10 replies to this topic

#1 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:55 AM

So I'm not sure if I'm classified as an emotional eater on a clinical level of any sort but its just that I eat even when im not exactly hungry, usually when ever I feel depressed I have rare days where I kinda just binge eat but thats only like when im having the worse of days, and that usually makes me feel better...for the moment until I realize what I have done and how fattening everything i ate was and how ill gain weight then be upset that ill probably end up with the extra weight. Its just that food is good man. Had a bad day? eat some food, you'll feel better. Had an awesome day? have some fucking good food, slip into a food coma and sleep happy and full. Anyways the point being is sometimes i eat when im bored, dont want to deal with something, want to make something even better. Just a shit ton of reasons besides actually needing to eat something so i dont starve. Binge eating only happens on extremely shitty days, and the other half of eating besides when im hungry happens id say at least 2 sometimes 3 times in a month.

like i guess an average kinda example would be something like this:

eat like 2 cups of jello

we got some strawberry banana yogurt, let mix some cheerios in there while we're at it and it eat
have a raisin oatmeal cookie
oh we have some turkey lunch meat still? make a sandwich!

look at that single open pack of oreos...they arent going to dunk themselves in milk i gotta do it for them!

trail mix? why dont mind if i do!

that bag of veggie fries looks good, let me pour a bowl and try some

this happens all within a span of 20-30 minutes when it doesnt happen. anyways like I said before; the point being is that I'm eating and taking in calories that i dont need to be taking in and I dont work out a lot as I dont have a gym membership and I hate running, Id much rather prefer to swim but we dont have a pool anymore. I mean its not like I dont know the difference between being satisfied and full. Just that its kinda always been this way since my early teens as I was very troubled and family fell apart. So now im just wondering if anyone has had this problem or a similar type of deal that has overcame it. I'm getting better at controlling it however sometimes i do give in still but I want it to stop because its just a cycle that I keep beating myself up over in the end no matter how happy I feel in the moments after eating so much stuff. Oh and if it matters much im 5'10 at like 195-205 I dont have a scale right now nor do I know my body fat % but id say roughly around 20% if I had to take a guess? not really sure all i know is that im over 15% for sure but no higher than 20%

Lulzjustacat.png

#2 evosamurai

evosamurai

Pumperton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 09:31 AM

Alan u ate that gummy worm bro...lol  im at 35% bodyfat, thats what the scale told me...i've steered away from fast food and alcohol, when i get hungry i now snack on carrots and  celery and all shit.  seems to be working lol

Posted Image

#3 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 03:08 PM

Alan u ate that gummy worm bro...lol  im at 35% bodyfat, thats what the scale told me...i've steered away from fast food and alcohol, when i get hungry i now snack on carrots and  celery and all shit.  seems to be working lol

Lulzjustacat.png

#4 LikeACheeseStick

LikeACheeseStick

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:11 PM

I'd see a counselor about it. Even if you don't think you need one, you should do it anyways. Before I got a therapist I was the typical stubborn know-it-all denying that I need any help.

I'm no psychologist, but it seems to me that when people get depressed it really messes with a lot of things like sleep patterns, eating patterns, and obviously train of thought.

"They found me in an alley way, trying to re-enter the Earths' atmosphere in an old refrigerator box."

#5 evosamurai

evosamurai

Pumperton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:45 PM

makes sense kezia since you stay up all night every night

Posted Image

#6 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

that i do. usually dont sleep until the next day then again i dont wake up until about 2 or 3pm sometimes even 4pm

Lulzjustacat.png

#7 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,919 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:46 AM

I think it's time you seek professional help to find the root cause of the problem and get it fixed.

#8 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 06:32 AM

Honestly this is a problem for many Americans and most of the time we snack out of boredom or because it makes us feel better. Eating delicious food releases those "happy feelings" in our body that makes us feel better until like you said, you suddenly realize what you've done. I personally think you should seek professional help not because you are crazy or anything, but because this could turn into a serious issue. I personally over the past 7 years have decided to eat to live, not live to eat. Everything I put into my body serves a purpose and other things around me make me happy like my family, military career and paintball. I currently do the paleo diet and have considered it a lifestyle change instead of a "diet" since diets are only temporary. Also, when I'm watching TV or on the computer I drink A LOT of water. This prevents me from binge eating processed foods and you will be surprised that most of the time you aren't hungry but thirsty. If things are bothering you, use other sources that you know will make you happy. For instance if I'm having a terrible day I'll hop on TechPB and read through the forums or go on Call of Duty and destroy people. SInce you don't have a gym membership and hate running there are other avenues you can take like at home workouts. There are a TON of free workouts posted on you tube and other popular ones like P90X and Insanity. Also at bodybuilding.com there are a lot of exercises to choose from if you ever decided to get that gym membership (which I recommend). You will be surprised how many people will be willing to help you as long as you ask. Don't be intimidated by the gym, just know that everyone there, including the fit people are trying to better themselves. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'll be more than glad to help a fellow baller out!

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#9 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 04:59 AM

Dude dont waste time going to a doctor or counselor lol. If you dont have money for a gym you dont have money to have someone tell you something you already know. I eat and snack all day and I sit at most at 10-11%bf. Unlike you I do put in about 2 hours 5-6 days a week at the gym but BF% is diet. One of the best bodybuilding phrases are "You can't out run a bad diet" no workout lifting or cardio will help you lose weight if you are a crappy eater. 

I am like you I LOVE SNACKING. And I can put away serious food. When I was younger I was over weight used to get 2 boxes of little pizza and eat 1 1/2 of them. But after I got out of the military I learned quite a bit from a friend about healthy foods. And there are a lot of great choices when it comes to snacks. So things you eat I too eat just a cleaner form. So here is some great snacks.

like i guess an average kinda example would be something like this:

eat like 2 cups of jello  (sugar free fat free guilt free jello)

we got some strawberry banana yogurt, let mix some cheerios in there while we're at it and it eat (Low carb yogurt is the same price tastes as good and cheerios are ok for you)
have a raisin oatmeal cookie (The problem with this cookie is its high fat. But if you make your own with super low fat butter they are still good and I even use them to carb load before workouts)
oh we have some turkey lunch meat still? make a sandwich! (Watch how much mayo you use if you can use mustard stay away from white breads and even some fake whole grains like sara lee and what not)

look at that single open pack of oreos...they arent going to dunk themselves in milk i gotta do it for them! (Fat free milk and sorry but oreos are my favorite cookie I eat 1-2 a night when I buy them but man they are bad for you 2 normal oreos is 7 grams fat 2 sat fat OUCH!!!!)

trail mix? why dont mind if i do! (Trail mix is great just make sure it doesnt have too much candy in it. I make my own without candy and add more fruit and its BOMB I bring it to the field with me)

that bag of veggie fries looks good, let me pour a bowl and try some (I am pretty sure I know what these are.....Little colorful stick chips....Chips in a whole arnt great for you if your going to eat empty carbs then always pick the healthier choice thats really the big thing.)

The biggest thing is just picking the lower fat or low carb option for junk food. I have as much junk food as the average home but I dont partake in every day and when I do I dont go overboard. If you know your going to eat a bad meal grab something healthy and eat it with your junk food. That way your full and there isnt as much damage as if it was all bad food. 

If weight loss is your goal just cut back on the carbs a little and I can help you with this as well. But if snacking is a problem then just take the advice above and it should help a lot!

Edited by ballsonyourface3395, 08 December 2013 - 05:02 AM.

#10 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 27 December 2013 - 06:07 PM

What you are experiencing is not out of the ordinary, it's not weird, how you are reacting to stress is 100% perfectly normal

When your body gets stressed, it craves food. Stress ignites part of your brain that make you crave food. 

Your brain, and your muscles are powered by sugar. Foods have sugar. When your are stressed, your body thinks that something "bad" is going to happen, and wants your brain and your muscles to be ready... it increases your cravings for food, your taste buds are more sensitive to both sugar and sweet, and feeding your body clams your brain (and your nerves) down.

Unfortunately, this can very quickly lead down a bad path of rapid weight gain.

I have experienced this first hand, in several stressful situtations. Stressful jobs I've had, I've ate more and gained weight. I did this in school (the famous Freshman 15) from being stressed from classes and coursework, stressed when I had my daughters and was up all night, etc

Many psychologists have said that sugar (and food) are just as addicting as the most addictive drugs on the market. 

Admitting and realizing you have a problem, is the first step towards fixing it. You need to attack this issue, just like a smoker attacks his/her cravings. 

#11 Al3xIP

Al3xIP

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

Used to be in same situation myself still am at times haha where I just wanna eat cause I was bored.

Joining the gym was the best decision I have made, I learned to basically control what I eat and stayed away from junk food.
I'm at the point to where if I eat really bad then I feel bad. It's all about willpower if you feel you want to lose some weight and eat better, then the first step is getting active

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users