• 265 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:14 AM

Etha is now 350 so my list of options

(yes I have my other gear)

Etha

Crossover

G5

Mini

Thats it I am not to interested in the proton but if you guys think it is good enough to be on the list tell me.

#2 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

Ego7, ego8, dm6, dm7, dm8, dm9, droid, pm7, pm8, cyborg, drone, gen3+ intimidator (alias, gen4s, protege, vice), marq6, marq7, closer, rapper, all shockers, axe, quest, legend... etc.

All of these listed, I'd take over any of those... 

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#3 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:30 AM

In other words, the best marker will be a used "super gun".  If you are aiming new, Hustle Paintball has a great video going over the pros and cons of most of what you have listed.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

#4 lealexz

lealexz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

you can buy a used axe fro 320 ro less on ebay,amazon, and craigslist

#5 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:51 AM

the thing is I want new not used...

#6 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:02 PM

Why do you not want a used gun?

#7 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

Fact is, anything you buy new in that price range is complete and utter shit compared to what you can get used in the same price range. You'd be a damn fool to buy a brand new low or mid end marker when you can have a used highend that is much, much better for the price. 

I've owned 65+ markers, all but 3 of them were used. It's by far the best way to go.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#8 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

ok  :wacko:

#9 powerhouse

powerhouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:57 PM

I like the g5 I have one, ive never used or shot any high end markers but I can surely say the g5 is very reliable and accurate even with the stock barrel.

#10 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:21 PM

^Well higher end markers are very nice to hold, and most certainly feel like luxury.

Also, as the G5 may be a very good marker for its price point, the stock barrel, nor any other barrel that isn't dented up or improperly honed/scratched, is no more or less accurate than another. You must've been shooting very good paint more likely.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#11 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:23 AM

Fact is, anything you buy new in that price range is complete and utter shit compared to what you can get used in the same price range. You'd be a damn fool to buy a brand new low or mid end marker when you can have a used highend that is much, much better for the price. 

I've owned 65+ markers, all but 3 of them were used. It's by far the best way to go.

I think buying new is perfectly reasonable sometimes. If you don't have experience working on markers. If you don't have experience judging how good or bad a used marker is. If you don't have access to tools. If you're not mechanically inclined. If you aren't interested in the inner workings of your equipment and just want to play. If you don't have experience doing deals with strangers, either in person or online. If you're a kid and your parents don't want to get involved with PayPal, etc. I'm not saying any of that applies to the OP, but if I'm doing the math right on the birth date in his profile, he's 12. If he doesn't feel comfortable buying a used marker, I can't say I blame him. It's been a long time since I've bought new, and who knows if I'll ever do it again (well, there's probably a new CCM in my future at some point...), but I'm a business savvy, mechanically not inept, grown ass man with a basement full of guns and tools. I can understand someone else wanting a new gun, with a warranty, and a reasonable expectation that it will work perfectly out of the box.

And let's put "utter shit" in perspective. I still have the PMR I bought new in 2008 and it shoots great. Is it "worse" than the used superguns I've bought since? Absolutely, in a feature by feature comparison. But I can still give it to one of my kids or a buddy for a day, and they'll have a great time shooting 300 feet per second every time they pull the trigger.

TL;DR: Buying new isn't the worst thing in the world. Sometimes it makes sense.

#12 powerhouse

powerhouse

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 11:49 PM

^ I totally agree

#13 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 10:38 PM

Me too, although buying used is better, you always feel more comfortable buying new, plus you get the feeling of opening the box lol
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#14 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 12:40 PM

No one has ever said buying new is a terrible decision, but greater negatives when going used imo.

1. Most of the time you won't get your moneys worth compared to used. Ex: Would you rather had a G5 or a DM9/10, V1 Vic, Ego 9, Vice, Marq, etc

2. After buying new, you can never sell it for what you paid if you actually opened the box.

3. Not all brand new markers work brand new, the upside is the warranty (as long as you haven't voided it)

Once you've owned one or two markers and have stayed active on the forums id say most people are inclined to know how to operate, service, and troubleshoot their guns.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users