5 replies to this topic

#1 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

Nice recap of this NEXL season tonight on NESN at 11:30. The show is called "Dirty Water."

#2 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:46 PM

The whole thing seemed like a massive empire, eclipse, and Boston paintball ad. I found it amusing how the "starter" setup that T2 made had a $1500 gun, $150 pants, and a $100 jersey.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#3 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:51 PM

Yeah, it was definitely commercial. I liked the profiles of the teams and the recaps of the divisions, though. If the ads are the price we have to pay to get local paintball on TV, I'm OK with it.

#4 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, it was definitely commercial. , I liked the profiles of the teams and the recaps of the divisions, though. If the ads are the price we have to pay to get local paintball on TV, I'm OK with it.

True, also not having it so late at night would probably help too.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 06:59 PM

Edited by Old Dude PB, 18 November 2013 - 07:07 PM.

#6 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:01 AM

I thought it was ok. I wanted to see more paintball. It lost a TON of potential by not showcasing more of the actual event and the players themselves. The production was solid but I would have loved to see more gameplay. I know Vitale has more money and industry connections than he knows what to do with there has to be a way to wrangle some industry sponsors to really put the sport out there. Earlier in the day and an hour long with some nice gameplay and maybe convince someone who does edits to do a an awesome intro for them and bam instant success. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users