Photo

Best way to snap shoot accurately and quickly?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

What is the best way to snap shoot with accuracy and speed? I drill alot, and I was wondering if the russian legion way of tilting out our the normal way of going straight out

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

RL method is far and away the best IMO. Make sure your feet dont move AT ALL when snapping, try to keep your hips/waist from moving as well, and make sure you dont resest your gun/aimpoint when you tuck back into your bunker as that means you have to reaquire your aim point the next time you snap out. Use your obliques to tilt the upper half of your body. At the Jrab clinic I attended he told us one way the Russians had him practice was to sit in a chair and practice the movement and form and to focus on not moving his feet.

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,156 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:00 PM

Practice. There really is no magical way of doing it. Strengthen your core, and practice.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Practice. There really is no magical way of doing it. Strengthen your core, and practice.

I know practicing, but im talking about more of technique, like which exposes less etc, I guess I asked my question wrong

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:12 PM

Perfect practice makes perfect. Without knowing the techniques you can't improve your mastery of them and risk getting yourself into bad habits.

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 03:15 PM

I know practicing, but im talking about more of technique, like which exposes less etc, I guess I asked my question wrong

Its good you mentioned which exposes less profile as that is one of the advantages of the RL method. When you slide your whole upper body sideways using your legs your elbow is the first thing showing. This provides a split second of warning to your opponent and lets them time their shot better. When you tilt out with proper form your barrel and eye should be the first thing showing preventing your opponent from gaining the advantage of anticipating when you're snapping.

#7 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 04:15 PM

Its good you mentioned which exposes less profile as that is one of the advantages of the RL method. When you slide your whole upper body sideways using your legs your elbow is the first thing showing. This provides a split second of warning to your opponent and lets them time their shot better. When you tilt out with proper form your barrel and eye should be the first thing showing preventing your opponent from gaining the advantage of anticipating when you're snapping.

Thanks for all your help today! I will practice the RL method religiously!

#8 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 02:20 AM

So I've been snap shooting wrong? I use my opposing foot to boost me in and out of the bunker.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#9 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:23 AM

Do whatever your more comfortable wih and better at.

Ohio Raiders 

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

No. What you are more comfotable or better at could just be a bad habit. I know due to training from football many players cross their legs while running amd gunning. This makes you very inaccurate but some people are more comfortable doing it.

So I've been snap shooting wrong? I use my opposing foot to boost me in and out of the bunker.

According to Rabackoff and the Russians among other people that use this method, yes. And frankly they know a hell of a lot more than anyone on this forum or at most of our local fields.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 13 November 2013 - 11:08 AM.

#11 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,509 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Is there some sort of video showcasing this? Cause I need to start learning. One if our assistant coaches was some guy from infamous and that's how he taught us.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 07:12 PM

Infamous is a bunch of old school so cal and midwest guys so that doesn't surprise me. At the clinc Jrab told us although people can become very proficient with the other method explained that the RL method has a much higher ceiling of performance.

#13 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

Infamous is a bunch of old school so cal and midwest guys so that doesn't surprise me. At the clinc Jrab told us although people can become very proficient with the other method explained that the RL method has a much higher ceiling of performance.

Of course a player on a pro team is going to boast that their method is the best way of doing things.. It doesn't actually mean it is the best.

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:27 PM

Of course a player on a pro team is going to boast that their method is the best way of doing things.. It doesn't actually mean it is the best.

It wasnt "boasting". He explained and demonstrated how it requires less effort to merely tilt your upper body vs moving the full weight of your body laterally. Also with this method your barrel is the forst thing out of the bunker. With pushing off with your foot your elbow comes out first which when against a proficient snapshooter will give them a split second of warning. After practicing this method for a while everyone there saw IMMEDIATE improvements. Not only that but Rabackoff doesn't play for RL anymore nor are RL (or Impact) the only pro players using this method. Watch the webcast and some raw footage of PSP events amd you'll see plenty of pro and high level div. players doing this.

#15 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

No. What you are more comfotable or better at could just be a bad habit. I know due to training from football many players cross their legs while running amd gunning. This makes you very inaccurate but some people are more comfortable doing it.

According to Rabackoff and the Russians among other people that use this method, yes. And frankly they know a hell of a lot more than anyone on this forum or at most of our local fields.
So your telling me that just because the RL method is supposably better I should do it even though it totally throws off your balance. Given that we are contrasting 2 methods if you do one because you feel more comfortable then your most likely to not be as accurate and fast.

Oh and Dynasty practices the method that involves using there legs. And frankly they must know a lot more than anyone on this forum. Oh yeah... So how many events has dynasty won over RL again? Just saying.

Edited by epic woodsballer, 13 November 2013 - 09:12 PM.

Ohio Raiders 

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:50 PM

So your telling me that just because the RL method is supposably better I should do it even though it totally throws off your balance. Given that we are contrasting 2 methods if you do one because you feel more comfortable then your most likely to not be as accurate and fast.

Oh and Dynasty practices the method that involves using there legs. And frankly they must know a lot more than anyone on this forum. Oh yeah... So how many events has dynasty won over RL again? Just saying.
If you have a proper power stance it won't put you off balance. RL has won more PSP events in the recent period than any other team beating Dynasty at plenty of those. So that point is irrelevant not only because of that but because there are FAR more variables that go into winning an event than juat gunfighting skills and techniques.

I shoot clay trap with shotguns as well and there are plenty of aspects to proper form and technique that may not be "comfortable" at first compared to what your body naturally prefers but that doesnt mean the "proper" form won't be superior with practice and coaching.

How do you even know if what you think the RL method is actually correct?

Also I believe if you watch Ryan Greenspan's video on playi g your bunker Tyler Harmon doesn't thrust himself in amd out of his bunker with his foot.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 13 November 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#17 epic woodsballer

epic woodsballer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Just admit it... One way isn't always a fit for everyone that's what I'm trying to say.

Ohio Raiders 

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,329 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:17 PM

Just admit it... One way isn't always a fit for everyone that's what I'm trying to say.

If we were talking about gear I would completely agree but what you said is in no way a universally accepted truth. Lots of things are more "comfortable" or people are more used to it. That really means nothing.

#19 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

Is there some sort of video showcasing this? Cause I need to start learning. One if our assistant coaches was some guy from infamous and that's how he taught us.

here is the one on snap shooting, RL style. He learned this technique from the Russians

#20 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:00 AM

Nice.

#21 michael_mnm

michael_mnm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:19 PM

personally i get as close to the edge of the bunker and i pull my gun out by just tilting my head out alittle and having the gun be there as fast as you can but i basically put the barrel in the bunker ( not straight, tilted in) and quickly pull out

If your under 18 and pay for your own stuff put this as your signature

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users