Photo

Hyper2 reg causing leaking down the barrel on both my guns...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimmy4chevy

jimmy4chevy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:32 AM

I have the stock Hyper 2 for my DM4.  One day the gun started leaking down the barrel.  I COULDNT NOT for the life of me figure it out after replacing most of the o-rings on the bolt.  Then i threw the hyper2 reg on my e-orracle and it did the same damn thing, leaking down the barrel through the bolt.  Further more i put my mini CP reg on my dm4 and it shot completely fine

I rebuilt the hyper2 but i only regreased it and didnt put any new o-rings in it since they all seemed fine.  What the hell is the deal here.

Also on a sidenote my Black Magic inline reg took a shit too.  Its blowing air out of the exhaust pinhole.  This is driving me nuts!  2 regs down within a week?!?

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:46 AM

maybe you cranked the pressure up on both regs without knowing. 

#3 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:53 PM

Near impossible for the reg to leak down the barrel if everything is tuned and orings good.  Reg would have to be cranked up.  This usually blows out the tophat inner oring.

#4 jimmy4chevy

jimmy4chevy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:58 PM

I bottomed out the adjustment screw. Turned it all the way in and then started by turning it out slowly and it still leaks. All the way in means minimal psi right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users