25 replies to this topic

#1 Justin B.

Justin B.

Damage Control D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:25 PM

Thank You BurningPlaydoh for recommending me the Exalt Thrasher pants and Planet Eclipse pads. They work great and I am very pleased with them. I will be using them tomorrow to practice with some Revo players again to get ready for my tryouts on the 17th. I am very impressed with the quality of all the products you recommended and I am very grateful that I chose what you recommended. Now to the video. I made a video of me trying the pants and pads out so here it is:

PLEASE TURN UP YOUR SOUND and watch in 720P HD!

PAP Family - Damage Control #77

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#2 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

When diving try to keep your gun parallel with your body. If it crosses your body like that you may drop it or hit yourself in the face. Just point the barrel forward. 

Goodluck at your tryouts!

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#3 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 07:34 PM

When diving try to keep your gun parallel with your body. If it crosses your body like that you may drop it or hit yourself in the face. Just point the barrel forward. 

I keep my tank on my arm so that is why the gun crosses my body but I see what your saying. Thanks for the support too! I appreciate it. Also, if anyone can tell me if I'm correct when I say this that would be great, my friend who refs at my field says he wants me to be the guy that is basically a front player but also fills in for the snake, is this called a mid player?

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#4 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,397 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

I keep my tank on my arm so that is why the gun crosses my body but I see what your saying. Thanks for the support too! I appreciate it. Also, if anyone can tell me if I'm correct when I say this that would be great, my friend who refs at my field says he wants me to be the guy that is basically a front player but also fills in for the snake, is this called a mid player?

Pretty sure that is what he means.

RAWR?

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Glad to hear everything worked out! No more double knee slides though please lol. Practice some lateral/pop slides next time you get a chance.

Also it seems your pack is pretty high on your back and your pants are pretty low so I would suggest experimenting with that a bit but do what's comfortable for you.

Good luck at the tryouts, we'll have a good chat next time you're on xbox.

And the position he's referring to would be snake insert which is a mid position.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 08 November 2013 - 10:17 PM.

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:56 PM

Glad to hear everything worked out! No more double knee slides though please lol. Practice some lateral/pop slides next time you get a chance.

Also it seems your pack is pretty high on your back and your pants are pretty low so I would suggest experimenting with that a bit but do what's comfortable for you.

Good luck at the tryouts, we'll have a good chat next time you're on xbox.

And the position he's referring to would be snake insert which is a mid position.

Yea, I just tried the double knee slides to see how the pants and pads worked on an impact like that. I know how to do lateral slides too though. Also, yes, my pack is pretty high and I just didn't fix it. Also, I was asking what position that was because he said that was the position he thinks I would be best at and he told me the positions' name and I just couldn't remember what he called it other than his description of it. Lastly, I hopefully will get on xbox after paintball tomorrow.

- Justin B.

Edited by Justin B., 08 November 2013 - 11:07 PM.

- Cookybiscuit

#7 erg993

erg993

Poke' Baller

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,663 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:38 PM

Wait, wait, wait. You play at Pap?

Feedback

JT Replacement Foam - http://tinyurl.com/kwscalp

#8 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:46 PM

Your in a public place with no netting, not everyone has goggles on. 

If your alone, I dont care, If the gun is off I dont care, if their is no paint within 20 miles of you I dont care. If your gun is incapable of firing paint because a flying spaghetti monster shit inside of it I dont care. 

B A R R E L B A G

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#9 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

Wait, wait, wait. You play at Pap?

Yea, I'll be there today. What do you wear? I'll probably be on the turf most of the day and I'll be running drills to practice for the tryout.

Your in a public place with no netting, not everyone has goggles on. 

If your alone, I dont care, If the gun is off I dont care, if their is no paint within 20 miles of you I dont care. If your gun is incapable of firing paint because a flying spaghetti monster shit inside of it I dont care. 

B A R R E L B A G

Gotcha. I only don't use it to try to make it as realistic as possibly but I will have one on if I do more dives again.

- Cookybiscuit

#10 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'd recommend a barrel bag on anyways if practicing diving. It can help prevent a core sample from being worse.

I like the Exalt pants too, probably the next pants that I will buy. One of few companies that actually includes real belt loops too. This only makes me want them more...if only my old Dye ones would start ripping.

#11 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:52 AM

I'd recommend a barrel bag on anyways if practicing diving. It can help prevent a core sample from being worse.

I like the Exalt pants too, probably the next pants that I will buy. One of few companies that actually includes real belt loops too. This only makes me want them more...if only my old Dye ones would start ripping.

hahaha, yea, the pants are pretty much the most comfortable thing I have ever worn.

EDIT: I'll be gone in a few minutes to go play but I'll tell you guys how everything felt while I played.

Edited by Justin B., 09 November 2013 - 08:52 AM.

- Cookybiscuit

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 10:12 AM

I feel so left out. 

#13 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

Dye makes durable pants, good luck.

Barrel sock!!!!!!!!!

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#14 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:04 PM

Barrel sock!!!!!!!!!

get out.

- Cookybiscuit

#15 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:46 PM

Barrel sock!!!!!!!!!

get out.

Down young one. No need to attack.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#16 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Barrel sock!!!!!!!!!

get out.

Down young one. No need to attack.

I know I need to have my barrel sock but this guy coming in here and repeating it again. There was no need.

- Cookybiscuit

#17 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:16 PM

Barrel sock!!!!!!!!!

Every dye pants I've ever owned has ripped after a year of play, if not less than a year. I still wear them with the rips though. It's just the knees. My knee pads just show through.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#18 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Barrel sock!!!!!!!!!

Every dye pants I've ever owned has ripped after a year of play, if not less than a year. I still wear them with the rips though. It's just the knees. My knee pads just show through.

Really? Mine are holding up super well currently. And a couple of people have told me that they can't get their C7s to rip.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#19 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

I have C10s still and they ripped in the knee area where the thinner material is, between the padded areas. My teammates C9s did the exact same thing too. I still wear them, it's just cosmetic, until they completely rip apart I'll continue to wear them. It's not like they're worthless now. My knee pads still cover my knee anyway.

I also have 4 other pairs of pants, my empires ripped even worse than my dyes, but I also wear them much more often.

I slide a lot too. Which is why most of my pants usually don't last very long I guess lol

---Indiana Baller---

#20 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

Wanna know a secret. Angel Airtimes <3

And I never dive, or run, or slide. I walk with purpose and power. Everyone is too interested in where im going to bother shooting at me before I get there lol. 

#21 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:39 PM

I actually have some old airtime pants still, from like 06 or 07. They're too small on me now, but they have a few tears also lol

---Indiana Baller---

#22 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 06:48 PM

My Exalt Thrashers and Eclipse pads worked great today! The knee pads help a ton and the elbow pads were super nice for snake dives.

- Cookybiscuit

#23 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'd like to make one more small suggestion: pull out your jersey just a bit in the front so only a little bit of the bottom is showing (to be tournament legal). That way you have a bunch in the front that causes bounces for days. Personally, when I practice I don't tuck my jersey or long sleeve in at all, I put my pod pack on my undershirt and my jersey goes over it. Not a big deal, just personal preference. Glad to hear practice went well, keep up the hard work!

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#24 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

I'd like to make one more small suggestion: pull out your jersey just a bit in the front so only a little bit of the bottom is showing (to be tournament legal). That way you have a bunch in the front that causes bounces for days. Personally, when I practice I don't tuck my jersey or long sleeve in at all, I put my pod pack on my undershirt and my jersey goes over it. Not a big deal, just personal preference. Glad to hear practice went well, keep up the hard work!

Actually, I was told this exact thing at the field on Saturday. They told me to put my pack on my undershirt and let the rest hang over my pack in the front and in the back just put it behind your pods touching your back. Just a question though, why is this required in tournaments?

- Cookybiscuit

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,736 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Actually, I was told this exact thing at the field on Saturday. They told me to put my pack on my undershirt and let the rest hang over my pack in the front and in the back just put it behind your pods touching your back. Just a question though, why is this required in tournaments?
If the jersey is tucked in with a bunch below the belt of your pod pack that means a ball could come up underneath that, break and then the ref wouldn't be able to see it. Same reason most tournaments require long sleeves as a ball could go inside the sleeve of a short sleeve and the break would go unnoticed by refs.

On a related note some tournaments require a jersey to be tucked in on the front as just hanging down it is viewed as excessive bag or could be another potential for a ball to slip under. I think the NCPA might require that actually?

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 11 November 2013 - 03:09 PM.

#26 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,373 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:09 PM

If the jersey is tucked in with a bunch below the belt of your pod pack that means a ball could come up underneath that, break and then the ref wouldn't be able to see it. Same reason most tournaments require long sleeves as a ball could go inside the sleeve of a short sleeve and the break would go unnoticed by refs.

Oh, yea. That makes total sense now that I think about it.

- Cookybiscuit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users