• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MitacekM

MitacekM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 02:04 PM

So I have an all stock dm5 and have been having weird issues with it. I have the predator board with dwell set at 18 and the LPR is a hair under 5 turns out. So one game I'm having issues the bolt isn't going back completely, is leaking down the bolt and seems to be stuck on the bump on the bolt that the top hat rides on. So I regrease and reset the LPR and awesome no problems. So then the next time we go out it's shooting like a champ, with the exception of some crazy first shot drop off something in the neighborhood of 20-30 fps. So I take it home and clean the bolt and LPR, relube (Dye slick). Go to test fire and the bolt is sticking again, same deal. In looking at the bolt it looks like there is a lot of wear over where the top hat rides. I've replaced both of the inner top hat orings several times. Has anyone had this problem and found a fix? I'm pretty close to just getting an L7 bolt since that would replace the problem areas.

#2 jimmy4chevy

jimmy4chevy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:26 AM

Try putting a different inline reg on it and seeing if thats the problem.

#3 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:58 PM

Cold effects spoolies.  Turn the dwell up and main reg down.

#4 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,691 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:54 PM

Take the core out, wipe off all the current lube and relube with a thinner amount of lube. In the winter, you want less lube. Also after relubing it move the bolt back and fourth by hand, make sure your oring tolerances aren't too tight. If the orings don't feel too tight, put the core back in and see how it does. If you still have bolt stick then up the dwell by 1 ms each time, then adjust the regs accordingly.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,969 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

First replace the battery with a fresh duracell or energizer. Even if you JUST did replace it again. If your still having issues try a different HPA tank. I've seen people have unsolvable issues with markers that turned out to be a faulty tank reg.

Also, have you serviced the markers HPR? Check the orings and reg seat.

#6 MitacekM

MitacekM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

Jimmy, I borrowed my roommates reg and it did the same thing, so I swapped batteries same deal. Soup, i cleaned and relubed too many times to count but will definitely try upping dwell. Playdoh, I actually ran out of air on my tank from testing this PITA so I tried same roommates tank and same deal. I know the reg is fine because I had a leak out the exhaust hole and cleaned and regreased just a couple months ago. But currently I gave it to one of my friends who is good at teching DMs so if he can't figure it out I'll try these and let you know what happens. Thanks Guys!

#7 MitacekM

MitacekM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:02 PM

My roommates DM guru got it fixed! Thanks guys

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Dm, bolt stick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users