mask.

Lulzjustacat.png

#19 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

Profits are generally a bad idea if you live in hot, humid environments. But if you live somewhere colder, you'll be fine. And if you need to cut the vents a bit at the front its no big deal... People used to do it with Events all the fucking time cause those things were awful in the breatheability department. I live in Virginia, pretty mild climate. I've had my Profits for 3 or 4 years now, they are the older version with the big fluffy padded ears. and ya know what? I still love them, only fogged on me a few times in the worst of the summer days or when it was pouring rain. I wore them all the time for reffing as well. They get hella lots of bounces too. I like them, and the lenses are AMAZING. I do recommend them if you live where you'll be in good conditions for them. Best mask for canadians hands down haha!

#20 ahrpb

ahrpb

stay low

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:20 PM

I have profits and i4s.  From my experience the profits have a much better lens and peripheral vision and are more comfortable.  I have never had them fog once and in iowa in mid summer we usually have 90% humidity.  The i4's aren't as comfortable or have as good of vision but you can communicate much better with them on.  This was the main reason i bought them.  I would prefer to wear the profits because they are more comfortable and feel more secure because of the two strap but i can't hear anything when i wear them because they have so much foam.  And when i yell at someone if feels like i am yelling in my own ear.  Mine don't however have the hole in the ear pads like the new ones do.  mpo i prefer the profits but if i have to communicate i use my i4s

Profit/I4
Bob Long V1/Vcom - NT10
Rotor
Ninja 68/45

#21 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

I have profits and i4s.  From my experience the profits have a much better lens and peripheral vision and are more comfortable.  I have never had them fog once and in iowa in mid summer we usually have 90% humidity.  The i4's aren't as comfortable or have as good of vision but you can communicate much better with them on.  This was the main reason i bought them.  I would prefer to wear the profits because they are more comfortable and feel more secure because of the two strap but i can't hear anything when i wear them because they have so much foam.  And when i yell at someone if feels like i am yelling in my own ear.  Mine don't however have the hole in the ear pads like the new ones do.  mpo i prefer the profits but if i have to communicate i use my i4s

That must be how the i4 sits on your face because they have some of the best FOVs of any mask, really only beaten by the Profiler IMO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users