No replies to this topic

#1 Woodyballer29

Woodyballer29

Brass Eagle Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:58 AM

Hey guys I know I don't post a lot on here anymore but I would still like some advice from a community. I'm looking for a new laptop, mostly for multimedia and gaming, and one that doesn't look half bad either. Games that I would like to run at fairly decent settings include, Minecraft, Guild Wars 2, Skyrim, and for the more demanding games, BF3/4, Crysis 3, and possibly Metro. My price range is a bit tight for what I'm looking for, I would like something under $1000. I've looked at lots of laptops from Hp, Asus, Acer, and Toshiba but nothing stuck with me. Until I looked at Lenovo. The Lenovo Y510p for $949 (after online discounts from their website) comes with a 1920x1080 hd screen, 4th gen intel core i7 4700mq, Nvidia Gt750m, 1TB 5400rpm hard drive, and a 24gb ssd cache. Now I really fell in love with it when I heard that it has the ultrabay which I can add a second gt750m, or other accessories later. I've heard lots of mixed reports about Lenovo ranging from Customer Service, Marketing Products incorrectly, and a few other things. 

So basically I'm asking you guys if there is anything out there that I can get for better at that price point that has more stability in reports from the company and their procucts while providing the same level of performance that the Lenovo has.  I was planning on buying a second Gt750m soon after to improve gaming performance on games that really demand it like BF3 and Crysis 3. I was also wondering if it was worth an extra $50 for the 24gb ssd cache. Oh and the backlit keyboard is another big plus on the Lenovo.

Thanks guys!

Added note: Here is a link to the laptop http://shop.lenovo.c...y-series/y510p/

Edited by Woodyballer29, 10 November 2013 - 10:31 PM.

I have and I always will be a Christian Baller.
My setup: Because I'm a bad*** Tippmann 98 custom with a shake and bake and two 20oz C02 tanks. Be jelly!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users