Photo

"Pop Slides" and a question about bunkers.

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:36 PM

Ok so here is a video I made of me practicing some "Pop Slides". If anyone can give me some tips that would be great because I have tryouts this Sunday, the 17th!

Please watch in 720P HD and TURN UP YOUR SOUND!

Now onto the question. I need to know more names for some of the bunkers such as cans and things. I already understand how the numbering system works but say I have a guy at the farthest away can, I don't here people say C1 and I hear people call things out such as "god" and they told me that was snake insert but I don't really know where that is. If someone could get me a top field view of say the 2013 PSP World Cup Layout and label all the bunkers, that would be great.

I really need to know this before the tryout so any help will be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Justin B.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#2 Shonz-On

Shonz-On

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:48 PM

tho i didnt post in your previous thread..
inb4 "you remembered the barrel condom"

#3 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:52 PM

Just something to remember is that in the field you will most likely be sliding a little farther. You might want to set up something that resembles a bunker (trash barrel) and then try to slide into that. That way you can actually work on sliding distance instead of just the slides themselves.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#4 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:53 PM

Just something to remember is that in the field you will most likely be sliding a little farther. You might want to set up something that resembles a bunker (trash barrel) and then try to slide into that. That way you can actually work on sliding distance instead of just the slides themselves.

Ok, I will definitely try that tomorrow! Any tips help!

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#5 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

check out Ryan Greenspan's video

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:20 PM

check out Ryan Greenspan's video

Just watched it. I'm subbed to him and I forgot that he made a video on it. Much appreciated!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:29 PM

Snake insert is the aztec or mini race (small trapezoid) right before the snake. Most teams have unique callouts for certain postions on the field. If you're playing with people you don't know or don't share calls with just say something like "left 30 can" for bunkers that don't have a specific name like "D1" or "snake corner".

#8 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Cool, thanks Playdoh!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#9 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:46 PM

Pop up slides. Ahh baseball fond memories ehh. 

Trick to a good pop up slide is to keep yourself in control, go in hot and fast and when you use your momentum to force yourself up dont catapult yourself past where you want to go. Its simply a matter of timing and practice. The foot you lead with will be the key. Good cleats are your friend, that will be your lever to boost yourself upright. From there its a matter of keeping your gun up and not going all catapult fail slide past your bunker. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

It will be easier on turf than on grass and that is a fact. Go in hot, get that knee down then pop up when you start losing the momentum or when you reach your destination point. Good luck.

#11 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:43 PM

Thanks guys!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#12 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:16 PM

Wanna know another secret. BIG BIG BIG secret when your at the tryout. Always keep your area in the pit organized, keep pods loaded up, dont waste time and dont goof around. Be friendly and eager to learn, do more listening than talking and do everything at %100.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#13 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:48 PM

Wanna know another secret. BIG BIG BIG secret when your at the tryout. Always keep your area in the pit organized, keep pods loaded up, dont waste time and dont goof around. Be friendly and eager to learn, do more listening than talking and do everything at %100.

I will do so!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#14 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 03:58 PM

^^^  This can not be a truer statement. You can overlook lack of skill or experience for someone that has good work ethics!

#15 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:23 PM

^^^  This can not be a truer statement. You can overlook lack of skill or experience for someone that has good work ethics!

Ok, I usually keep my stuff pretty organized because I'm kinda OCD so that shouldn't be too hard and I am always willing to learn from people who are better or just plain know more than me.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#16 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 08:17 PM

I just finished editing and uploading a new video of me doing Pop Slides using the Ryan Greenspan technique (recommended by P.A.N.).

Please watch in 720P HD and TURN UP YOUR SOUND!

Edited by Justin B., 14 November 2013 - 08:47 PM.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#17 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:17 PM

Someone give this kid a cookie. you work too damn hard.

#18 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

I've practiced every single day and worked out every single day for almost 2 weeks now, so yea, I guess you could say that. I'll tell you what, if I go to that tryout (which I will), there is no way I will let myself fail and not make that team. I HAVE NO QUIT IN ME.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#19 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

I've practiced every single day and worked out every single day for almost 2 weeks now, so yea, I guess you could say that. I'll tell you what, if I go to that tryout (which I will), there is no way I will let myself fail and not make that team. I HAVE NO QUIT IN ME.

Your starting to impress me. keep up the good stuff.

RAWR?

#20 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

Your starting to impress me. keep up the good stuff.

Thanks!

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#21 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

The primary issue is you wont be running sideways to your bunker you will almost be running at an angle. How you will slide depends on the position. How your running i take it you will be playing the Weasel's (Doirto's) or Snake insert; some sort of front position. There are 2 ways to get to your bunker running and shooting or just straight there depending on the field layout and the lanes being thrown at you. First way running and shooting; you want to run with your torso at a 45 degree angle facing the field and throwing paint where the other players will run. When you go for the slide your body won't be square like in the video but at an angle so what you can do is use your angular momentum by putting one hand on the floor to turn yourself around and push yourself up until you are square with your bunker and when you pop up you will be positioned to lane or control a lane.The other way if your going direct no matter where you want to go; do a superman into the bunker to get there as fast as possible due to the approximate 2 seconds for a ball to reach the other side of a regulation size field so with a superman slide after running is necessary to get there safely.If you are trying out for a team that intends to go to big events I would advise reading up on bunker names through google. The variations for bunker names will be dorito and weasel = same thing back bunkers like back dorito will be 100 200 300 400 and 500 from left to right and the pop ups on the snake without bunkers could be called race instead of an additional snake.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#22 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

The primary issue is you wont be running sideways to your bunker you will almost be running at an angle. How you will slide depends on the position. How your running i take it you will be playing the Weasel's (Doirto's) or Snake insert; some sort of front position. There are 2 ways to get to your bunker running and shooting or just straight there depending on the field layout and the lanes being thrown at you. First way running and shooting; you want to run with your torso at a 45 degree angle facing the field and throwing paint where the other players will run. When you go for the slide your body won't be square like in the video but at an angle so what you can do is use your angular momentum by putting one hand on the floor to turn yourself around and push yourself up until you are square with your bunker and when you pop up you will be positioned to lane or control a lane.The other way if your going direct no matter where you want to go; do a superman into the bunker to get there as fast as possible due to the approximate 2 seconds for a ball to reach the other side of a regulation size field so with a superman slide after running is necessary to get there safely.If you are trying out for a team that intends to go to big events I would advise reading up on bunker names through google. The variations for bunker names will be dorito and weasel = same thing back bunkers like back dorito will be 100 200 300 400 and 500 from left to right and the pop ups on the snake without bunkers could be called race instead of an additional snake.

Ok, thanks for the info. I know how I would be sliding if I'm going to play front position and a lot of the time I just don't make a video of those slides. Also, the team will not be playing big events/national events. We would be competing in the D4 EPL tournament series. Lastly, are you a Pro player? I noticed you made your member title professional so that is why I'm wondering.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#23 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:09 PM

Super slide over a superman OTB unless you are going basically straght forward.

Lt. Blood where do you play? I'm juzt curious as I've only ever heard weasel used as a kill count, a pretty common one at that.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 14 November 2013 - 10:14 PM.

#24 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 10:41 PM

Ok, thanks for the info. I know how I would be sliding if I'm going to play front position and a lot of the time I just don't make a video of those slides. Also, the team will not be playing big events/national events. We would be competing in the D4 EPL tournament series. Lastly, are you a Pro player? I noticed you made your member title professional so that is why I'm wondering.

I'm playing D4 at the moment; have played up to D2. When i lived in the states I used to practice with teams like Miami Rage back in the day when they were big. D4 irregardless of the region is tough now a days from the level I'm seeing at psp compared to back in the day in the nppl and post 2010 psp. I would not make a big deal out of practicing pop slides since they should never be used. Supermans; circular momentum slides and just running inside should be all you need for front bunkers depending on the layout.

I used to play at cfp and medley in the states but recently I moved to central america for university and work so im playing down in Panama; we have one field and about 4 teams but the level over here is relatively high due to the frequent practice we get with Venezuelan and Colombian teams including teams which have topped at events.

Edited by Lt. Blood, 14 November 2013 - 10:44 PM.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#25 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:09 AM

OTB isnt the only time to slide though. If you someone dropped a lane and you're moving laterally pop slides do a great job of stopping your momentum quick.

Justin another thing you can try is the super slide which is basically a pop slide with some forward momentum but you slide on your hips and zsomach instead of your knees/thighs. Lets you bring your gun up and gain dominance over your mirror much quicker than a superman but gets you lower to the ground (therefore smaller profile AND more likely to have a lane just go over you) than a pop up.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 15 November 2013 - 01:11 AM.

#26 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:35 AM

OTB isnt the only time to slide though. If you someone dropped a lane and you're moving laterally pop slides do a great job of stopping your momentum quick.

Justin another thing you can try is the super slide which is basically a pop slide with some forward momentum but you slide on your hips and zsomach instead of your knees/thighs. Lets you bring your gun up and gain dominance over your mirror much quicker than a superman but gets you lower to the ground (therefore smaller profile AND more likely to have a lane just go over you) than a pop up.

Is there any way you could link me a good video on how to do super slides? I have never heard of them and if they are beneficial, might as well try them.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#27 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:17 AM

Honestly im not sure if there's a video for them out there but ill look for one.

#28 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:03 PM

Honestly im not sure if there's a video for them out there but ill look for one.

Are they hip slides? Mike has a video on hip slides.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#29 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:55 PM

Are they hip slides? Mike has a video on hip slides.
Possibly, ill have to check out that video

#30 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Only issue is if you don't play on turf you won't move with that slide; same with a pop slide/lateral slide. Normally tournaments use grass fields which end up being like sliding on dirt to people sliding there. Thus without a superman/circular momentum you won't actually go anywhere due to the high coefficient of friction occurring on a large portion of the body.You want to minimize the area of your body which touches the ground whilest gaining the same momentum.

A super slide would instantly stop you and possibly injure you. If your tournament although unlikely is on good turf that is washed/rained upon often 1-2 times a week; then a super slide would be safe and ideal. The issue is you won't see fields of that caliber unless in a competition like Millenium.

The first thing to do before playing on a field for a tourney is to try 1-2 slides into random bunkers to see how the grass/ground is to see if you slide or if you need to dive (superman slide) into the bunkers. I recommend superman slides due to them being effective no matter what type of field you play in while being the safest way to get to your bunker (in terms of timing). 

Edited by Lt. Blood, 15 November 2013 - 04:13 PM.

#31 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:18 PM

Only issue is if you don't play on turf you won't move with that slide; same with a pop slide/lateral slide. Normally tournaments use grass fields which end up being like sliding on dirt to people sliding there. Thus without a superman/circular momentum you won't actually go anywhere due to the high coefficient of friction occurring on a large portion of the body.You want to minimize the area of your body which touches the ground whilest gaining the same momentum.

A super slide would instantly stop you and possibly injure you. If your tournament although unlikely is on good turf that is washed/rained upon often 1-2 times a week; then a super slide would be safe and ideal. The issue is you won't see fields of that caliber unless in a competition like Millenium.

The first thing to do before playing on a field for a tourney is to try 1-2 slides into random bunkers to see how the grass/ground is to see if you slide or if you need to dive (superman slide) into the bunkers. I recommend superman slides due to them being effective no matter what type of field you play in while being the safest way to get to your bunker (in terms of timing). 

Ok, I love me a good superman slide so I guess that is what I will do if I slide when running forward.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#32 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Ok, I love me a good superman slide so I guess that is what I will do if I slide when running forward.
I just do lateral slides when running forward. I have no trouble doing it, and the last time I attempted a superman slide i nearly broke my collarbone so yeah
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#33 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:32 PM

I just do lateral slides when running forward. I have no trouble doing it, and the last time I attempted a superman slide i nearly broke my collarbone so yeah

I have worked on my superman slide technique for countless hours and never once have I core sampled or injured myself.....I consider myself very lucky.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#34 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:21 AM

Im a human Sasquatch and I have superman slid into snake. If I can do it anyone can, its just a matter of getting low and letting your momentum carry you into the slide, not propelling yourself through the air like a rocket. Thats when you hurt yourself slide dont dive. 

385369_268239173303630_1842080868_n.jpg

Older picture but thats me in S1 off break. Unfortunately I did not get any pictures of my entrance because even the camera man shat his pantaloons when he saw me do it. 

#35 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:42 AM

Another thing that happens a lot is when I actually do a superman correctly, the clamp on my feedneck of my alpha black (which will soon be replaced thank god) digs in the dirt or turf making me lose my momentum and basically making me flip over my gun

#36 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:38 AM

Another thing that happens a lot is when I actually do a superman correctly, the clamp on my feedneck of my alpha black (which will soon be replaced thank god) digs in the dirt or turf making me lose my momentum and basically making me flip over my gun

Ouch! The trick is getting low just before you dive because if you do what you see some players in Youtube videos doing (getting some air before you hit the ground), that's going to hurt even with pads. I have even seen some pro players do it because they are so focused on the match and are not worrying about their slide form. Also, when you dive in, your palms should always be facing up. Here is a video mike made on superman slides (there are other things in the video other than superman sliding, so you might want to skip to the superman slides):

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#37 michael_mnm

michael_mnm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

keep yourself in control, go in hot and fast and when you use your momentum to force yourself up dont catapult yourself past where you want to go.

im sorry but did anyone else take this dirty? anyway work on sliding on you hip

also i saw your dive video, make sure you keep your gun faceing forward put the tank but in the crease of your arm

PLAYING CFPS!!!!!!!!!

#38 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 01:15 PM

Before you get too used to doing that, you should keep your gun close to you body, not on top of your shoulder when sliding.

562866_10151017216248315_345574573_n.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users