Photo

Americans.... and techpb bst in general

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Like shit I know most you guys are decent but come the fuck on...

If you don't want to make a bst transaction with Canadians, just straight up say it whether in op or a reply. I won't be pissed until you decide to decline my much more appealing offer for a shitty one.

Or it might just be the way some techpb bst-ers conduct themselves, idk. But fuck peoples be cool like pbn and mcarter and actually sell shit properly.

Tldr:
Pound sand bst-ers that don't explicitly say no Canada shipping, and leave better offer. Stop leaving people hanging. I'm so tired of techpb bst and their shens
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#2 XGC_Cheevo

XGC_Cheevo

Pod Scalping You

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:40 PM

I've sold more to Canadians than anything.  Most people think theres some sort of stigma shipping internationally but it's always been super easy for me.

Edited by XGC_Cheevo, 06 November 2013 - 10:40 PM.

#3 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:52 PM

I list in all of my posts. USPS Priority. (Any special shipping requests be handled by the buyer.) 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#4 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

You get it, heck a guy actually sold me an i4 lens from the states $20 shipped and pp'd brand new. Only cost the under $10 to ship, arrived in under 2 weeks.

Sadly not a lot of people like that are on techpb. But now I will look out for your stuff more Cheevo!
gnUDL.png

#5 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:55 PM

I list in all of my posts. USPS Priority. (Any special shipping requests be handled by the buyer.)

I'm like whatever guys I can add a little extra since I'm not in the USA, I understand. Heck I even offer a little extra too most times lol!

But like cheevo said but with my twist, as long as you guys ship USPS everyone happy for the most part! Don't mind pitching a little extra for cross boarder lol
gnUDL.png

#6 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

Im on point when it comes to BST most users on here are not. However I have started doing a lot more local deals now a days. 

There is a good local market for what Im interested in. As for most BST im dealing with PBN now. Such a bigger market, not as many annoying 12 year olds that offer on your gun, ask you to hold it for them, heckle their mommy for money then come back telling you mommy said no. It pisses me off to no avail. If you offer and dont have cash right away I reserve the express right to cockpunch you. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#7 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

IIRC shipping internationally goes by weight for cost and then some places like FedEx and ups have a "broker" fee or something which is like 10%

Lulzjustacat.png

#8 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Im on point when it comes to BST most users on here are not. However I have started doing a lot more local deals now a days. 

There is a good local market for what Im interested in. As for most BST im dealing with PBN now. Such a bigger market, not as many annoying 12 year olds that offer on your gun, ask you to hold it for them, heckle their mommy for money then come back telling you mommy said no. It pisses me off to no avail. If you offer and dont have cash right away I reserve the express right to cockpunch you.

Exact reason why I say cash in hand, and motivated to work a deal. I don't get why some people can deal with it

IIRC shipping internationally goes by weight for cost and then some places like FedEx and ups have a "broker" fee or something which is like 10%

Yea, if it isn't and via USPS from the states to Canada, I anit buying. Like Cheevo said its only a small premium to ship to Canada, just your fucking buyer to tack on $10-20 vs USA shipping and boom done deal
gnUDL.png

#9 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,898 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:10 AM

Shipping to Canada isn't a pain, I've done plenty of times. And it's not as expensive as people think. I've seen people trying to claim it'll cost $100 to ship a marker to Canada, via USPS, which is just absurd. It shouldn't cost more than $45 max, for a medium flat rate priority box. Just make sure it's the rectangular box, and not the square box, and a regular PE or DYE case will fit just fine.

I just tell the buyer that since it's crossing an international border that I am not responsible if it gets lost, as there's nothing I'll be able to do to try and recover it once it leaves my hands. And if they accept that, and won't hold me accountable if it doesn't show up, then I have 0 issues shipping to Canada.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:49 AM

I got quoted for $65 once sending an axe in a medium flat rate box to Canada...

I am a little skeptical about shipping to the guys north of us but knowing USPS will send it I can be fine with that..

#11 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:44 AM

Shipping to Canada isn't a pain, I've done plenty of times. And it's not as expensive as people think. I've seen people trying to claim it'll cost $100 to ship a marker to Canada, via USPS, which is just absurd. It shouldn't cost more than $45 max, for a medium flat rate priority box. Just make sure it's the rectangular box, and not the square box, and a regular PE or DYE case will fit just fine.

I just tell the buyer that since it's crossing an international border that I am not responsible if it gets lost, as there's nothing I'll be able to do to try and recover it once it leaves my hands. And if they accept that, and won't hold me accountable if it doesn't show up, then I have 0 issues shipping to Canada.

the problem is most canadians think we're willing to ship to canada at the price we posted for US res since most people who do BST on here are within the US. then when we ask for more to cover shipping to canada most of them go "NOPE YOU SHIP FOR DIS PRICE" 

Lulzjustacat.png

#12 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:30 AM

I live in Norway and even I don't deal with Canadians. You guys are a shady bunch.

Edited by Nobben #44, 07 November 2013 - 06:30 AM.

#13 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:49 AM

Its the polar bear fighting that makes Canadians shady right nobben? ;)

Edited by get.lit.up!, 07 November 2013 - 08:59 AM.

gnUDL.png

#14 Eskimo

Eskimo

Member #: 666 ( Seriously )

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,110 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

I've sold more to Canadians than anything.  Most people think theres some sort of stigma shipping internationally but it's always been super easy for me.

^^Right here.
Shipping outside the US is not that hard Americans!
use USPS and pretty much everything after that is fine.

Citrus Connection
Proudly Partnered With: PBL, TechPB, Pinokio Hoppers, HK·Army

#15 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,898 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

the problem is most canadians think we're willing to ship to canada at the price we posted for US res since most people who do BST on here are within the US. then when we ask for more to cover shipping to canada most of them go "NOPE YOU SHIP FOR DIS PRICE" 

I have seen far more Canadians offering a few extra bucks to help cover shipping costs than I have seen Canadians who expect it to be sold for the same price as to a US buyer.

Yes, it costs a few bucks more to ship to Canada, but it doesn't cost anywhere near as much extra as people seem to think it is.

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:29 PM

Here is a goodie that IMO should be stickied on techpb since other than domestic transaction isn't it USA to Canada transactions that happen a lot?

http://www.mcarterbr...ing-canada.html

And honestly when I do post shipping prices I do 3 tiers:
-local
-western Canada
-north America

Why? Shit cost almost the same to send to southern USA compared to other side of Canada.

Edited by get.lit.up!, 07 November 2013 - 07:30 PM.

gnUDL.png

#17 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 07:33 PM

Some people don't want to do the extra paper work for international.  Cost  wise .... it's only a few dollars more, NOT twice the price as some yanks want Canadians to believe.

#18 TK-421

TK-421

• 25,898 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:46 PM

It's about double, for similar shipping services. Shipping a 3 pound box from LA to New York via Priority is $15.25, and shipping the same box to Canada is $32.95. Shipping said box from LA to New York via Standard Post is $12.77, and shipping said box to Canada via First-Class International is $21.75.

A flat rate box within the US is $12.35 for a medium one, which will hold a marker case if you use the rectangular one, and a medium flat rate box to Canada is $40.95, a little over 3 times the price of shipping one within the US.

So it's still expensive, as compared to shipping within the US, but not as crazy as most people claim it is.

#19 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

I dont like paying $30 to ship to canada. It is less of a distance to ship across the country to like CA, but is a few hundred miles max and across a border to canadia.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#20 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:03 PM

I dont like paying $30 to ship to canada. It is less of a distance to ship across the country to like CA, but is a few hundred miles max and across a border to canadia.

At that point it would be nice if people didn't beat around the bush and say yes canadaa shipping or not

Edited by get.lit.up!, 07 November 2013 - 11:03 PM.

gnUDL.png

#21 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:50 AM

Its the polar bear fighting that makes Canadians shady right nobben? ;)

Nah, you guys suck at that. Our very own Lars Monsen shot a polar bear in the face from inside a tent trough a hut.(That's true by the way)

You're just shady. You say sorry too much.

#22 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 12:47 AM

'nadians have cooties, thats why we dont sell to them.

Lulzjustacat.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users