113 replies to this topic

#51 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

Yea, Hockey definitely is the best sport man.

:ph34r:  

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#52 nickp

nickp

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,768 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:04 PM

Yea, Hockey definitely is the best sport man.

:ph34r:  

nah man best team sport is baseball but you gotta play it like dock ellis did

Kinda nsfw ish but no log in required http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_vUhSYLRw14

Posted Image
proud 06' Subaru Impreza owner
king of skiers
August Burns Red "wave good by to the past. You've got your whole life to lead"

#53 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:56 AM

Same kind of things are said to me at my school when a new person finds out that I play Paintball. It's funny how easily you can piss off some Football players when you say something like "Paintball takes more skill and physical ability than Football". I said that before and I had a nice show to watch. That is how I deal with the crap I get told about Paintball. I really like one of the sayings Alex Hodge made that is says "Do more of what makes you happy". It's at the end of this video (I'm sure almost all of you have seen it):

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#54 conorq12

conorq12

Are those my balls on your face?

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:21 PM

soccer takes tons of talent. You soccer players are really good at faking knee injuries. 

actually playing soccer takes zero skill. i don't understand how people can get payed to play a sport that i mastered ( along with all of my other friends ) at the age of 8 and never played again.

lg_ICU%20Paintball%20logo.jpg
ICU Paintball
Des Moines, Iowa
DSM Detox

ICU Rattlesnake

#55 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:43 PM

soccer takes tons of talent. You soccer players are really good at faking knee injuries. 

actually playing soccer takes zero skill. i don't understand how people can get payed to play a sport that i mastered ( along with all of my other friends ) at the age of 8 and never played again.

Say that in Miami and see how long you live. If you've "mastered" it, then why aren't you playing pro and making $300,000 A GAME. If you've mastered the sport then you could easily be the most dominant player to grace the earth. You could probably make $100,000,000 a year between salary and sponsorships. So why have I never heard of you and your masterful friends? BECAUSE YOU SUCK, that's why.

Fuck off.

I'm sure you pull off shots like this in your sleep:

You are a nuisance, this isn't the only thread I've seen you  

A. Troll

B. Be negative towards someone without being provoked

C. Be fucking stupid

and D. Claim to be better than everyone

Why don't you leave and come back when you aren't five years old.

/endrant

Edited by The Recballer, 23 November 2013 - 12:44 PM.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#56 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:59 PM

e-owned

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#57 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:49 PM

"Paintball takes more skill and physical ability than Football".

Not sure if srs.... Paintball does not take more physical ability than Football. I love both sports,don't get me wrong. In my opinion it does take more skill to play paintball, but physically, Football is a lot harder.

#58 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

Lol soccer takes no skill "mastered it at 8", you know cause at 8 you can kick a ball 80-100 mph, you can run at about 20 - 30 mph while dribbling a ball inbetween your legs, you can totally block a shot coming at you that's going 100 mph, let's not forget how much you can run in a game I'd say about 10 miles if you're playing mid. 

There is a reason Soccer is the most popular sport world wide, I like most sports but soccer dominates in popularity and is second to hockey in skill (imo)

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#59 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 03:20 PM

I like how everyone uses the excuse that soccer players fake injuries. I think soccer players try and draw fouls just as much as basketball players. And what is so bad about that in the first place?

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#60 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:08 PM

"Paintball takes more skill and physical ability than Football".

Not sure if srs.... Paintball does not take more physical ability than Football. I love both sports,don't get me wrong. In my opinion it does take more skill to play paintball, but physically, Football is a lot harder.

No I wasn't serious, I was just trying to show how insecure some Football players are and how easy to provoke they are.

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#61 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

lol it's alot easier to provoke paintball players than. 

Edited by Jawz, 23 November 2013 - 04:53 PM.

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#62 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:07 PM

How so?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#63 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

I like how everyone uses the excuse that soccer players fake injuries. I think soccer players try and draw fouls just as much as basketball players. And what is so bad about that in the first place?

Probably because basketball players don't act like they've been seriously injured. Never have I seen a basketball player draw a foul by rolling on the ground, holding his knee, face, arm, foot, or vagina, for a whole minute waiting for the ref to change his mind. Moreover, I've never seen a basketball player throw himself to the ground while getting into a physical confrontation like soccer, examples:

What happens in Football

822631906.gif?1384826764

Hockey

boulton.gif

Baseball

rky9av.jpg

Rugby...

punch-to-the-ear-rugby-tackle-hit-gifs.g

Basketball

FREASEPUNCH.gif

aaaaaaaaand Soccer

Soccer-bad-breath-dive.gif

Edited by AoSpades, 23 November 2013 - 06:24 PM.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#64 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 06:33 PM

Say that in Miami and see how long you live. If you've "mastered" it, then why aren't you playing pro and making $300,000 A GAME. If you've mastered the sport then you could easily be the most dominant player to grace the earth. You could probably make $100,000,000 a year between salary and sponsorships. So why have I never heard of you and your masterful friends? BECAUSE YOU SUCK, that's why.

Fuck off.

You are a nuisance, this isn't the only thread I've seen you  

A. Troll

B. Be negative towards someone without being provoked

C. Be fucking stupid

and D. Claim to be better than everyone

Why don't you leave and come back when you aren't five years old.

1310566609761.jpg

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#65 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:24 PM

Probably because basketball players don't act like they've been seriously injured. Never have I seen a basketball player draw a foul by rolling on the ground, holding his knee, face, arm, foot, or vagina, for a whole minute waiting for the ref to change his mind. Moreover, I've never seen a basketball player throw himself to the ground while getting into a physical confrontation like soccer, examples:

What happens in Football

822631906.gif?1384826764

Hockey

boulton.gif

Baseball

rky9av.jpg

Rugby...

Basketball

FREASEPUNCH.gif

aaaaaaaaand Soccer

Yea cause when there are fights in soccer, people die

How so?

Lol dude, we have a section to bitch about other sports. Plus all of the threads about people saying "No one ever acknowledges my sport"

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#66 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:57 PM

What happens in Football

822631906.gif?1384826764

Hockey

boulton.gif

Baseball

rky9av.jpg

Rugby...

Basketball

FREASEPUNCH.gif

aaaaaaaaand Soccer

Yea cause when there are fights in soccer, people die

How so?

Lol dude, we have a section to bitch about other sports. Plus all of the threads about people saying "No one ever acknowledges my sport"

I see what you mean.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#67 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 02:57 AM

What happens in Football

822631906.gif?1384826764

Hockey

boulton.gif

Baseball

rky9av.jpg

Rugby...

Basketball

FREASEPUNCH.gif

aaaaaaaaand Soccer

I once again ask, what does it matter? Why does it matter if part of the sport is punching each other like a bunch of idiots? It is stupid to fight like that.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#68 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:13 AM

Damn, I wish I could be as cool as you, bro. :dodgy:

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#69 Baux18

Baux18

Screw you guys, I'm goin home.

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,319 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 10:57 AM

Ice Hockey is easily the most complex, difficult and physically demanding sport out there. case closed. 

and to the guy who said basketball ill just assume you were drunk while posting that because that is absurd. 

Posted Image

Well aware, he is a master of sarcasm, and I love me my Baux.

#70 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:20 PM

How so?
"Paintball isn't a sport"
"Paintball is for those too lazy to play real sports"
"Paintball is for kids"
"How come I haven't heard of paintball tournaments?"
"#airsoftmasterrace"
"Paintball isn't realistic"
Must I go on?

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#71 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:47 PM

Guise ima break this down for you real swift. 

Soccer is irrevelant in the US it always has and always will be.

Football is the most physically demanding sport played professionally. These guys are highly trained super athlete physical specimens essentially bred to be the best at what they do. There is a reason why they have to wear all the pads they do, take a shot from Ray Lewis without pads on and lets see how many spinal vertebrae are left intact when you get out of the coma. Football is also a highly mental game, learning plays, reacting to defensive alignments, pick up on potential blitzes and even on the defensive side of the ball its a total game of chess.

Baseball is by far and away the most difficult sport to master because of the limitless number of potential situations and scenarios you have to be prepared to react to. Every pitch is a different ball game and their are hundreds of outcomes. Also there is a reason why hitting a baseball is known as the most difficult thing to do in sports. Look at major league pitching, there is only a handful of people who ever lived that could consistently hit well and even then when a pitcher is on his game its shutdown baseball. AKA Early Pedro Martinez <3

Hockey well i wont even touch on it because I dont follow it. 

Basketball is IMO filled with wannabe gangsters now, its seems as if its developing into "Ima get me mine and as long as I look good and put up a triple double IDGAF."

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#72 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 05:54 PM

I don't watch football but I will say they have the highest revenue in the US for  "team" sports and the least amount of games.  US football has no minor leagues and has agreements with it's small competition the CFL.

IMO what makes NFL so popular is their ability to groom the next generation of fans.  They don't drown out attention to starter leagues.

Friday = High School Football

Saturday = College Football

Sunday = NFL

Fantastic set up.  No local market competition.  I remember way back when nobody was watching the Minnesota North Stars in the play-offs because their collegiate team was playing in the College Play-offs at the same time.

#73 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:23 PM

Baseball is by far and away the most difficult sport to master because of the limitless number of potential situations and scenarios you have to be prepared to react to. Every pitch is a different ball game and their are hundreds of outcomes. Also there is a reason why hitting a baseball is known as the most difficult thing to do in sports. Look at major league pitching, there is only a handful of people who ever lived that could consistently hit well and even then when a pitcher is on his game its shutdown baseball. AKA Early Pedro Martinez <3

Have you ever watched box lacrosse? The goalie has to react just as fast, if not faster than a batter. A ball being launched at 80+mph from sometimes less than 10 feet away with fantastic accuracy.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#74 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:27 PM

Have you ever watched box lacrosse? The goalie has to react just as fast, if not faster than a batter. A ball being launched at 80+mph from sometimes less than 10 feet away with fantastic accuracy.

Im talking about professional sports here! :P You and your Lax haha and no I have never watched Box Lacrosse, not my cup of tea. Its meh. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#75 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 06:41 PM

HockeyRink-Zones.png

Just look at how a hockey rink is designed, there is nowhere for the puck to sit, it is in constant motion meaning you are constantly moving regardless of position! You're always being check into the walls, falling, stopping and starting etc! By far the most physically demanding sport in the world.

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#76 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:35 PM

Clearly you have missed those moments in baseball where the ball is hit straight back at the pitcher at over twice the speed it was pitched. To which the ball is caught half the time. The fact that a pitcher can catch a ball hit at over 180mph while off balance is just... Wow. I've had those moments pitching in high school, they are scary as all hell, and after it happens you are thinking to yourself, how did I even do that.

Dat reaction time tho.

#77 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 07:53 PM

In one play Offensive linemen ( not even the most difficult position) have to : 

1.Remember the play including the direction 

2.Read the defensive and adjust the play to it

3.Get off the ball as quickly as possible while using the correct footwork for the play

4.Go to their assignment or adjust for blitz's 

5.Use hand movements to get leverage on the defensive player or to push them away.

6.Recognize where the ball is 

7.Leave their original block and make a new block down field. 

I'm pretty sure that's more work than Hockey or Baseball...

Posted Image

#78 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:22 PM

Soccer, lacrosse, and hockey are all more physically demanding then football. So football is out of the picture.

In soccer you are looking at two halves of 45 minutes. There is 90 minutes of action. Every field player is constantly in motion, no matter what their position. As a midfielder there are a million things on your mind.

- Where is the ball?

- Who has it?

- Where should I be?

- If I get the ball where should I pass it?

- How can I get the ball from the other team?

- Where is the man marking me?

- Can I beat him in a sprint if I get the ball?

- Can I dribble past him?

- Where are my teammates?

- Should I pass or dribble?

- Can my teammate outrun his man?

- How far should I lead him on a through ball?

- Should I place it on the ground? Or in the air?

- Which direction should I take my first touch?

- How close is the man marking me?

- Do I have space?

- Does a teammate have space?

- Do my other midfielders have room?

- Am I playing wide enough?

I could very easily keep going. The number of things constantly going through your mind is insane. Not to mention that for 90 minutes you are running almost nonstop. Not only do you have to run, but you have to trap, dribble, mark, block, tackle, chase, shoot, pass, etc...

Now for the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper isn't constantly running, however he is guarding a 24ftx8ft goal. He has to block shots, run at forwards, catch, parry, slide, dive, block penalty kicks, etc.

Penalty kicks are taken from 12 yards away from the goal. If the ball is traveling over 70 miles an hour there is nearly zero time to react,  

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#79 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:39 PM

The amount of bias in that post is too damn high.

Seriously though, it's clear you've never played competitive levels of football nor have actually thought about how physically demanding football is. In no way is Soccer easy, however it's a completely different type of activity. Soccer requires endurance. Football requires strength and stamina.

Also, you think Soccer is the only sport where you have a million things going through you head? Try all that and adding 60 different plays to remember on the fly, as well as taking these stock plays and modifying them every single week to be tailored to the specific defense you'll face. And then take all the on the fly modifications you have to factor in as the defensive coordinators adapt to your offense and vice versa.

TL;DR - You like your sport? That's cool. You want to make baseless claims about other sports you've never played? That's not cool.

Note that I have not said Soccer was easy or not demanding. I'm not making any baseless claims about soccer to inflate my own sense of self worth or ego, cause the sport I play doesn't have to be the best sport ever to make me feel good about myself...

Edited by andrewthewookie, 01 December 2013 - 08:41 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#80 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:41 PM

Soccer GTFO

#81 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:12 PM

Guise ima break this down for you real swift. 

Soccer is irrevelant in the US it always has and always will be.

Football is the most physically demanding sport played professionally. These guys are highly trained super athlete physical specimens essentially bred to be the best at what they do. There is a reason why they have to wear all the pads they do, take a shot from Ray Lewis without pads on and lets see how many spinal vertebrae are left intact when you get out of the coma. Football is also a highly mental game, learning plays, reacting to defensive alignments, pick up on potential blitzes and even on the defensive side of the ball its a total game of chess.

Hockey well i wont even touch on it because I dont follow it. 

Basketball is IMO filled with wannabe gangsters now, its seems as if its developing into "Ima get me mine and as long as I look good and put up a triple double IDGAF."

Not to mention pitching a Baseball is one of the most damaging things you can do in Sports   

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#82 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:26 PM

There is a reason behind the pitching rotation. Pitchers are not sissies it is simply not a natural motion for the human body. 

#83 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:17 PM

Soccer, lacrosse, and hockey are all more physically demanding then football. So football is out of the picture.

In soccer you are looking at two halves of 45 minutes. There is 90 minutes of action. Every field player is constantly in motion, no matter what their position. As a midfielder there are a million things on your mind.

- Where is the ball?

yeah, try that same scenario with a full face mask and restrictive padding keeping you from completely turning your head around

- Who has it?

Soccer fields are so large that if you honestly have to ask yourself that, you shouldn't be playing

- Where should I be?

playing your designated area, striker, defender, etc. are not that hard of positions to remember where to and not to be

I seriously don't think there is a single sport out there to which that question hasn't be asked by one's self

And this is different from football, how?

no comment

I would think that'd be something you'd assess before it happens

Passing in football is the exact same thought process

Seriously? This is getting silly.

And this is different from football, how? When a wide receiver gets the ball, should he juke left, or juke right?

- Do I have space?

Do my wide receivers have room?  Again, different from football how?

I could very easily keep going.

As could I

The number of things constantly going through your mind is insane.

Holy shit you don't say...

Not to mention that for 90 minutes you are running almost nonstop.

There are these things called subs, don;t act like you run the entire, full 45 minute halves.

Not only do you have to run, but you have to trap, dribble, mark, block, tackle, chase, shoot, pass, etc...

You ever stop to actually watch what people in other sports must do in split second fashion? I don't think you do.

Now for the goalkeeper. The goalkeeper isn't constantly running, however he is guarding a 24ftx8ft goal. He has to block shots, run at forwards, catch, parry, slide, dive, block penalty kicks, etc.

The entire football team is trying to prevent someone from entering an even larger goal, that spans the width of the field... that any part of the human body that maintains positive control of the ball when it passes over the line, is considered a touchdown. Baseball players have an entire field to which at any moment could be smashed outside of and they can't do anything about it. At least soccer has the ability to block any and every potential score from occurring.

Penalty kicks are taken from 12 yards away from the goal. If the ball is traveling over 70 miles an hour there is nearly zero time to react.

And this is where you are wrong. See, soccer goalies are supposed to be good at reading body language. Which way their body is facing and where is their foot coming down to strike the ball. That gives them a split second to consider a general area to which the ball is going to travel, they have time to react, just not that much. Baseball players have almost the exact same amount of time to react to a pitch being thrown.
Will the ball hit me

Is it inside the box

Is it outside the box

Is it a curveball

will it be an inside curve

will it be outside curve

Is it a slider

Knuckle ball

changeup

four seem fastball

two seem fastball

where do I need to hit it

should I try and foul

should I bunt

should I bunt to first or third

should I take the hit

etc

I can go on about this for days, sound familiar?

Edited by AoSpades, 01 December 2013 - 10:20 PM.

#84 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:56 PM

- Where is the ball?

yeah, try that same scenario with a full face mask and restrictive padding keeping you from completely turning your head around

In football the ball is not traveling near as fast, and one of four people have it. The QB, HB/FB, a WR or a defense man. In soccer there are 22 people who could have the ball.

- Who has it?

Soccer fields are so large that if you honestly have to ask yourself that, you shouldn't be playing

Um what? Larger field means it's harder, contradictory much?

- Where should I be?

playing your designated area, striker, defender, etc. are not that hard of positions to remember where to and not to be

Each position has its "designated area" however those are just general guidelines. Depending on the location of the ball and the opposition a forward might need to be inside his own 18.

I seriously don't think there is a single sport out there to which that question hasn't be asked by one's self

Irrelevant

I never said it wasn't.

I never said it wasn't.

I never said it wasn't.

no comment

Because you can't make up a smartass remark

I never said it wasn't.

I would think that'd be something you'd assess before it happens

It is. Did I ever say it wasn't?

I never said it wasn't.

But only one player has to think this. In soccer 22 players have to think this.

Not silly, placement is important.

And this is different from football, how? When a wide receiver gets the ball, should he juke left, or juke right?

I never said it wasn't.

I never said it wasn't.

- Do I have space?

I never said it wasn't.

I never said it wasn't.

Do my wide receivers have room?  Again, different from football how?

I never said it wasn't.

How wide you are spread is irrelevant in football.

I could very easily keep going.

As could I

Cool story bro?

The number of things constantly going through your mind is insane.

Holy shit you don't say...

-smartass remark here-

There are these things called subs, don;t act like you run the entire, full 45 minute halves.

In High school there are unlimited subs and we only play 80 minutes, however a large number of my teammates are currently injured and I have personally played the entirety of our last three games. Pros only have 3 subs. So for 90 minutes minimum 8 people are running.

Not only do you have to run, but you have to trap, dribble, mark, block, tackle, chase, shoot, pass, etc...

You ever stop to actually watch what people in other sports must do in split second fashion? I don't think you do.

Do you ever stop making ignorant smartass remarks? I don't think you do.

The entire football team is trying to prevent someone from entering an even larger goal, that spans the width of the field... that any part of the human body that maintains positive control of the ball when it passes over the line, is considered a touchdown. Baseball players have an entire field to which at any moment could be smashed outside of and they can't do anything about it. At least soccer has the ability to block any and every potential score from occurring.

For your point about the goal being the entire field to be valid, throwing the ball into the endzone and it hitting the ground has to count, and it doesn't so try again. Baseball players do have the ability to control whether or not the ball goes over the fence. Ever heard of a good pitcher? And why didn't you continue with the sport you were originally arguing? Because there isn't a valid reason as to why football is harder than soccer in this aspect. 

Penalty kicks are taken from 12 yards away from the goal. If the ball is traveling over 70 miles an hour there is nearly zero time to react.

And this is where you are wrong.

Shit is about to get hilarious. Don't try and tell me I'm wrong. I've been playing goalkeeper for nearly ten years. It isn't my primary position, but I'm very good at it.

See, soccer goalies are supposed to be good at reading body language.

This is a true statement and I applaud you for knowing that.

Which way their body is facing and where is their foot coming down to strike the ball. That gives them a split second to consider a general area to which the ball is going to travel, they have time to react, just not that much.

True and untrue. If the ball is travelling anything over 70 MPH the goalie has zero time to read the "definitive" body language. By the time the human eye has time to process the information and start to move, the ball is in the net. "Definitive" body language is things like the knee. I was trained to watch the knee as the knee never lies. You can predict with 100% accuracy if you have time to read the knee. 

Baseball players have almost the exact same amount of time to react to a pitch being thrown.

It's been scientifically proven that a penalty kick going 70 mph is in fact harder to stop than hitting a 100 mph fastball.

Will the ball hit me

Is it inside the box

Is it outside the box

Is it a curveball

will it be outside curve

Is it a slider

Knuckle ball

changeup

four seem fastball

two seem fastball

should I try and foul

should I bunt

should I take the hit

etc

I've played baseball, I know, and I've already addressed the fact that you are arguing two sports against my one.

#85 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:06 PM

2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_

#86 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:07 PM

- Where is the ball?

I agree with this.

- Who has it?

- Where should I be?

Everyone does have their designated position but a lot of times you will need to make a run or help out a teammate, which requires you to get out of your position.  

Only the QB has to worry about that, in soccer everyone does.

I agree that is a silly argument but he's right in that soccer requires a lot of mental questions like that.

I play all 90 minutes of the game, most people do. Unless you get hurt.

It is a lot harder to have control with a soccer ball than any other ball.

And this is where you are wrong. See, soccer goalies are supposed to be good at reading body language. Which way their body is facing and where is their foot coming down to strike the ball.

Yes Gk's are trained to read body language, but what if I'm showing right and I go left? I just scored. Sometimes even if the goalie reads it right, the ball can be perfectly placed allowing no chance at all to get it.

That gives them a split second to consider a general area to which the ball is going to travel, they have time to react, just not that much. Baseball players have almost the exact same amount of time to react to a pitch being thrown.
Will the ball hit me

If it hits you then your job just got a whole lot easier, all you have to do is take your base. Don't get me wrong it hurts.

Is it inside the box

Is it outside the box

Easy to tell. Yes i played baseball for like 6 years I know.

Is it a curveball

will it be outside curve

Is it a slider

Knuckle ball

changeup

four seem fastball

two seem fastball

None of that really matters, all you need to know is if you should swing or not.

should I try and foul

should I bunt

A batter knows all of this before the pitch is thrown.

should I take the hit

idk about that one I know i wouldn't want to get hit with a fastball  ;) 

My replies are in blue.

I deleted some things I have no comment on. 

Now baseball is a cool sport and in no way am I hating on it, I just think soccer requires more skill.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#87 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

Lol @ you guys trying to break down Soccer like it's some multifaceted aspect of mental Olympics.

#88 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:11 PM

Lol @ you guys trying to break down Soccer like it's some multifaceted aspect of mental Olympics.

I'm not gonna lie, I had to google the word "multifaceted," but yes it is.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#89 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:14 PM

More so than other sports? I'm not saying it's really simple, but you guys are breaking things down into absurdity just to make it seem like there's lots going on.

If you want to sway people with your argument, present factual, well thought out posts rather than list after list of absurd things that 10 year olds master after 2 games.

#90 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:19 PM

More so than other sports? I'm not saying it's really simple, but you guys are breaking things down into absurdity just to make it seem like there's lots going on.

If you want to sway people with your argument, present factual, well thought out posts rather than list after list of absurd things that 10 year olds master after 2 games.

Yes more so than some sports, I say tied with others though. And there is a lot going. Also, I didn't make that list, I was just simply replying to what he had to say.

Lastly, if 10 year olds mastered that after two games then they would all be making millions right now on a club team.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#91 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:21 PM

Things like "who has the ball?" can pretty much be mastered by a 10 year old in a matter of seconds.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#92 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:23 PM

Things like "who has the ball?" can pretty much be mastered by a 10 year old in a matter of seconds.

That's not soccer though. If there was a game called who has the ball a 2 year old could master it. 

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

#93 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:24 PM

Everybody seems to forget we are all arguing over a matter of opinion. There's a number of you that need to get over it.

#94 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:27 PM

You completely missed what Wookie said. 

"Things" being the key word. Put together they form a more complex and difficult game, but listing the as separate things makes them extremely silly, and easy to master.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

#95 AoSpades

AoSpades

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:56 PM

Playing devil's advocate can make any sport look more complicated than another.

Soccer is only as popular as it is because it is the easiest to set up and play.

Random Area

Two designated goals

Ball

It's not popular because it takes, 'so much more skill.'

It is popular because of third world countries and has been around longer, plain and simple.

The argument you make is stupid, the arguments you continue to make are one sided. Not everyone will agree with you, not everyone likes soccer like you do. Get over it, get over yourself and move on. If you can't then get good enough at the sport to make millions and go back to those naysayers and tell them to go fuck themselves, which I honestly think is something you would do. If you can't do that, get a desk job like the majority of the world, conform and shut up.

Edited by AoSpades, 01 December 2013 - 11:57 PM.

#96 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:07 AM

I read that post and all that comes to mind is a white flag being raised.

#97 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:09 AM

I read that post and all that comes to mind is someone who has to get the last word in even when they've lost and have nothing else to add.

#98 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:36 AM

#airsoft4lyfe

#99 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:39 AM

If you really feel the need to justify to a bunch of random strangers on the internet that your way of playing with balls is better than someone else's way of playing with balls (haha balls), then go right ahead. You play soccer, cool, we get it, but a grand total of zero people give a shit.

And one more thing, I can totally see why those kids in school gave you shit. They also don't give a shit about soccer, but they seemed to know exactly what to say to piss you off and amuse themselves. 

One more thing (srsly last thing this time), AoSpades brings up a really good point about the real world. If you're gonna go and throw a temper tantrum on the internet because someone doesn't absolutely adore soccer like you, then you might have a few problems when the real world decides it doesn't like you and wants to kick you in the face.

#100 5ozofpain

5ozofpain

FUS RO DAH

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,170 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

If you really feel the need to justify to a bunch of random strangers on the internet that your way of playing with balls is better than someone else's way of playing with balls (haha balls), then go right ahead. You play soccer, cool, we get it, but a grand total of zero people give a shit.

And one more thing, I can totally see why those kids in school gave you shit. They also don't give a shit about soccer, but they seemed to know exactly what to say to piss you off and amuse themselves. 

One more thing (srsly last thing this time), AoSpades brings up a really good point about the real world. If you're gonna go and throw a temper tantrum on the internet because someone doesn't absolutely adore soccer like you, then you might have a few problems when the real world decides it doesn't like you and wants to kick you in the face.

That's the thing, we don't care if you like soccer, just don't go around telling us our sport sucks and is easy and what not. That is what the OP is about, not that they don't like it.

Feedback I LE AXE 

EKK ELITE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users