• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Mike:)

Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:54 AM

So i have some money to spend. I decided i want to get better at paintball, work hard, and upgrade to another gun. My current 2011 Proto Rail is great, but i want something that will be my "end all" gun, considering i have already decided i love the sport. Im just interested to see what you all think are some good mid range guns. Used is perfectly fine, but don't hesitate to argue with someone, it helps everyones' point of view :P

#2 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:04 AM

At the 550.00 range, you can start getting into used high end markers.

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,974 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

Start getting into used high ends? At $550 You can practically choose almost any older high end gun you want.

Victorys

Clones

DMs

Egos

G6Rs

Geos

Revis

Vapors

Victorys are my favorites on the list.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#4 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:44 AM

Start getting into used high ends? At $550 You can practically choose almost any older high end gun you want.

Victorys

Clones

DMs

Egos

G6Rs

Geos

Revis

Vapors

Oh sure, Wookie. Shame me in front of the new kid. lol

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:47 AM

What other gear do you have? Its in your best interest to upgrade everything else before your marker.

#6 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

get a victory or a 2k12 g6r

Lulzjustacat.png

#7 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:08 AM

Victorys

Clones

DMs

Egos

G6Rs

Geos

Revis

Vapors

Oh sure, Wookie. Shame me in front of the new kid. lol

Gotta step up your game lol

What other gear do you have? Its in your best interest to upgrade everything else before your marker.

I want to get a rotor, i have a vmax 1, e-flex mask, carbon fiber tank.

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:01 AM

If you're willing to buy used there are TONS of options. What qualities and features are you looking for/do you value the most?

#9 evosamurai

evosamurai

Pumperton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 10:22 AM

get a geo 2, dont get a vmax

Edited by evosamurai, 12 November 2013 - 10:22 AM.

Posted Image

#10 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 02:03 PM

I would go for an empire axe. Currently I have owned several high end markers ego 11 dm13 lv1 and overall there is no big difference. When I travel for tournaments I tend to bring my axe and one high end marker due to the axe being not only one of the best markers on the market being nearly the same as almost all high end markers but it is the most reliable marker I have ever owned. Most professionals tend to own an axe believe it or not; when talking to houston heat and edmonton impact they recommended it over high end markers such as a gtr due to its reliability. It is the perfect marker if you don't want to run into problems and have the ability to clean it easily. Although you will have to mech it a bit like changing the asa and the barrel. But overall my recommendation is the empire axe.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#11 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 12:45 AM

If you're willing to buy used there are TONS of options. What qualities and features are you looking for/do you value the most?

I love an aluminum gun, and the feel of the composite just feels, erm idk, just cheap. I know it has perks like just bending back to its original shape and all if you hit the ground hard, i like metal triggers^, like the ones that come one the new bob longs lol. I like the easy maintainance of the vcom engine and dye's new tool-less bolt removal.  I like the fusion fx's asa, love the macroline unless i can just use the gun without a line, and after that, i really don't know the difference between spool and poppets. I would really like to know the difference on those.

I would go for an empire axe. Currently I have owned several high end markers ego 11 dm13 lv1 and overall there is no big difference. When I travel for tournaments I tend to bring my axe and one high end marker due to the axe being not only one of the best markers on the market being nearly the same as almost all high end markers but it is the most reliable marker I have ever owned. Most professionals tend to own an axe believe it or not; when talking to houston heat and edmonton impact they recommended it over high end markers such as a gtr due to its reliability. It is the perfect marker if you don't want to run into problems and have the ability to clean it easily. Although you will have to mech it a bit like changing the asa and the barrel. But overall my recommendation is the empire axe.

Thats amazing man. I really never considered the axe an option. I thought it was like a mini, and i HATED the mini.  I would love to get to shoot one before i buy it, but the thing that amazes me is that you said its just like any high end gun almost. So what upgrades would you recomend. Not trying to shell out 100 on a barrel kit lol.

#12 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

bump

#13 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:34 PM

bump

#14 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

I love an aluminum gun, and the feel of the composite just feels, erm idk, just cheap. I know it has perks like just bending back to its original shape and all if you hit the ground hard, i like metal triggers^, like the ones that come one the new bob longs lol. I like the easy maintainance of the vcom engine and dye's new tool-less bolt removal.  I like the fusion fx's asa, love the macroline unless i can just use the gun without a line, and after that, i really don't know the difference between spool and poppets. I would really like to know the difference on those.

Thats amazing man. I really never considered the axe an option. I thought it was like a mini, and i HATED the mini.  I would love to get to shoot one before i buy it, but the thing that amazes me is that you said its just like any high end gun almost. So what upgrades would you recomend. Not trying to shell out 100 on a barrel kit lol.

In reality if your not playing pro just a barrel since the stock barrel is trash. You can get a cp one piece i think for 30 dollars and at 14 inches it would be set up for tournament play.

Source: Omaha Vicious won psp world cup using empire axe's (challenger divisions which is basically between D1 and Pro)

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#15 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:00 AM

In reality if your not playing pro just a barrel since the stock barrel is trash. You can get a cp one piece i think for 30 dollars and at 14 inches it would be set up for tournament play.

Source: Omaha Vicious won psp world cup using empire axe's (challenger divisions which is basically between D1 and Pro)

Wow. I started looking for used guns online and i found some axes for about 310. They have the LE  black and white , or silver with a cp one piece( what you're talking about). I was wondering if that was a good deal. The website is trademygun.com. Do you know if they are reputable? A guy at my park said he traded with them and liked it, but idk.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:04 AM

trademygun.com is legit. They usually run a booth at PSP events in fact.

#17 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

you dont know how happy i am right now lol. do you think 310 is a good price? I know guns on here are cheaper sometimes, but those don't have a 30 day warranty either lol. And people can still falsely describe your gun.

#18 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:12 AM

you dont know how happy i am right now lol. do you think 310 is a good price? I know guns on here are cheaper sometimes, but those don't have a 30 day warranty either lol. And people can still falsely describe your gun.

300 is the going rate for axes, just make sure you see what it comes with sometimes they only ship you the gun and sometimes they ship you whatever else the guy traded into them had.

Lulzjustacat.png

#19 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:07 PM

300 is the going rate for axes, just make sure you see what it comes with sometimes they only ship you the gun and sometimes they ship you whatever else the guy traded into them had.

Ill make sure to do that. It comes with everything the standard axe came with. They have another axe with a cp barrel but it is beat to shit cosmetically wise. I think the axe is my choice. Now i need to buy some slide shorts and a jersey lol

#20 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:46 PM

Wow. I started looking for used guns online and i found some axes for about 310. They have the LE  black and white , or silver with a cp one piece( what you're talking about). I was wondering if that was a good deal. The website is trademygun.com. Do you know if they are reputable? A guy at my park said he traded with them and liked it, but idk.

I got mine from them lol.

#21 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

Did you have a good experience with them?

#22 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:25 PM

Did you have a good experience with them

The trades part I still dont get, but I bought a used marker from them and it works great!

#23 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:53 PM

The trades part I still dont get, but I bought a used marker from them and it works great!

Good to know . Thanks !

#24 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

At an event or through the mail you can trade your marker to them for credit toward a new gun.

#25 Mike:)

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:00 AM

At an event or through the mail you can trade your marker to them for credit toward a new gun.

I sent them one actually. They still havent responded after three days but eh.

#26 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

I sent them one actually. They still havent responded after three days but eh.

Try calling them. It works alot better than email

#27 KCooke17

KCooke17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

Lol I literally just ordered that gun

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 500, 600, mid, range, planet eclipse, dye, bob long

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users