Photo

how often do mechanical markers chop balls?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#51 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 12:39 AM

Take it easy on the OP.  He's new and doesn't know all the pb terms. If any of you feel like picking on a 12 year old just entering the sport keep doing it but you'll find out the hard way that I can be the biggest cyber-bully here.

+1 (But still. Google'ing your question can find much faster answers.)

Said by a true newbie :P. lol. Yea people are being kind of hard on ThePBNewbie but his questions can be answered by googling most of them. What I have been told is that the members on here prefer you to ask questions when google can not answer them. Although this is the Newbie forum so ThePBNewbie is not out of line at all.

Justin B is kind of right i forgot that i can just search google.

#52 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Take it easy on the OP.  He's new and doesn't know all the pb terms. If any of you feel like picking on a 12 year old just entering the sport keep doing it but you'll find out the hard way that I can be the biggest cyber-bully here.

Said by a true newbie :P. lol. Yea people are being kind of hard on ThePBNewbie but his questions can be answered by googling most of them. What I have been told is that the members on here prefer you to ask questions when google can not answer them. Although this is the Newbie forum so ThePBNewbie is not out of line at all.

Justin B is kind of right i forgot that i can just search google.

Ask all you want, just try to give a little more information. It will help people understand what information you are after.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#53 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:08 PM

Nope. Pretty sure that was just Moon. The point of the forum is to ask questions.

OP Wasn't trying be a dick if I came off that way in this thread. Best of luck with learning the sport,

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#54 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

This was an interesting thread. In the first pinned topic all it talks about is that new players should feel confident to ask any question regardless, how this site is different than PBNation in how people are treated, people don't act like jerks over here, etc. Then in one of the first topics I happen to read (I'm new to this forum, been watching Mikes watching Mike's video's for years, finally got around to joining) people respond to a new player just like they do over at PBNation. I'll give the moderator credit as they seemed to have pulled this tread back on track but when are paintballers going to remember we've all been there. We all had to learn terminology, how to play, etc. We didn't know it all on day one. If experienced players keep treating all these new players like crap it's going to get really lonely out on the field. As people leave there won't be anyone replacing them.

Anyway just my observation.   

#55 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Our main issue which I feel instigated this more hostile nature to the newbie was that this guy has been here for quite  some time, and has asked many similar question, in which we have answered. I think some that responded believed he was not fully grasping the information that we happily provided to him, even in this recent thread. Ever try answering the same question to the same person who had recently asked it not too long ago?

This may not be the case, but this is how many felt when attempting to give advice to ThePBnewbie.

Rest assured, I'm sure no one meant any form of hostility.

Had it been a brand new member, or some guy who very recently joined, we would have given advice with open arms and a snack.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#56 amz

amz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Fair points. I didn't realize the history with the OP.

#57 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 10:47 PM

2 things to think about:

1.) The OP has been on this forum for a while now

2.) We CLEARLY defined what ramping was and he still insisted upon what he thought it was and disregarded our info on the topic. 

Could we have re-worded some of the comments... yea, do I feel bad about what I have said... no.

#58 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:08 PM

It's one thing to ask a question, but asking the same questions over and over while disregarding our advice and still continuing to post advice that is completely wrong is a totally different thing.

#59 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:41 AM

Ok look. I maybe be a HUGE newb in some parts but think about what i have said is the advice I give really that bad? Or is it bad because there was something I didn't know?

#60 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:45 AM

Its the fact that you are giving advice on equipment that you have not personally used. Making whatever opinion you've made, or advice you've given based on hear-say, not actual experience with the item(s) in question. First hand experience is really the only way of forming an opinion for yourself.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#61 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:49 AM

Ok look. I maybe be a HUGE newb in some parts but think about what i have said is the advice I give really that bad? Or is it bad because there was something I didn't know?

Never give advice on anything you haven't used extensively, if I have put less than 10 cases thru a gun I won't review or recommend it.

#62 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:53 AM

Do not make me dig into my pile of rants pertaining to people giving advice on topics they know little about. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#63 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 12:56 AM

Its unhelpful because its simple regurgitation of information. If you can't say WHY, advice isnt really that useful.

#64 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,966 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:00 AM

Its unhelpful because its simple regurgitation of information. If you can't say WHY, advice isnt really that useful.

qft

"GSL Shoots tittiez and lazors this guy I met at a titty bar said his ex girlfriend's brother's old roommates cousin was Ryan Greenspan. Greenspan totally told him that its like totally awesome and like dead quiet and shoots like 10 cases off one fill of a co2 tank doood." 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#65 Toxin PB

Toxin PB

California Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 11:07 AM

qft
"GSL Shoots tittiez and lazors this guy I met at a titty bar said his ex girlfriend's brother's old roommates cousin was Ryan Greenspan. Greenspan totally told him that its like totally awesome and like dead quiet and shoots like 10 cases off one fill of a co2 tank doood."
[/quote]

Hahaha

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users