Photo

What do you think companies should focus on for making new markers?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:04 AM

We have been at the point for the last few years where any $400+ gun can shoot tournament grade paint at 300fps accurately and efficiently. Most markers are ergonomic, packaging is top notch (most companies), and a lot more markers are coming with barrel kits or multiple barrels as standard.

Do you think companies should focus more on making their markers more efficient? quieter? smoother? cheaper? easier to maintain? or any other focus?

Im interested to see what you all prefer,

Thanks

#2 Kevin

Kevin

King of low-end

• BST Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,183 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:07 AM

I just want more autocockers. Whatever needs to happen to make that a reality should like, happen...

I am qmto on youtube, i make funny videos because i love you all.
My Feedback 34/0/0
brasseagletechpblogo.gif

GUNS!!! Buy them please!

#3 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

I want sexy milling.

#4 saintnoir

saintnoir

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:48 AM

a return of true private labels,the basic markers would need to be beefier to give more material to mill but less mill time would make them cheaper.Elaborate anno schemes,sexy milling not just a little lazer engraving

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, It is by the beans of Java the thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion"
2k3 dark angel,2k1 c@c angel,dark ir3,2k1 angel,99 led,2k2 lcd,2kad,05,06 speed,g7,A1,A1 fly......yup i like angels

#5 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

I want a cheap, light ergonomic marker that has decent reliability.

In other words, I want a G5 except with a TechT L7 bolt stock and no bolt-stick problems. That would be ideal.

I would also like to see the Reflex Rail be replaced with a Proto Matrix again (like THAT'S ever going to happen) as well as the PMR to have a 14" barrel and the Ironmen trigger.

For the next Etek, I wish they had built-in flow controls. Not adjustable like the Ego11 because that's expensive, but fixed and simply a part of the manifold because that's cheap and super easy to do.

Lastly, I'd love to see a super cheap ergonomic marker with all the corners cut where they could be. This means:

GRN Frame, eye covers, lever-clamping feedneck (friberglass reinforced nylon)

Super simple Ion internals (or TechT L7 bolt, just not a shitty dump-valve).

14" one-piece barrel that's COMPLETELY done on a lathe (no exterior milling required whatsoever) with decent porting

LED Board with a microswitch

Ribbon Eyes (I'm actually Okay with ribbon eyes provided you don't need to take the grip frame off ever for routine maintenance)

Eye covers

On/Off/Purge ASA with center macroline fitting like on the Etek4/Droid

Trigger with a good shape too it. Doesn't need to be magnetic or have super awesome bearings, just a good shape.

Standard regulator adjustable from the bottom with an allen key

Clapper solenoid actuating a valve for the solenoid, or the super cheapo solenoid found in the PMR/eXTCy.

I'd be willing to pay $300-$350 for this easily.

In other words, slight changes to the 2011 PMR would result in this marker, and the eXTCy is closer already. The Mokal Aura (otherwise known as the Valken Proton) is also extremely close to this ideal.

Posted Image

#6 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:28 PM

I just want more autocockers. Whatever needs to happen to make that a reality should like, happen...

This.  The Resurrection, Kryponite and forthcoming Nemesis and TWSTR reincarnation, plus the run of five I'm doing, all give me the warm fuzzies.

More would be even better.

#7 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 12:54 PM

I want a spool valve marker with ZERO Minimalist milling.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#8 riddler

riddler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:05 PM

I want a spool valve marker with ZERO Minimalist milling.

zero minimalist milling as in you want a big honkin' gun shaped like a lion's head or something?

i are confused.

#9 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Efficiency. Doesn't matter how pretty the milling, how light the marker or how many modes the board has. If you can't get more than a pods worth of paint down range before you run out of air, none of the other is worth it.

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,301 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:05 PM

Everything can be improved. Efficiency, how smooth and quiet it is, ergonomics, battery life, more PL guns. You get the idea .

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#11 LUXOR54

LUXOR54

TechPB's smart ass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,120 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:42 PM

i'm thinking lighter markers. wouldn't be surprised if in the next few years markers were made completely of carbon fiber. you can change the color of the epoxy to give it different colors. 

Macdev Clone GT, 2k5 ccm'd superstock. up north where we like maple syrup and hockey.

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:54 PM

There is a mechanical limit to how small, light, efficient, smooth markers can be made. I expect new valve types possibly in the future along with integrated pressure sensors and other sensor types on most markers. Cars used to not really have any sensors amd now the entire engine and even drivetrain is computerized

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 15 November 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#13 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,920 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 04:07 PM

There is a mechanical limit to how small, light, efficient, smooth markers can be made. I expect new valve types possibly in the future along with integrated pressure sensors and other sensor types on most markers. Cars used to not really have any sensors amd now the entire engine and even drivetrain is computerized

Reminds me of the original electronic marker (Sandridge Autococker) and the J4 Torgue marker. They both use Hess sensors to determine bolt position and energize the solenoid based upon bolt position. No dwell settings on them at all. Cool stuff.

Posted Image

#14 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:43 PM

I want a shocker that is a tube, a frame a regulator and a barrel. That's it. Mill out enough space for electronics and internals but keep the external milling to an absolute minimum get it in under a pound and I will shi bricks.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#15 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:49 PM

I want a shocker that is a tube, a frame a regulator and a barrel. That's it. Mill out enough space for electronics and internals but keep the external milling to an absolute minimum get it in under a pound and I will shi bricks.

This times 12342432443.453
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#16 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:19 PM

I want companies to make more non-electric guns. Too many people have electros. We need to start going back to mechs for recball (tournaments can use whatever).

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#17 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

I want guns made via science so + people who know how to make them comfortable in the hands. Looks aren't such a big deal for me if I can have the best marker; most efficient, accurate (.0000001% makes a marker more accurate btw) etc.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#18 Shonz-On

Shonz-On

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

waterproof to the core marker

and a matching hopper to boot..

Naval Special Weapons Unit : milsim

:P my kinda scenerio game dreaming

#19 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Kingman and JT banned from Walmart?

#20 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 01:03 PM

Reminds me of the original electronic marker (Sandridge Autococker) and the J4 Torgue marker. They both use Hess sensors to determine bolt position and energize the solenoid based upon bolt position. No dwell settings on them at all. Cool stuff.

Incorporating additional sensor input into board logic would be a great direction for marker manufacturers to explore. Imagine a marker where you set the muzzle velocity in feet per second on the board, and then the marker would use its own internal sensors to adjust itself to produce the desired speed. I'm often struck by how "not modern" the process at the chrono station is...repeated firing, making sure you bring the right wrench, etc.

#21 FireFly*

FireFly*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:24 PM

Incorporating additional sensor input into board logic would be a great direction for marker manufacturers to explore. Imagine a marker where you set the muzzle velocity in feet per second on the board, and then the marker would use its own internal sensors to adjust itself to produce the desired speed. I'm often struck by how "not modern" the process at the chrono station is...repeated firing, making sure you bring the right wrench, etc.

^^^ I agree !

#22 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:55 PM

Couldn't agree more, paintball marker computer tech needs to reflect that which exists everywhere else in our world.

#23 HollaBackZach

HollaBackZach

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:14 AM

I want someone to re release the shocker. Lol that's about it. I'm honestly happy with the marker market. You get what you pay for..

#24 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 02:56 AM

I want someone to re release the shocker. Lol that's about it. I'm honestly happy with the marker market. You get what you pay for..

They have 

Spoiler

#25 Poopfairy35

Poopfairy35

Providing useless insights here since 2013

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:52 PM

Kingman and JT banned from Walmart?

No, all companies selling at wal-mart.
I am a raccoon.

#26 Dr. Fumbles

Dr. Fumbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:50 AM

I think we need to remake the War Machine Assault 80, but nicer looking.  It was ugly but that was the lightest markers out their!

#27 Dr. Fumbles

Dr. Fumbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

I would love to see more mech cockers and automags on the field both woodball and speedball!  I still use my E-Orry in tourny's.  By the way.... What is up with all of the tourny markers looking like e-mags?

#28 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

Just how long have you been out of the game?

#29 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:47 AM

What is up with all of the tourny markers looking like e-mags?

Um, maybe the Axe I guess. Nothing has truly matched the huge boxy emag battery/grip that I have ever seen.

I'd like a new Shocker too--and I don't mean a $1500 Luxe. I want a proper Shocker with decent trigger, blackheart board, and clamping feedneck at the old Shocker price.

edit: And I want everyone to admit that Ion threads are better than AC. They are wider and have double thread start. Taking on and off an Ion threaded barrel is legit.

Edited by Sydarm, 07 December 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#30 Nobben #44

Nobben #44

Life's too short to drive boring cars

• Members
  • 11,465 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 12:44 PM

Blackheart board? You really want that piece of shit on your marker?

I want another Shocker that isn't a $1500 Luxe with decent efficiency too.

#31 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

Someone should just machine out a new shocker body using Ego Eyes a modern noid and an ego frame and board. just full on make a build it yourself shego kit. 

#32 Dr. Fumbles

Dr. Fumbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Sorry I've been out of paintball for 7 years.....  :(   It's been awhile.

I guess the axe and the mini just look like it to me. 

As far as the ion threading, I can't look at my ion's because I shot it with my grandfather's reeaaaally old 4 gauge shotgun. 

My E-Orry can keep up with any marker on the field.  After all it's not stock.  If it was stock yes I would have problems keeping up because the e-blade trigger frame sucked, which brings me to another thing... I would love to see the MQ valves come back so I can put a DM5 trigger frame on my Orry or someone actually come out with a better e-frame for the cockers. :tup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users