• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VGarcia75

VGarcia75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 11:36 AM

So recently, I've been looking to buy my first paintball gun. I finally decided to get an empire axe. But I did some extra research and found the axe pro. I noticed that it's about $350 more. So what are some of the differences? And which should I buy?

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:15 PM

It has a borad with a screen on it. Absolutely NOT worth the price.

#3 VGarcia75

VGarcia75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

Yeah, from what I've heard about it. It's not worth it.

#4 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

With you saying $350 price difference i would assume you are actually looking at the LE PDD or carbon fiber edition. So on top of the board you also get the freak set

empire axe "pro"= $800 (794.95)

Empire axe $460 (459.95)

Add the OLED bored $220 (219.95)

Price is now $680

Add in the freak barrel kit $155 (154.95)

Price is now $835

So with the pro you save $35 but you lose the stock board and barrel, which is not really a big deal as you will not need or use them since the "Pro" comes with better upogrades. Plus if you get the LE PDD than its all matching so you will have serious swag (kidding i hate the word swag).

Now in my opinion i dont think you really need the redline board as i have had my axe for over 6 months and the only time i mess with the board is to turn in on and off, but i dont play tournaments and don't like ramping.

My recommendation would be to just get the regular Axe and buy an aftermarket barrel kit and paint with the money you saved. Unless you plan on playing a lot of woodsball or scenario games in which case you may want to consider the Empire super freak kit with the Apex as that has gotten me dozens of extra "kills" due to the increased range and even a few curved kill shots.

pain forces us to make bad decisions... fear of pain is almost as big of a motivator

#5 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:59 PM

Just get a dye boomstick and program the marker at home. You can get them like new for around 350 which means for around 500 you can have an axe pro with a better barrel but with no panel.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#6 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:33 AM

Just get a dye boomstick

Why do you keep giving this advice? A boomstick is a worse waste of money than even an Axe Pro if you ask me.

#7 The Knife Crazy

The Knife Crazy

Spray and Pray Extraordinaire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:12 PM

I decided to stick to the regular axe, and bought the Freak Kit a few months later.  I feel like this is the better option as your wallet doesn't get quite as skinny all at once, as well as you could get some pretty sweet paint or gear with all that money you saved by not needing a screen  :tup:

If You're Not in the Front, You're Doing it Wrong

Current Setup:
Empire Axe in Gun Metal Grey with Matching Freak Barrel Kit
Dye Rotor
Ninja 50/4500

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

Just get a dye boomstick and program the marker at home. You can get them like new for around 350 which means for around 500 you can have an axe pro with a better barrel but with no panel.

That's some of the worst advice I've ever heard. If you're going to recommend a barrel, at least recommend something worthwhile.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 jhm99

jhm99

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:55 PM

Lurker .684 barrel, only $40 bucks and shoots very consistently.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users