17 replies to this topic

#1 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:17 PM

So I just got back from my first game of speedball which was at boston paintball. Their proshop, service, and fields are excellent. It also cost 85 bucks for entry and a case of evil. Now this "evil" is CERTAINLY not legitement evil. I barely got any breaks when the paint actually managed to hit something because it had an enormous amount of dimples. This paint seems to just be white box with an e printed on it put into evil boxes. I've also heard from multiple people that they've seen reffs PICKING UP PAINT from the field and reusing it. I can't believe that they're charging this much for fucking bucketball paint.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#2 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

talk to the field manager about it next time you go
also check the next case of paint you get there, if its dimpled, misshaped, not factory sealed or in any other way not how it should be, show it to one of the staff members 
hopefully they can do something about it

#3 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:12 PM

From what I hear the field manager is really defensive when people ask about the paint
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#4 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

it still doesn't hurt to ask
and if the field manager isn't being cooperative then talk to another staff member who isn't a reff about it
maybe ask when their last shipment of paint came in and who their paint supplier is

#5 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

Alright, i know one of the guys who works in the proshop personally so I'll probably just ask him next time I play

#6 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

I'd never go back to that dump. They wouldn't be defensive about their paint unless their paint REQUIRED defending because it is bullshit.

Let's say this wasn't paintball. You are a customer that is disrespected and overcharged...would you return then? Why is this different?

#7 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,590 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:34 AM

I'd never go back to that dump. They wouldn't be defensive about their paint unless their paint REQUIRED defending because it is bullshit.

Let's say this wasn't paintball. You are a customer that is disrespected and overcharged...would you return then? Why is this different?

Only indoor fields in the area. If you want to play in the winter, they're pretty much the only game in town.

#8 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:36 PM

Just ask T2 for a fresh case if he is around. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#9 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:39 PM

Just ask T2 for a fresh case if he is around.

Who's T2? I don't know really that many people there since it was my first time at the field.

#10 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:59 PM

T2 is Anthony Dambrosio head tech. Works the proshop. Designed and tuned the twister lv1. Yea that guy.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#11 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 08:19 AM

T2 is Anthony Dambrosio head tech. Works the proshop. Designed and tuned the twister lv1. Yea that guy.

Oh, thanks. I just think that it's funny how he pointed out in the case where it said, "It's not the paint that sucks, it's the player" which is pretty much the opposite.

#12 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 12:19 PM

I know most of the Reffs at BP. I do know they re use paint after its been kicking around in rental guns after they have been turned in, But that is used to chrono the rentals after they clean them. As for reffs at the indoor field talk to Paul (tall skinny black guy) Boobie (Tallish not so skinny white guy with reddish hair) Jared: (Short black guy) or Brandon: (Skinny white guy with black hair.)

Edited by bigx, 11 November 2013 - 03:30 PM.

#13 TeeTwo

TeeTwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

So I just got back from my first game of speedball which was at boston paintball. Their proshop, service, and fields are excellent. It also cost 85 bucks for entry and a case of evil. Now this "evil" is CERTAINLY not legitement evil. I barely got any breaks when the paint actually managed to hit something because it had an enormous amount of dimples. This paint seems to just be white box with an e printed on it put into evil boxes. I've also heard from multiple people that they've seen reffs PICKING UP PAINT from the field and reusing it. I can't believe that they're charging this much for fucking bucketball paint.

Hey Ultimatefinn (I wish I had a real name to address you properly) -

My name is Anthony D'Ambrosio (aka T2), I am one of the managers here at Boston Paintball Indoor. I'm sorry that your first experience did not meet your expectations, I assure you that we strive to give every player the best experience possible and any time we fall short of that is considered a failure in our eyes and we address them each as a unique situation. Reading through your initial complaint and some of the hearsay amoungst the posts I felt the need to personally clear things up for you and some of the other posters.

I was not working the weekend in question, however there are a few misconceptions about our facility that I commonly hear on a consistent basis and I think the answers to those questions should clear just about everything up.

Starting from the very top.... Our field paint is indeed RPS Evil grade, made by Empire/KEE using field protected white fill and the same "virgin shell" used in tournament grade paint. We use Evil because frankly it provides the best experience to our customers and thanks to the fragmentation of the shell allows for easy clean up of the custom fill at the end of the night for our crew. I'm sorry that the paint did not shoot up to your expectations, when an issue arose with it you could have simply brought it to the attention of the manager on duty (in the shop) and it would have been addressed that very moment. 

Secondly... Picking up paint of off the ground is pure idiocy, (with the exception of rental players that simply do not know any better) using that logic.... why would our staff pick used paint off the ground and put it back into a rental marker? That paint will only break in the next rental gun and force said employee to spend 20 minutes to properly clean the marker, why would we create more work for ourselves? hahah. We have a contracted cleaning crew, that cleans our field during off-hours, all shot paint is shoveled directly into the dumpster, plain and simple. There is a separation between the Registration window and our field staff to ensure only fresh paint is kept in the front of the house. 

Next up.... Cost (I will simply site a previous post I personally addressed on PBN)

We have been operating as an indoor playing facility for 21 years and still going strong (in the time we have been in business 15 indoor fields within 100 miles of our locations have opened and closed... 100% factual information FYI), this is due to a couple of factors:

- Our main indoor field is located 5 minutes outside of downtown Boston... did I mention it is 55,000 sq/ft & air conditioned/heated? (rent is not cheap in Boston, let alone for a building of our size)
- 38,000 sq/ft on our location is high-grade turf (also not cheap to purchase or maintain)
- We use Ultra-Evil paint w/ a custom fill, not to "jack up" the price but to guarantee the paint will clean up easily and will perform better than the bottom of the barrel scrap paint that 80% of the outdoor fields offer their customers.
- We employ a staff of 30 Referees and 10 Full time salaried employees. 
- You can play paintball 7 DAYS A WEEK until 10PM on most nights.
- We offer discounted paint on Wednesday nights and have for 15 years (you obviously do not take advantage of this promotion) and free clinics once a month to help improve your game.
- We PAY a dedicated cleaning crew to clean the field 4 nights a week (every shell, every ball, every bunker, viewing windows, as well as a $10,000 "jamboni" to lift the oil/paint from the turf) 

Compared to other indoor facilities around the country we are actually fairly priced.... let's compare shall we? (all numbers based 100% of individual field's website information)

Boston Paintball Central 
Entry/Air/Case of Evil (MAP 74.95) - $80.59 + tax

PB Plex - Indiana 
Entry/Air - $15 / Case (GI 3-Star) - $75 + tax

PB Explosion - Illinois 
Entry/Air $18 / Case (DXS) - $85 = $103 + tax

West World PB - Arizona
Entry $25 / Air $5 / Case (Marb) $55 = $85 + tax

GatSplat - Texas
Entry/Air/Case (unknown paint) - $85 + tax

Chicago Land PB - Illinois 
Entry $10 / Air $5 / Case (RPS Brand) $90 = $105 + tax

Air Assault -Minnesota 
Entry $20 / Air $5 / 500rnds $20 (X4) - $80 = $105 +tax

All of these fields are similar in size and location to a major metropolitan area. 

The consumer does not look at the cost of operating, cleaning and maintaining a high-end indoor facility. This is where indoor fields fail and die, offering "BYOP" nights and catering to tournament players, while sometimes helpful, can kill your business as the cost to the consumer must be a fixed formula to keep the facility afloat and continue to provide a great experience to all players.

Finally..... I want to personally invite you back this weekend, I will be the manager on duty all SAT/SUN. If you decide to give us another shot I'll personally pay for your Entry & Air Fills and swap out any left over paint you had from last weekend. Give me a call at the shop: 617.941.0123 ext.0

I'll just leave you with this.... We've been in business for 21 years, we have heard our shared of "unconfirmed rumors" and people that have heard "things" from "unconfirmed sources" about our business practices. Most of these items are simply issues that nobody bothered to bring to our attention, you cannot fix a problem if it is not known.

Thank you for your time,

Anthony D'Ambrosio 

Edited by TeeTwo, 11 November 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#14 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hey Ultimatefinn (I wish I had a real name to address you properly) -

My name is Anthony D'Ambrosio (aka T2), I am one of the managers here at Boston Paintball Indoor. I'm sorry that your first experience did not meet your expectations, I assure you that we strive to give every player the best experience possible and any time we fall short of that is considered a failure in our eyes and we address them each as a unique situation. Reading through your initial complaint and some of the hearsay amoungst the posts I felt the need to personally clear things up for you and some of the other posters.

I was not working the weekend in question, however there are a few misconceptions about our facility that I commonly hear on a consistent basis and I think the answers to those questions should clear just about everything up.

Starting from the very top.... Our field paint is indeed RPS Evil grade, made by Empire/KEE using field protected white fill and the same "virgin shell" used in tournament grade paint. We use Evil because frankly it provides the best experience to our customers and thanks to the fragmentation of the shell allows for easy clean up of the custom fill at the end of the night for our crew. I'm sorry that the paint did not shoot up to your expectations, when an issue arose with it you could have simply brought it to the attention of the manager on duty (in the shop) and it would have been addressed that very moment. 

Secondly... Picking up paint of off the ground is pure idiocy, (with the exception of rental players that simply do not know any better) using that logic.... why would our staff pick used paint off the ground and put it back into a rental marker? That paint will only break in the next rental gun and force said employee to spend 20 minutes to properly clean the marker, why would we create more work for ourselves? hahah. We have a contracted cleaning crew, that cleans our field during off-hours, all shot paint is shoveled directly into the dumpster, plain and simple. There is a separation between the Registration window and our field staff to ensure only fresh paint is kept in the front of the house. 

Next up.... Cost (I will simply site a previous post I personally addressed on PBN)

We have been operating as an indoor playing facility for 21 years and still going strong (in the time we have been in business 15 indoor fields within 100 miles of our locations have opened and closed... 100% factual information FYI), this is due to a couple of factors:[/size]- Our main indoor field is located 5 minutes outside of downtown [/size]Boston[/size]... did I mention it is 55,000 sq/ft & air conditioned/heated? (rent is not cheap in [/size]Boston[/size], let alone for a building of our size)[/size]- 38,000 sq/ft on our location is high-grade turf (also not cheap to purchase or maintain)[/size]- We use Ultra-Evil paint w/ a custom fill, not to "jack up" the price but to guarantee the paint will clean up easily and will perform better than the bottom of the barrel scrap paint that 80% of the outdoor fields offer their customers.[/size]- We employ a staff of 30 Referees and 10 Full time salaried employees. [/size]- You can play [/size]paintball[/size] 7 DAYS A WEEK until 10PM on most nights.[/size]- We offer discounted paint on Wednesday nights and have for 15 years (you obviously do not take advantage of this promotion) and free clinics once a month to help improve your game.[/size]- We PAY a dedicated cleaning crew to clean the field 4 nights a week (every shell, every ball, every bunker, viewing windows, as well as a $10,000 "jamboni" to lift the oil/paint from the turf) [/size]Compared to other indoor facilities around the country we are actually fairly priced.... let's compare shall we? (all numbers based 100% of individual field's website information)[/size]Boston[/size] [/size]Paintball[/size] Central [/size]Entry/Air/Case of Evil (MAP 74.95) - $80.59 + tax[/size]PB Plex - Indiana [/size]Entry/Air - $15 / Case (GI 3-Star) - $75 + tax[/size]PB Explosion - Illinois [/size]Entry/Air $18 / Case (DXS) - $85 = $103 + tax[/size]West World PB - Arizona[/size]Entry $25 / Air $5 / Case (Marb) $55 = $85 + tax[/size]GatSplat - Texas[/size]Entry/Air/Case (unknown paint) - $85 + tax[/size]Chicago Land PB - Illinois [/size]Entry $10 / Air $5 / Case (RPS Brand) $90 = $105 + tax[/size]Air Assault -Minnesota [/size]Entry $20 / Air $5 / 500rnds $20 (X4) - $80 = $105 +tax[/size]All of these fields are similar in size and location to a major metropolitan area. [/size]The consumer does not look at the cost of operating, cleaning and maintaining a high-end indoor facility. This is where indoor fields fail and die, offering "BYOP" nights and catering to tournament players, while sometimes helpful, can kill your business as the cost to the consumer must be a fixed formula to keep the facility afloat and continue to provide a great experience to all players.[/size]

Finally..... I want to personally invite you back this weekend, I will be the manager on duty all SAT/SUN. If you decide to give us another shot I'll personally pay for your Entry & Air Fills and swap out any left over paint you had from last weekend. Give me a call at the shop: 617.941.0123 ext.0

I'll just leave you with this.... We've been in business for 21 years, we have heard our shared of "unconfirmed rumors" and people that have heard "things" from "unconfirmed sources" about our business practices. Most of these items are simply issues that nobody bothered to bring to our attention, you cannot fix a problem if it is not known.

Thank you for your time,
Anthony D'Ambrosio
I am very greatful for your response. It's really hard to see fields these days actually interacting with their customers. I apologize for souding so unprofessional in my post as it was never intended to be seen by a worker at Boston Paintball. I was simply upset about the paint, and I hope it did not offend you or any of your coworkers. Thank you for clearing up the picking paint off the ground situation, as it was not confirmed but I did hear it from the four other people I was playing with. I will alert the to their misunderstandings. I guess that the paint I got was just a bad batch as evil does have them sometimes. Your response and offer is greatly appreciated and I hope you have a good day.
Sincerely,
Daniel Finn

#15 TeeTwo

TeeTwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I am very greatful for your response. It's really hard to see fields these days actually interacting with their customers. I apologize for souding so unprofessional in my post as it was never intended to be seen by a worker at Boston Paintball. I was simply upset about the paint, and I hope it did not offend you or any of your coworkers. Thank you for clearing up the picking paint off the ground situation, as it was not confirmed but I did hear it from the four other people I was playing with. I will alert the to their misunderstandings. I guess that the paint I got was just a bad batch as evil does have them sometimes. Your response and offer is greatly appreciated and I hope you have a good day.
Sincerely,
Daniel Finn

Dan -

Misunderstandings happen,  no big deal and no hard feelings. The offer on my end still stands however, if you want to come out and play at our facility.

Have a great day.

#16 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Just to clarify, will you be the manager this weekend (today) or the next one?

#17 TeeTwo

TeeTwo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

I work every other weekend, I will leave instruction for the other managers on the off chance you pop by when I am not here.

#18 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

I work every other weekend, I will leave instruction for the other managers on the off chance you pop by when I am not here.
Ok, thank you again for your response.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users