• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 miamiallstars!

miamiallstars!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:31 PM

Im looking at guns in the $500 range and I was wondering which one to get and im open to other suggestions and already have a good tank (empire 45/4500) and im getting a virtue spire for my birthday which is soon 

#2 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

The axe will be better in pretty much every aspect. It's smoother quieter has a better trigger... It can be tuned to be even quieter than it is stock it's softer on paint and they're pretty much equal in reliability

#3 miamiallstars!

miamiallstars!

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:49 PM

thanks for your input ill consider it

#4 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 564 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

Are you willing too buy used? Or only new?
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#5 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:52 PM

Etek. Better trigger, easier maintenance, user serviceable reg, board in the grip, better barrel, backed by a better company, you get more in the box.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:24 PM

Etek. Better trigger, easier maintenance, user serviceable reg, board in the grip, better barrel, backed by a better company, you get more in the box.

Better trigger? Ha.
Board in the grip? What?
"Better" company? Lol, no.

#7 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

Better trigger? Ha.
Board in the grip? What?

I like the etek trigger better. Problem?

I can't stand the board being where the reg should be

Yes. PE is a thousand times better than Kee.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#8 Teiwas

Teiwas

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

Better trigger? Ha.
Board in the grip? What?

Well, then just say that YOU like it better, that's a difference. And indeed, the AXE trigger is one of the best stock triggers i ever played in the last 5 years. (I owned or still own DM9, Clone GT, PMR 09, PMR 10, Etek 3, Axe, Drone DX, G6R, Sniper, in these cases i can compare it pretty well)

Easier maintenance? You can remove the Axe bolt without any tools in less than 5 seconds, wipe off the bolt, put a little grease on it and back in again. Where is that more difficult than an Etek?!

Etek is just too loud and not quite as smooth as an AXE. Empire builds fantastic guns, don't listen to that "PE is best fuck the rest" crap, just not true. 

Edited by Teiwas, 09 November 2013 - 06:27 PM.

#9 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

Better trigger? Ha.
Board in the grip? What?

Not sure if srs...

Empire has the best customer service I've ever experienced in paintball. TBH I haven't been impressed with Eclipse.

#10 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

Better trigger? Ha.
Board in the grip? What?

Empire builds fantastic guns, don't listen to that "PE is best fuck the rest" crap, just not true. 

lol, I'm a "dye fanboy"

#11 Lilrob4823

Lilrob4823

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:10 PM

It straight up comes down to wether u like poppit or spool better poppit go with etek spool axe they bolth have good and bad it personal prefrence

#12 Lilrob4823

Lilrob4823

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

And if u haven't shot Bolth let me no and ill tell u the differences

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

It straight up comes down to wether u like poppit or spool better poppit go with etek spool axe they bolth have good and bad it personal prefrence

The Axe uses an inline poppet, not a spool.

#14 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

It straight up comes down to wether u like poppit or spool better poppit go with etek spool axe they bolth have good and bad it personal preference

Too bad the Axe is an inline poppet

#15 Lilrob4823

Lilrob4823

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:41 AM

Sorry they shoot more like spools

#16 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

Sorry they shoot more like spools

Yes they do shoot like spools but they're pressure controlled poppits that's the reason why they're so smooth

#17 Mogi

Mogi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:57 AM

The fanboy's Kill me. while I like Planet Eclipse t.am not a fan of the E-tek I'd even say I like the Etha better. down an axe and Imo its a lot better triggers better Extremely easy maintenance efficient and smoother shot. And as far as customer service both companies are great. Where the board is doesnt really matter specially since when your playing. But at the end of the day the are both guns that work well backed by good companies, hold em, shoot em, pick the one you like best. Fuck everyone if your happy with the gun you choose thats all that matters
I think the fact that so many people mistake the axe for a spool speaks on its smoothness

pew pew pew

#18 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

The Axe just feels nicer in the hands and definitely more balanced for me because I have big hands. It's softer on paint, much quieter, efficiency is around the same, both are backed by solid companies, and both are capable to play a psp circuit. I will say that when you shoot an Etek it's a lot louder than you're expecting. I'd go with the Axe.

#19 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

Efficiency of the Etek is going to be somewhere around 3-4 pods more than the Axe.  I personally find the Etek more comfortable to hold when not firing but the Axe has a much better feeling trigger.  I feel like the Etek jumps a bit when firing such that my third or fourth shot will be high each string until I get the feel of the kick and compensate for it.  The Etek is also really, really loud.

Personally, I like the Crossover better than either because it's cheaper, feels softer, and has efficiency comparable to an Axe - maybe slightly better.  A Crossover XVR is going to have even more nice comfort features (15" barrel, on/off ASA, toolless bolt removal, toolless battery access, soft case) and even then still be cheaper than both the Etek and the Axe.  You pay for it in a trigger just slightly worse than the Etek's, though (in electronic mode, at least).

Also, you said you're open to other suggestions, so I'm really shocked no one even mentioned a Drone DX.  I'd rate it as a good alternate to the Tippmann Crossover XVR - they each have their pluses but are generally on par.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#20 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:19 PM

Efficiency of the Etek is going to be somewhere around 3-4 pods more than the Axe.  I personally find the Etek more comfortable to hold when not firing but the Axe has a much better feeling trigger.  I feel like the Etek jumps a bit when firing such that my third or fourth shot will be high each string until I get the feel of the kick and compensate for it.  The Etek is also really, really loud.

Personally, I like the Crossover better than either because it's cheaper, feels softer, and has efficiency comparable to an Axe - maybe slightly better.  A Crossover XVR is going to have even more nice comfort features (15" barrel, on/off ASA, toolless bolt removal, toolless battery access, soft case) and even then still be cheaper than both the Etek and the Axe.  You pay for it in a trigger just slightly worse than the Etek's, though (in electronic mode, at least).

Also, you said you're open to other suggestions, so I'm really shocked no one even mentioned a Drone DX.  I'd rate it as a good alternate to the Tippmann Crossover XVR - they each have their pluses but are generally on par.

What Axe gets only 7 pods?

#21 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:08 PM

You aren't getting 12 pods with your Etek4? :)

But seriously, a stock Axe? 7.5 to 8.5 would be my bet.  That's 1100 shots plus or minus about 100.

Edited by unfated33, 14 November 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:11 PM

From what I've seen its more like 9 or 10 stock, 11 ir even more with tuning but there are a ton of variables to that too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users