12 replies to this topic

#1 conorq12

conorq12

Are those my balls on your face?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:53 AM

hey, i have a 2011 proto rail with a 14 inch cp barrel. i have been considering buying the techt barrel insert kit. it comes with a two inch barrel back which would make my barrel 16 inches long! i play speedball and 16 inches seems way to long for a speedball barrel. what do you guys think?

lg_ICU%20Paintball%20logo.jpg
ICU Paintball
DMPP
Des Moines, Iowa
DSM Detox

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

i say do what you want. 16 inches isnt unheard of but people will notice, Also why are you getting TechT barrel inserts?

#3 conorq12

conorq12

Are those my balls on your face?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

why are you getting TechT barrel inserts?

because the freak inserts are way to big and you can only use them on freak barrels.

lg_ICU%20Paintball%20logo.jpg
ICU Paintball
DMPP
Des Moines, Iowa
DSM Detox

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:31 PM

because the freak inserts are way to big and you can only use them on freak barrels.

That answers why you are NOT getting the Freak barrel but not why you're getting the Techt. What do you hope to gain from it?

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,334 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

the bigger the better. The control bore on the Ifit is completely useless.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:41 PM

I've played with plenty of barrels from 10-16 inches. None of them have much effect on my play. Get whichever length you feel like. If you think you don't like playing with a 16, then don't.

The control bore on the TechT kits is significantly shorter than the distance that a paintball actually accelerates. The kit is unideal.

#7 ImpulseTECH

ImpulseTECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:05 AM

I seem to be more accurate with 14". Compared to shorter leagths. Also a larger control bore is always better.

#8 Lyxtwing

Lyxtwing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:42 AM

16" is not to long, especially for manipulating bunkers.  That said, the iFit won't actually do you much good.  Save the money for paint if a 14" is doing you fine.

If you must buy a barrel, what bore is your CP?  If you want something with a smaller bore, grab a lurker.  If you are looking for a larger bore a 14" proto is $20. A freak sets you up for anything, but if you're not looking to spend the money pick one and commit. 

Edit: Just checked again and I guess it's $35 for a proto in cocker threading.  In that case, get a lurker either way.

Edited by Lyxtwing, 11 November 2013 - 01:49 AM.

You're not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your fucking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

PM8 I Alias I Marq 6 I A4 Fly I E1 I eNMey I Hammer 7

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:15 AM

I seem to be more accurate with 14". Compared to shorter leagths. Also a larger control bore is always better.

Ha barrel length has NOTHING to do with accuracy.

#10 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,471 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:58 AM

I rocked a 16 for a while and honestly didnt notice the difference from the 14 that much. I still prefer 14 when buying a barrel, but nothing is wrong with a 16.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#11 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:00 PM

Barrel length really only determines how easily you can manuever the barrell around obsticals. For inflatables, sure a longer barrel is great. You can tuck in and still get clearance for a shot. In the woods maybe not so much as the "bunkers" usually are more ridgid. Barrel length is more about preference than anything else.

#12 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:45 PM

When I play back or dioritos I use a 16 when I go into snake or a position where I feel as if im going to have an intimate relationship with the ground and tight spaces I use a 14. I prefer the 16 for standups and doritos because of how easy it is to manipulate the bunkers especially when they are slightly lower on air. You can really use it to wrap around and push down on them. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#13 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:36 PM

Ha barrel length has NOTHING to do with accuracy.

'I seem to be' implies he benefits from the better pointing ability, it doesn't say 'you will be'.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users